How to educate myself about Islam ?

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm
I am not religious and intend to keep it that way.

Thanks to our Zionist friends in Washington however the issue of Islam keeps popping up over and over and i don't see any reason why it would be going away anytime soon.

So i might as well learn a few things about it to be better equipped to argue or write about related topics - where should i start ? Please don't say "Read the Quran" - i am looking for something easier than that.

Thanks !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
This is a great website for learning the basics of any religion:

Religion, World Religions, Comparative Religion - Just the facts on the world's religions.
YuhannaEl

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:12 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Five Witnesses Of Faith
1 . Tawhiyd = Oneness Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta 'ALA . H-Q 20 ; 1 - 21
2 . Salaat = Worship . H-Q 2 ; 40 ; 46
3 . Zakaat = Poor ~ Rate . H-Q 4 ; 156 - 170
4 . Ramadaan ~ Fasting . H -Q 2 ; 183 - 189
5 . Hajj ~ Pilgrimage . H -Q 2 ; 190 - 195 .

The Five Prayer .
1 . Fajr ~ Dawn . H -Q 17 ; 78 - 83
2 . Dhuhr ~ Early Afternoon H -Q 24 ; 44 - 58
3 . Asr ~ Late Afternoon H-Q 2 ; 238
4 . Maghrib ~ Sun -Set H -Q 30 ; 1 - 28
5 . Isha ~ Night H -Q 24 ; 44 - 58

Al Qur'aan 2 ; 132 , And I Quote ; And Abraham By Way Of It ( Al Islaam ) Bequeathed ( Awarded ) His Sons ( Ishmaelites ) And Jacob's Sons ( Israelites ) . Surely Allah Chose The Decision For You ( They Diyn ) . So Do Not Die Unless You Are Of The Ones Surrendering In Peace ( Muslims ) . ( 132 ) .

My purpose for me writeing this E-Mail to you call You Must Be Born Again , is to Educate TheMuslims , And Those who have converted to Islam Their's / Your New Way Of Life ; Al Islaam . No , I expect that when you took your Shahaada you did it Sincerely , and you wish to take the Next Step , Live Al Islaam as prescribed by Allah Most Glorified And Exalted . I will teach you how to do just that . However , if you didn't intend to give up your '' Ham Sandwiches '' And '' Miller Beer '' and you still continue living your same Old Lifestyle .. Then that mean that you Lied to Allah Most Glorified And Exalted .

Believe Me , Allah Most Glorified And Exalted Is Aware Of Your Lies And Your Hypocrisy

Al Quraan 2 ; 8 - 10 , And I Quote ; And As For People Who Say ; '' We Are Faithful In Allah And The Last Day ' ; Yet They Are Not In ( Amongst ) The Faithful Ones , ( 9 ) . They Seek To Deceive Allah , And Those Who Are Faithful ( To Him ) , And They Deceive None Except Themselves ; Yet They Don't Perceive It . ( 10 ) . There Is A Disease In Their Hearts . So , Allah , Increases Their Disease And For Them There Is An Aching Pain , Because They Are Liars .

When you take your Shahaada , you Make an Oath Of Faith in Allah Most Glorified And Exalted , his Scriptures and his Prophets ( PBUT ) . At This Point You Are Remorn .

Meaning you are raised from a Soul in Darkness and Death , to Light and Living . So To prove you are Faithful to him . You Must show it through your Actions by keeping the Laws that are in His Scriptures and following the Tradition of His Peoplets .

As One Reborn , You ... Must learn how to worship , Eat , Speak , and Dress just like a Baby has entered this world ; And you ... Must also learn about the Background / History/ Culture of your New Way Of Life , so it will be quite clear to you just how to live Al Islaam ;

In Diynu'l Islaam there are Laws Governing every aspect of Life . Yes , there are Laws for Dressing , Eating , Marriage , Birth , Death , Hygiene , Inheritance , Social Habits ; how one Walks , Talks , Etc . -- Your Whole Life Is Governed By ( Diynu'l Islaam . Islaam Doesn't Call For You To Adhere To Its Laws ( For One Day , Like Christians Pretend To Do On Sunday . It Demands Your Entire Life Everyday For The Rest Of Your Life . One Cannot Claim Himself To Be Muslims And Not Abide By The Laws Governing It ( Al Islaam - Which Are Found In The Holy Scriptures Of Allah .

You have to Worship Five Times A Day And Give Up Your Three Piece Suits And Jeans Etc Etc For A Simple Styless Jallaabiyya , Al Islaam Becomes Bitter To You .

