Has anyone noticed ABUZZ is operating again?

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 07:27 am
I agree Phoenix and feel the same way.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:48 am
Am I right in thinking that a large proportion of early a2k'ers were abuzzards?

I was. I was also frustrated with impersonation, slander and low-quality threads.

I think the best of abuzz is here - perhaps not such a wide circle - but we all "care" here, which was something that became rarer and rarer on abuzz.

I'm happy that abuzz led me to this community, but I don't intend to go back.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:53 am
I only pop in when someone here brings it up, and I still don't like what I see.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 11:26 am
I still miss some people who for various reasons appear at abuzz and not here. I loved abuzz at one time and wish it well. I did try to keep up there for a while, but grew ever more sour about negotiating the long loading time for my computer to move to threads I might be interested in, the ever more present aspects that we've all complained about, and the complaints I would run across, when I did get to a thread I liked, such as the art threads, about a2k. So I too took my abuzz icon off my desktop. I still wish abuzz well as a site, that it would improve, but I am happy here both for the community of avid discussers/longtime online friends and all the new interesting people coming here and reinvigorating the boards. If it ever becomes less unwieldy for my computer I may go back more often, but I'se home here.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 09:49 pm
Abuzz DOWN tonight... following exposé of Prag
Prag made his usual unsubstantiated claim of being a Military Pilot (in addition to being an MD, Stock Trader, Investment Consultant, etc.)
Sarcasmic came on and asked him a simple question about helicopters which Prag could not answer.
Prag was taken down a notch... and Abuzz subsequently went off-line.

Co-inkydink?

I don't think so.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 09:52 pm
A new twist in the old torque, eh?
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:39 pm
Same old, same old, Ed
Catch the liar, get denials.
Prove the lie... get saboteurs.

"torching liberals" recently took exception to Sarc's claim that Bank Robberies were on the rise, and demanded corroboration. ("Gimme a LINK!!!")
Sarc complied.

Torch was miffed, and basically demanded (demented) a Comprehensive Treatise on Criminological Trends, with Tables of Statistics, cross-indexed with Daily Updates.

There really is no appeasing a fanatic... as the Brits learned 60-odd years ago!
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:43 am
The old girl is back up again but unresponsive
I can open the Home page, and access the new inter-actions page... but clicking any thread/topic yields only the error message "page not available".
I have made hard copies of the threads and posts that expose the liar, though, should they be conveniently deleted from the Abuzz archives.

Being skeptical by nature and a bit of a cynic myself, and knowing the general distaste many people have for conspiracy theories, I hesitate to assert that there is a pattern here, but...
There IS a pattern here.

Propaganda and disinformation campaigns are NOT merely paranoiac fantasy.

If exposure of the subterfuge threatens the perps so much that they will go to such lengths to protect their cover, well... I think it imperative to get to the bottom of this and identify the source of the problems.
The prospect that the subterfuge may be funded with taxpayer money should alarm us .

"First they came for the jews... "
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:03 am
I've been getting more emails from the place since I disabled my membership. I'm just not interested any more. A2K kills it in every way.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 12:40 am
Received an iteraction the day before yesterday. Someone asking how lead can be made into gold!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:33 am
Lots of interactions coming in - and some moderation activity, I hear...
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:45 pm
I'll be checking it out! I missed the both of you!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:53 pm
After coming to A2K is still checked out Abuzz, maybe once a week or so.

Here in Sandland our ISP is the company I work for. About a month ago they added Abuzz to the list of blocked websites, so except for when I'm home on vacation, I'm no longer able to visit Abuzz.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they don't block A2K.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 11:02 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lots of interactions coming in - and some moderation activity, I hear...

I don't care. The site's a dog. They can have it.
0 Replies