Only atheists deny miracles

mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 01:24 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66194 wrote:
I'll bet you'd be shaking in your boots if people told you that the Flying Spaghetti Monster condemned you to hell. :eek:
.. i'd be about as scared of the flying spaghetti monster as i am of your god. we know what we are taught.. and what we are taught was deemed acceptable by a few that felt they possessed the right to condition the people to their whims. being unable to see the other side of an argument.. doesnt make you right.

are u aware.. that before the time of your jesus.. before the birth of christianity.. many pagan religions shared characteristics with jesus?.. for example.. many ancient gods were also born of a virgin.. performed miracles.. similiar to those of jesus.. died and rose again the third day. how can anyone with any common sense not see that borrowing statistics from a religion that is considered "satanic" by present christians.. and creating this "one true religion" supreme to all others.. past and present.. is hardly better than when a fifth grader writes a book report using his older brother's report as an outline.

backing up your claims with bible verses that have already been challenged as "truth" does not convince us any more that you are indeed correct. and threats of hell and judgement do not make me any more fearful of your god. i will hope that u will have the frame of mind to prepare yourself for serious disappointment should the time come that you meet your judgment day.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:51 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66204 wrote:
.. i'd be about as scared of the flying spaghetti monster as i am of your god. we know what we are taught.. and what we are taught was deemed acceptable by a few that felt they possessed the right to condition the people to their whims. being unable to see the other side of an argument.. doesnt make you right.

are u aware.. that before the time of your jesus.. before the birth of christianity.. many pagan religions shared characteristics with jesus?.. for example.. many ancient gods were also born of a virgin.. performed miracles.. similiar to those of jesus.. died and rose again the third day. how can anyone with any common sense not see that borrowing statistics from a religion that is considered "satanic" by present christians.. and creating this "one true religion" supreme to all others.. past and present.. is hardly better than when a fifth grader writes a book report using his older brother's report as an outline.

backing up your claims with bible verses that have already been challenged as "truth" does not convince us any more that you are indeed correct. and threats of hell and judgement do not make me any more fearful of your god. i will hope that u will have the frame of mind to prepare yourself for serious disappointment should the time come that you meet your judgment day.

So why do you come here to debate the existence of "our" God? :eek: Do you debate the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :rollinglaugh: Or do you know that God exists and the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't? Wink Or are you so confused that you can't even see your own contradictions? It's obviously the latter. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:36 am
@Carico,
Still waiting for your explanation carico...

Wink
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:38 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66280 wrote:
Still waiting for your explanation carico...

Wink

It will agree with the bible. So read the bible. Otherwise, again, you'll live in a total wasteland of ignorance about why God does anything. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:45 am
@Carico,
Carico;66284 wrote:
It will agree with the bible. So read the bible. Otherwise, again, you'll live in a total wasteland of ignorance about why God does anything. Wink

The bible doesn't have much to say on the people of Palestine considering it didn't exist until after the bible was written.

So address my points or admit defeat. Your choice.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:36 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66290 wrote:
The bible doesn't have much to say on the people of Palestine considering it didn't exist until after the bible was written.

So address my points or admit defeat. Your choice.

Sorry but Palestine came from the Philistines. Even the Muslims and Arabs don't deny that. So you can get their history from the bible as well.Wink But again, if you're still too anti-Semitic to research the history of the Jews, then you can start with the history of Babylon, Assyria and the Muslims (sons of Ismael) and slowly work your way towards Israel. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@Carico,
Carico;66325 wrote:
Sorry but Palestine came from the Philistines. Even the Muslims and Arabs don't deny that. So you can get their history from the bible as well.Wink But again, if you're still too anti-Semitic to research the history of the Jews, then you can start with the history of Babylon, Assyria and the Muslims (sons of Ismael) and slowly work your way towards Israel. Wink

The bible is not a history book nor am I anti-semitic (or anti-jew).

The issue is that since the jews left canaan, another group of people the palestinian arabs have been living for thousands of years there and have a long history there. It is the land of their ancestors and who are you to say that the jews have the right to kick them out of their homes and persecute them? There is no justification for such an act.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:48 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66333 wrote:
The bible is not a history book nor am I anti-semitic (or anti-jew).

The issue is that since the jews left canaan, another group of people the palestinian arabs have been living for thousands of years there and have a long history there. It is the land of their ancestors and who are you to say that the jews have the right to kick them out of their homes and persecute them? There is no justification for such an act.

Sorry, but the Jews say the bible is an account of their history. So calling Jews liars with zero proof for your claims is not only anti-Semitic, it's slander. :frown:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:56 am
@Carico,
Carico;66336 wrote:
Sorry, but the Jews say the bible is an account of their history.

No they don't. Jew don't even accept the new testament as canon. How many Jews do you personally know? As you don't seem to know jack-**** about them.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:32 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66343 wrote:
No they don't. Jew don't even accept the new testament as canon. How many Jews do you personally know? As you don't seem to know jack-**** about them.

The OT is a history of the Jews, period. So since you claim that you never lie, then I trust that you will not claim that the Jews are lying about their OT history either. Wink

But the NT was also written by Jews. And no Jews would make up a messiah that the Jews would reject. :eek: So the NT couldn't have been a fairy tale. ;)But God said that He would blind the eyes of the Jews to Jesus as the messiah until they're returned to Israel to await their redemption. So most Jews will reject Jesus as the messiah. Smile
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:38 am
@Carico,
Carico;66369 wrote:
The OT is a history of the Jews, period.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

I want evidence. So far you've given me none.

Quote:
then I trust that you will not claim that the Jews are lying about their OT history either.

Is that not the exact thing you believe about every other group of people who write about their gods?