Diynu Allah Not Diynu Muhammad ~ In most , If not all biographies of the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( PBUH ) he is described as the Founder '' of Islaam , The title is very Mis - leading , especially since it is evident that the practices which the Seal of the Prophet , Muhammad ( PBUH ) observed , were In Use before his time , Nor Has Anyone Put Forth The Question ;

Christians writers say that he Borrowed ' from Christianity and Judaism , To formulate Islaam
; Muslims insist that he founded a new way for humanity . to add to the confusion , Some Muslims refuse to read the Scriptures which were revealed before the Qur'aan , inspite of what Al Quraan states ;

Al Quraan 2 ; 4 And I Quote ; These Are They Who Are Faithful To What Was Sent Down ( Al Qur'aan ) To You ( Muhammad ) And What We ( Allah And The Angels ) Sent Down Before You ; ( As Suhuf ( The Pure Pages , Adam 10 , Seth 50 , Enoch , 30 , Abraham 10 ) , At Tawraah ( The Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses ) , Al Hikma ( The Wisdom , 19 Books Of Leummim ( Luqman ) ; Az Zubuwr ( The Psalms , 150 Boods Of David ) , And Al Injiyl ( The Evangel , Revelation ) 22 Books Of Jesus The Messiah ) , And In The End They Will Certainly Be Successful . ( 4 ) .

Nin -Mah Refer To Your Quraan For A Better OverstandIng It Meaning Of These Verses Ok
Eat Of The Lawful Foods ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 168 - 176 ,
Laws Concerning Death ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 180 - 182 ,
Fast Fast As Those Did Before You ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 183 - 189 ,
Pilgrimage And Fighing In Self Defense ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 190 - 196 ,
Abstaining From Divorce ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 226 - 231 ,
Remarriage After Divorce , Provisions For Divorces ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 232 - 242 ,
Fighting In The Path Of Allah ~ Al Qur'aan 2 ; 243 - 248 ,
Responsibilities To The Orphans , Enosite Women , Polygymy . And Paying Of Dowries ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 1 - 10 ,
The Law To Share Inheritance ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 11 - 14 .
Dealing With Abominable Deeds , Both Males And Women ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 15 - 21 ,
The Faithful Don'r Take Enosite Women By Force ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 19 - 21 ,
Women You Can't And Can Marry ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 22 - 25 ,
The Source Wants You To Turn To Repentance To Him ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 26 - 31 ,
Do Not Go Near Salutation As Worship When Drunk Or In An Unclean State ~ Al Qur'aan 4 ; 43 ,
The Divoice ~ Al Qur'aan 65 ; 1 - 11 ,

Cleaniness ~ The Prophet Mastafa Muhammad Al Amin ( PBUH ) oberved certain rules of cleaniness called Fitrah . Ten of these practices were followed by the Prophet ( PBUT ) before him . The word Fitrah means nature or natural disposition , although it has other meanings .

These Practices Are Related In The Traditions , They Are .
1 . Clipping Of The Mustache So That It Does Not Enter The Mouth .
2 . Not Cutting Or Shaving The Beard .
3 . Cleaning The Teeth - Miswaak .
4 . Cleaning The Nostrils .
5 . Cleaning The Mouth With Water .
6 . Cleaning The Finger Joints .
7 . Removeing The Hairs From The Armpits .
8 . Shaving The Hair Of The Private Parts .
9 . Washing With Water After Passing Urine .
10 . Cutting Of The Nails .

The practices of Fitrah make up a part of the rules of cleanliness - Tahaarah . The classification of Clean and Unclean things also stem from Millatu Ibrahiym ( Religion Of Abraham . All this is to say to those who like to say that The Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ) found Islaam . The practice of Purification ( Wuduw'u , Tayyamum ) before performing Worship also os part of The Sunnah of The Prophet ( PBUT ) .
YuhannaEl

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:13 pm
@YuhannaEl,
Dress ~ The Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( PBUH ) Wore a specific type pf Dress . The Jallaabiyya , Bantaluwn , And Kufiyya was also Worn by The Prophets ( PBUT ) before him . This is what is referred to at times in The Scriptures as The Garb Of Righteousness . The Garment mentioned in the following quote is describing a Jallaabiyya , A Long White Robe .

Injiyl ( Evangel , Revealation Of Jesus The Messiah 1 ; 13 , And I Quote ; And In The Midst Of The Seven Candlesticks One Like Unto The Son Of Man , Clothed With A Garment Down To The Foot ...

It is interesting to note the similarities between Muslims attire and the Garb of the Israelites . This is so because then Seal Of The Prophets Muhammad ( PBUH ) did not formulate a Dress Code . They Adopted The Dress Code Of The Israelites . Once again we see where The Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ) Followed the way of Life Of The Prophets ( BPUH Before Him . That's Why He Was Such An Excellent Example .

