Has anyone noticed ABUZZ is operating again?

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:47 am
Has anyone noticed ABUZZ is operating again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,286 • Replies: 33
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:50 am
(not being flippant, Bumble; to quote Chicago):

Does anybody really care?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:50 am
I still go there sometimes, but it is too painfully slow for my dial up. I usually get frustrated and leave without doing anything there.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 10:03 am
I post there daily. It still has problems -- human and technical -- but there's still plenty of interesting discussion to be had at Abuzz.

This site is better -- and I would have bet big money I never would feel that way.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 10:05 am
Awhatt?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 10:36 am
The reason that I left Abuzz was because of the imposters, and the nasties who permeated the site. I checked when I found that Abuzz was sending out E Mails, and I started to get some from an old thread. That thread, which was like a homecoming, was wonderful, but the rest of it was same old, same old!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 10:54 am
Same here Phoenix and the loading time is just too much for me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:20 pm
Once upon a time.....

Today Abuzz is a playground for nasties. My skin is too thin to enjoy participating there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:50 pm
Abuzz is faster, generally, than of yore. Email updates are back! Invites are back. Old friends are finding each other again - drawn by the updates.

Randy hints, vaguely as ever, of things "in the wind".

I am having some fun there. Email updates hold it together.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 02:02 pm
I've noticed that it's a lot faster this week than it was less than a month ago. There seem to be changes each weekend. Interesting.
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 03:52 pm
Never noticed that it wasn't!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 04:15 pm
Me neither, Eve.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 05:06 pm
Take a look at the Top Interaction in Abuzz

http://www.abuzz.com/abuzz/top_interactions

I rest my case!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 11:30 pm
Phoenix, touche!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:21 am
I visited this aM. I scrolled through 3 pages of new interactions, almost every one was some poor demented souls ramblings about another poor demented souls sexual leanings.
Its just a haven for fools with too much time.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:41 am
I have, but have attempted to ignore it. Gotten too used to the facilities here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 08:27 am
farmerman said
Quote:
Its just a haven for fools with too much time.

I'll pass on your kind words.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 11:08 am
Eh beth-pleaseDo. I used to visit abuzz every once ana while for a good shout fest over politics. However, havent you noticed that its so weird over there that you gotta wonder what little bats occupy some peoples heads.
I hope your "ill pass it on" wasnt some kind of Be true to your school thing. I used to force myself in, despite the weirdos, to join in some art talks with members who, for some reason, have decided not to migrate to a2k. Even these art talks are no more so theres not many good reasons to wander over there unless I wish to attend lectures by self proclaimed pundits.
I dont have the time or inclination to wade through the cesspipe to get to the occasional good thread.
Like todays visit. I counted more than 15 flame threads (no doubt by the one called zinger) who had adopted other peoples handles to announce that "I (adopted name)am a faggot" Thats what passes for enlightenment? naaah . Most of the sane ones are here at a2k, and those of us that do visit abuzz, do it with the same morbid fascination as watching a destruction derby or NASCAR.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 10:45 pm
And some of us not so sane ones as well.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 06:58 am
Quote:
. Most of the sane ones are here at a2k, and those of us that do visit abuzz, do it with the same morbid fascination as watching a destruction derby or NASCAR.

Exactly. When I first left Abuzz, it was a difficult parting, like taking off a tight bandage, slowly. I felt almost ceremonious when I finally removed the link to Abuzz from my desktop.

Now when I want to get in, I do it the long way. I feel almost like I am peeking over fences. I don't feel a part of that wreck of a place.

I was happy when I got Randy's post in my E Mail. I thought that good things might be happening. I think that others did too, because of the response to that thread.

I have a sneaking suspicion. If Abuzz is going to morph into another type of site, maybe Randy wanted to test the waters, and see if there was still any loyalty from the old cadre of members. All the old timers jumped on board, and Randy was able to see that there still was interest in the site.

Since that post, nothing has changed. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel used.
0 Replies