Why should I trust one over the other?
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:05 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66373 wrote:
Saying it doesn't make it true.

I want evidence. So far you've given me none.

Is that not the exact thing you believe about every other group of people who write about their gods?

Why should I trust one over the other?

Sorry, but there are no history books explaining how zeus or appollo created the world. :rollinglaugh: and with good reason. Wink Pagans admit that their gods are animals and people which is why the statues of their "gods" are wooden, stone, bronze, or gold animals and people, made by the hands of humans. Wink So they carry their "gods" in their hands. :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: That's why we don't hear any wise words from wood or stone. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:41 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66398 wrote:
Sorry, but there are no history books explaining how zeus or appollo created the world. :rollinglaugh: and with good reason. Wink Pagans admit that their gods are animals and people which is why the statues of their "gods" are wooden, stone, bronze, or gold animals and people, made by the hands of humans. Wink So they carry their "gods" in their hands. :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: That's why we don't hear any wise words from wood or stone. Wink

http://mikesplace.freeserverhost.com/Gallimaufry/VirginMaryGrilledCheese/Jesus%20Christ%20Toast%20+%20Virgin%20Mary%20Grilled%20Cheese%20photo.jpg

This pretty much speaks for itself.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:47 am
@Carico,
Carico;66398 wrote:

there are other 'gods' with histories similar to your 'jesus'.. is this not odd.. considering these other 'gods' were being worshipped prior to 'jesus'?

for someone other than CARICO... what would be the reasoning behind taking bits and pieces from the history of pagan gods.. and twist them for the benefit of "judaism" and "christianity"

it is my opinion that much like these other 'gods', the god of the jews was created to be partial to the jews.. much like many national gods were partial to the nation that worshipped them? or so they liked to believe.. such as in times of war.
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:44 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66687 wrote:
there are other 'gods' with histories similar to your 'jesus'.. is this not odd.. considering these other 'gods' were being worshipped prior to 'jesus'?

for someone other than CARICO... what would be the reasoning behind taking bits and pieces from the history of pagan gods.. and twist them for the benefit of "judaism" and "christianity"

it is my opinion that much like these other 'gods', the god of the jews was created to be partial to the jews.. much like many national gods were partial to the nation that worshipped them? or so they liked to believe.. such as in times of war.

Sorry but statues made of wood and stone cannot speak, nor do they have life in them. Laughing So they didn't tell us how they created the world since they're the product of human hands.

Psalms 115:5, "They have mouths but cannot speak, eyes but they cannot see, ears but they cannot hear, noses but they cannot smell, they have hands but cannot feel, feet but they cannot walk, nor can they utter a sound from their throats. Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them."

So you need to differentiate between live things and dead things to know what a god is or isn't. Laughing The "gods" of history are nothing but statues of people or animals. that's who they think that gods are. :rollinglaugh:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 07:47 am
@Carico,
Carico;66702 wrote:
Sorry but statues made of wood and stone cannot speak, nor do they have life in them. Laughing So they didn't tell us how they created the world since they're the product of human hands.

http://www.delhiroad.com/home/images/christbrazil.jpg

http://66.199.135.31/s/mzig/products/SJ-5-1.400x400.jpg

http://www.tropicalisland.de/italy/rome/castel_sant_angelo/images/FCO%20Rome%20-%20Castel%20Sant%20Angelo%20Angel%20statue%20on%20roof%203008x2000.jpg

So you were saying?
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 07:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Just what I said. Catholics are idolaters and thus not Christians. They worship Mary and their churches are littered with statues. They've even omitted the second commandment not to carve anything above or below heaven! So as Jesus tells us, we recognize wolves in sheep's clothing by their fruits. Smile

But since you don't know the bible, you, like little children thought you were pulling the wool over my eyes. Laughing But since I do know the bible, I',m always at least one step ahead of ya. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:08 am
@Carico,
Carico;66711 wrote:
Just what I said. Catholics are idolaters and thus not Christians. They worship Mary and their churches are littered with statues. They've even omitted the second commandment not to carve anything above or below heaven! So as Jesus tells us, we recognize wolves in sheep's clothing by their fruits. Smile

But since you don't know the bible, you, like little children thought you were pulling the wool over my eyes. Laughing But since I do know the bible, I',m always at least one step ahead of ya. Wink

Oh, so Catholics aren't christians now either?

I think this should go in the "why christians tear down other christians" thread.

Anybody who doesn't share your limited and narrow-minded views must be going to hell. If there is a reason why atheism is growing so rapidly it's because of people like you!

So perhaps I owe you a thanks!Smile
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 11:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66720 wrote:
Oh, so Catholics aren't christians now either?

I think this should go in the "why christians tear down other christians" thread.

Anybody who doesn't share your limited and narrow-minded views must be going to hell. If there is a reason why atheism is growing so rapidly it's because of people like you!

So perhaps I owe you a thanks!Smile

The bible tells us to watch out for false teachers and also tells us how to spot them. Again, all you have to do is read the bible to see that the Catholics don't follow the bible. But if you did that, would be speaking from knowledge of what the bible says, not ignorance and that would be out of character for you. Wink

So sorry, humans aren't the infallible loving gods that atheists want them to be. We're all sinners, especially those who are afraid to admit it. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 02:54 am
@Carico,
Carico;66751 wrote:
The bible tells us to watch out for false teachers and also tells us how to spot them. Again, all you have to do is read the bible to see that the Catholics don't follow the bible. But if you did that, would be speaking from knowledge of what the bible says, not ignorance and that would be out of character for you. Wink

So sorry, humans aren't the infallible loving gods that atheists want them to be. We're all sinners, especially those who are afraid to admit it. Wink

The original church was catholic.

So basically you're saying Christianity didn't exist until the 16th century?
0 Replies