There Are Three Classes Of Writings .
1 . Divine Revelation ( From The Most High ) .
2 . What Men Saw Prophets Do .
3 . Interpretation Of The Actions Of The Prophets ( After They Have Died ) .

The First are the Divine Revelations that have been sent down and received by the Prophet of Allah ( PBUT ) . Thes Are The Scriptures which have been mentioned Before .

Divine Revelation
As Suhuf ( 100 Pure Pages ) ~ Time , Life , Sin , Generation .. The Law ~ At Twraah / The Wisdom ~ Al Hikma / The Reading ~ Al Qur'aan / The Songs ~ Az Zubuwr / The Good Tiding ~ Al Injiyl .

< These Are The Scriptures Of The Most High >
For example - Moses ( PBUH ) received the Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses ) , Jesus received the Injiyl ( The 22 Books Of The Evangel , Revelation ) , and Muhammad ( PBUH ) received the Qur'aan ( 114 Books Of Ahmad ( Muhammad ) .

The Second Class is the accounts of what Men Saw these Prophets do . In this class is the Mishna , The Gospel and the true biography of the Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ) .

The Third Class is those writtings that Men Wrote long after the passing of The Prophets . These writtings were Men's interpretation of the actions of The Prophets . In this group are the Talmud . the Hadiyth and the Epistles of Paul . The point . to remember is that Prophets are are inspired . The writtings they receive are divine . infallible . The writing of men are not inspired . they are fallible . The way The Prophets do . things is their Sunna . In the course of time , Men have confused these Three Groups of Writings or given more respect to some while overlooking the word of Allah Most High .

In The Matters Of ;
1 . Cleanliness
2 . Purification
3 . Dress
4 . Eating Of Certian Foods

.... And even the basis for other etiquettes - All are founded in the practices that existed prior to the coming of The Prophet Mustafa Muhammad ..

Similarities Of Ishmaelite And Israelite Garbs
Ishmaelite
1 . White Robe
2 . Taaqiyya ( Kufiy )
3 . Shaw ( With Tasseels )
4 . 'Immah
5 . Beard
6 . Mustache
7 . Long Dress
8 . Khimaar ( Face Veil )

Israelite
1 . White Linen Robe
2 . Yarmulke ( Yamaka , Kupa )
3 . Shawl ( With Tassels )
4 . Moter ( Turban )
5 . Beard
6 . Mustache
7 . Long Dress
8 . Khimaar ( Face Veil )
Both Are Muslims By What Al Qur'aan Says ;

It Represents Purity And Cleanliness . It Identifies A Person's Lifestyle And Protects Him / Her By Making It A Little More Difficult To Blend With The Gentile .

One Day While We Were Sitting With The Apostle Of Allah ( PBUH ) There Appeared Before Us A Man Whose Clothes Were Exceedingly ( White ) And Whose Hair Was Exceedingly ( Black )
YuhannaEl

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:13 pm
@YuhannaEl,
No Signs Of Journeying Were To Be Seen On Him And None Of Us Knew Him . He Walked Up And Sat Down By The Prophet ( PBUH ) . Resting His Knee Against His And Placing The Palms Of His Hands On His Thighs , He Said ; '' O Muhammad , Tell Me About Islaam . The Apostle Of Allah ( PBUH ) Said ; '' Islaam Is To Testify That There Is No Creator But Allah And Muhammad Is The Apostle Of Allah ( PBUH ) , To Perform The Prayers To Pay Zakat . To Fast In Ramadaan , And To Make The Pilgrimage To The House If You Were Able To Do So .

He Said ; '' You Have Spoke Rightly '' . And We Were Amazed At Him Asking Him And Saying That He Had Spoken Rightly . He Said ; '' Then Tell Me About Iman , He Said ; It Is To Believe In Allah , His Angels , His Books , His Apostle , And The Last Day , And To Believe In Divine Destiny , Both The Good And The Evil Thereof . He Said ; '' You Have Spoken Rightly . '' He Said ; Then Tell Me About Ihsan . '' He Said ; It Is To Worship Allah As Though You Are Seeing Him , And While You See Him Not Yet Truly He Sees You . '' He Said ; '' Then Tell Me About The Hour . He Said '' The One Questioned About It Knows Not Better Than The Questioner . '' He Said ; Then Tell Me About Its Signs . He Said ; '' That The Slave - Girl Will Give Birth To Her Mistress And That You Will See The Bare Footed , Naked , Destitute Herdsmen Competing In Construction Lofty Building . Then He Took Himself Of And I Stayed For A Time . Then He Said ; O 'Umar , Do You Know Who The Questioner Was ? I said ; '' Allah And His Apostle Knows Best He Said ; It Was Gabriel , Who Came To You To Teach You Religion . ( Reported By ; Umar

