Grouch

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 02:19 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;65906 wrote:
Well then what the hell is your point? They picked the day that the sun is farthest from the equator so freaking what? Does this have some pagan significance or something?

Yes. But it means nothing to Christian Dogma.
Ares cv

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 02:37 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65908 wrote:
Yes. But it means nothing to Christian Dogma.

Its just a celebration??? People like to celebrate things, hell if holidays didn't exist we would all be clinically depressed. We need times throughout the year where we can take off work and spend time with family, our holidays are one of the few things that we have left which unify us as a nation. What day would you put it on? We don't know what day Christ was born so we just picked one. You're making an argument where there is none :ban:
0 Replies

Grouch

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 02:42 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
From my post at the bottom of page 2

There isn't a Historian out there who doesn't acknowledge that that date was chosen (hundreds of years after the death of Jesus) to make it easier to convert masses. Have the same or similar celebration just devote it to a different idol.
Ares cv

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 02:47 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65912 wrote:

There isn't a Historian out there who doesn't acknowledge that that date was chosen (hundreds of years after the death of Jesus) to make it easier to convert masses. Have the same or similar celebration just devote it to a different idol.

Exactly.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 01:15 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65912 wrote:

I would agree with this.
0 Replies