263
   

What are you listening to right now?

 
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2026 06:41 pm
For a long time I've used tags in exif genre field for mixtape 'themes' - I'm updating a few of those tags to start with an x to remove false hits searching songs where the same text appears in some other exif field.

Anyway to get WMP to update it's database to pick up the changed tag you have to play the song (at 400,000+ songs it's more manageable the reindexing the entire collection. Anyway - this is what I'm playing right now

0 Replies
 
newcleus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2026 05:10 pm
I'm listening to a Jay Z mix
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2026 01:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msg-inxE8NU

Golden Earring ~ Twilight Zone
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 May, 2026 10:07 am



The Strokes ~ Going Shopping
0 Replies
 
MindX21
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2026 02:13 am
Now Massive Attack Teardrop on repeat
0 Replies
 
MindX21
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2026 04:19 am
My Rifle, My Pony and Me good too
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2026 12:42 pm



HUM ~ Stars
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2026 08:14 am



The Band ~ Chest Fever
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2026 12:04 pm



Johnny Blue Skies & The Dark Clouds ~ Situation
0 Replies
 
coluber2001
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2026 04:49 pm
This has to be the most perfect piece of music ever written for piano.
Brahms intermezzo #2, Opus 118
https://youtu.be/20Gb0JcviRA?si=Kd_6R-NIde9Q2IUR
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2026 05:05 pm



Caroline Rose ~ Yip Yip Yow
0 Replies
 
cmturner
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2026 08:01 am
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2026 03:20 pm
I have been without a record player for some time.

I've got one set up now and am listening to some of my records for the first time.

I've just listened to a Miles Davis Concert. My Funny Valentine, recorded 1964 to help the NAACP with voter registration in Mississippi and Louisiana.
cmturner
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2026 05:50 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I have been without a record player for some time.

I've got one set up now and am listening to some of my records for the first time.

I've just listened to a Miles Davis Concert. My Funny Valentine, recorded 1964 to help the NAACP with voter registration in Mississippi and Louisiana.

I built my record collection from 1958 to several years ago. Now I want to preserve them, so I have been giving them to my kids and a nephew, who all claim they will see they are safe. I no longer have a record player.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2026 03:12 am
@cmturner,
I've only just set mine up since moving house.

It's a cheap modern one.
cmturner
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2026 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
I gave up after I bought a record player from Target and it never worked properly, not designed to do ought but take my money.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2026 06:33 am
I've been listening to Parallel Lines by Blondie.

It's avery good album with a lot of classic songs, Heart of Glass, Hanging on the Telephone, Sunday Girl and One Way or Another, but the song that keeps going round my head is Pretty Baby.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Rockhead's Music Thread - Discussion by Rockhead
WA2K Radio is now on the air - Discussion by Letty
Classical anyone? - Discussion by JPB
Ship Ahoy: The O'Jays - Discussion by edgarblythe
Evolutionary purpose of music. - Discussion by jackattack
Just another music thread. - Discussion by msolga
An a2k experiment: What is our favorite song? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED . . . - Discussion by Setanta
Has a Song Ever Made You Cry? - Discussion by Diest TKO
 
Copyright © 2026 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.08 seconds on 10/07/2026 at 05:49:27
▲ ▼