The Angelic Being Jibraa'iyl ( Gabriel ) , ( SRA ) This Is The Bottom Line . What Better Examples Do You Need Than The Seal Of The Prophets , Muhammad ( PBUH ) And The Angelic Being Jibraa'iyl ( Gabriel ) , ( SRA )

Al Qur'aan ; 33 ; 21 And I Quote ; And Surely The Best And Most Excellent Example For All Of You Was Found In The Apostle Of Allah ( Muhammad ) ; For Them Whose Hopes Are In Allah And The Last Day And Remnember Allah Much . ( 21 )

You'D Better Walk The Straight Path Of Truth And Not The Meandering Road Of Error !
Al Qur'aan 61 ; 14 , And I Quote ; '' O You Who Are Faithful ! Be Aiders In Allah's Way . As Jesus Son Of Mary Said To His Disciples , Those Dressed In White Robes , He Asked ; Who Among You Are My Aiders Towards Allah'a Way ? His Disciples Which Were Dressed In White Robes Said ; We Are Allah's Aiders . And Some Of The Party Of Israel Was Faithful And Another Party Of Israel Were Ones Who Concealed What They Knew To Be The Truth And We Assisted Those Who Had Faith And Gave Them Strength Against Their Enemies , And They Were Soon Victorious And Came To The Forefront . ( 14 )

The Turban Is Always Wtapped Right Over Left , Ears Out .
When Draped The Hanging End Of The Shawl Must Hang Past The Waist ; The Other End Hangs Down The Back .

The Seal of the Prophet of Allah Most Glorified And Exalted , Muhammad ( PBUH ) Wore A Jallaabiyya or Jubba a long White Garment worn from the Neck down to the Ankles . It is designed with a Neck and two large inner Pockets , One on either side , And is distinguished from all other Islaamic attire of its nature for men , by a small Slit Pocket on the right side . The Slit Pocket is used to carry a Copy Of The Raatib A Small Religious Writing Authored By The Mahdi ( As ) and read by all Ansaars .

This Is What The Righteous Women Wore .
The Muslim Woman should be Covered At All Time so that she will not be Seen By Men Of No Relation To Her , Whether In The Masjid , Or other Public Places or in her own home . Al Qur'aan Specifies what male relatives she may appear before unveild . ( Refer to Al Qur'aan 24 ; 31 ) . The dress of the Muslims Woman Is A Loose - Fitting Garment Called A Thawb . The Dress Hangs Down To The Ankles And The Sleeves Extend To The Wrist . The Neckline Is High .

Now If We Takes A Good LQQk At The The Qur'aan Quote 24 ; 31 , We Find That There Is A Particular Style Of Clothing Being Discussed . It Says ... Also They Are To Wear A Face Veil That Covers Their Face And Hit Belower Their Bosom .

This Means That Floor Length Material Covers The Properly Dressed Muslim Woman Like A Tent . Draped From Behind , The Front Part Comes From Behind Her Head To The Front Where The Remainder Of The Fabric Falls Down The Front Part Of Her Body Like A Tent .

This Means That Floor Length Material Covers The Properly Dressed Muslim Woman Like A Tent , Draped From Behind , The Front Part Comes From Behind Her Head To The Front Where The Remainder Of The Fabric Falls Down The Front Part Of Her Body Like A Tent .

The Muslim Woman Guards Her Adornments And Distinguishes Herself From Other Women . Her Clothing , Shoes And The Way She Carries Herself Should Always Be Neat And Clean And Refined .

When Women Perform Worship In The Company Of Other Women Privately , It Is Not Necessary To Wear The Face Viel . It Is However , Incumbent Upon Them To Wear It When In A Mixed Congregation ; That Is When Men Are Present .

Additionally When , On Hajj ( Pilgrimage To Mecca ) , The Pilgrims Perform A Salaat Called Nafl A Voluntary Salaat Of Two Rak'ats .

Women Don't Wear The Face Veil During Hajj , But When Performing Nafl Worship , They Must Wear It And Upon Completing The Two Rak'ats , They Remove The Face Veil For The Remainder Of The Hajj Ceremonies .

The Proper Headcovering ~ For Women In Salaat Must ;
1. Cover All Of The Hair , The Arms Down To The Wrist And Must Cover The Bosom .
2 . Cover The Rest Of Her Body Form .
3 . Be A Covering Which Does Not Interfere With The Performance Of Any Of The Positions Of Salaat .
0 Replies