Man-made "End of Days"

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:38 pm
Fundementalism means taking a religious book literally. Which is what many Christians and their counterparts in the Islamic world do.

Such a literal interpretation would be quaint if it was not downright dangerous given how this reckless belief in prophecies by nuts on both sides make some of the more violent -end of days - prophecies almost self-fulfilling. The support for the creation of Israel in '49 for example, came from Christians who where ardent believers in christian eschatology (a sexy word meaning "end-of-days nonsense).

We innocent bystanders need to be cognisant of this crap. Why crap? Take Hitler for example. Just because his beliefs were violently forced through for a while due to his taking proactive steps to "make them happen" didn't mean they were correct, true or fated.

There is a message in the above para for all those good people helping the prophecies to come to pass by encouraging Israel's misdemenours.

Grow up and be responsible citizens of this remarkable planet. There is no biblical end-of-days on the agenda. Only a possible man-made one if we do not wake up, embrace education and eschew blind belief.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,458 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 11:58 am
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43751 wrote:
Fundementalism means taking a religious book literally. Which is what many Christians and their counterparts in the Islamic world do.

Such a literal interpretation would be quaint if it was not downright dangerous given how this reckless belief in prophecies by nuts on both sides make some of the more violent -end of days - prophecies almost self-fulfilling. The support for the creation of Israel in '49 for example, came from Christians who where ardent believers in christian eschatology (a sexy word meaning "end-of-days nonsense).

We innocent bystanders need to be cognisant of this crap. Why crap? Take Hitler for example. Just because his beliefs were violently forced through for a while due to his taking proactive steps to "make them happen" didn't mean they were correct, true or fated.

There is a message in the above para for all those good people helping the prophecies to come to pass by encouraging Israel's misdemenours.

Grow up and be responsible citizens of this remarkable planet. There is no biblical end-of-days on the agenda. Only a possible man-made one if we do not wake up, embrace education and eschew blind belief.

There are way to many details in the Bible to believe that all these prophecies are happening just by chance, only a non believe could look so hard the other way and ignore the obvious. And many of the prophecies have come about because of isolated events put in motion by non believers.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:11 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44272 wrote:
There are way to many details in the Bible to believe that all these prophecies are happening just by chance, only a non believe could look so hard the other way and ignore the obvious. And many of the prophecies have come about because of isolated events put in motion by non believers.

the problem with this is, many of the prophecies did not come true, and the ones that did come true were vague, ambigous or self full-filling!
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:47 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44281 wrote:
the problem with this is, many of the prophecies did not come true, and the ones that did come true were vague, ambigous or self full-filling!

You really need to read your Bible. The prophecies speaking of the Jews returning to Israel are not vague at all. The Bible has clearly stated, the Jews would occupy Southern Israel first, which they did in 1948. And second, they would take Jerusalem which they did in 1967. And of course all the prophecies have not come to pass. Yet this is not to say they did not come true. The prophecies have not come to pass, because the time is still to come. The Bible clearly tells us that world attention would be focused on the control of Jerusalem. If you had told someone seventy years ago that someday Jerusalem would be the focus of world attention, they would of laught in your face. No one is laughting anymore. The Bible was right on the money, and Christian ministers even in the 1800s are on record telling all who would listen, that Christ would not return to this earth until the Jews first return to the land of Israel. And they also stated that Jerusalem would be surrounded by armies ready to attack her. The prophecies were not vague to the Christians back then, and those prophecies are not vague to informed Christians today.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:14 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44284 wrote:
You really need to read your Bible. The prophecies speaking of the Jews returning to Israel are not vague at all. The Bible has clearly stated, the Jews would occupy Southern Israel first, which they did in 1948. And second, they would take Jerusalem which they did in 1967. And of course all the prophecies have not come to pass. Yet this is not to say they did not come true. The prophecies have not come to pass, because the time is still to come. The Bible clearly tells us that world attention would be focused on the control of Jerusalem. If you had told someone seventy years ago that someday Jerusalem would be the focus of world attention, they would of laught in your face. No one is laughting anymore. The Bible was right on the money, and Christian ministers even in the 1800s are on record telling all who would listen, that Christ would not return to this earth until the Jews first return to the land of Israel. And they also stated that Jerusalem would be surrounded by armies ready to attack her. The prophecies were not vague to the Christians back then, and those prophecies are not vague to informed Christians today.

There are two problems with the Jewish control of jerusalum prophecy:

1. it does not state WHEN
2. It is a self fullfilling prophecy

and i don't think it would be outrageous to say that jeruselum would be the center of the world focus considering the fact that is a very important city for 3 major world religions so it seems like an obvious place to start!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
also the jewish control of israel is only one of the prophecies, what of the other 205 unfullfilled prophecies?

and i'm not talking about propchies that are still waiting to be fullfilled these are prophecies that failed to be fullfilled and have no chance of ever being fullfilled!
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44290 wrote:
There are two problems with the Jewish control of jerusalum prophecy:

1. it does not state WHEN
2. It is a self fullfilling prophecy

and i don't think it would be outrageous to say that jeruselum would be the center of the world focus considering the fact that is a very important city for 3 major world religions so it seems like an obvious place to start!

This prophecy could only happen when the Jews first took southern Israel after returning from a world exile, and taking Jerusalem second. Also the nations of the East would have to be able to raise up a 200 million man army which would be used to enter the Middle East. Jerusalem in the 1800 was nothing. Maybe 1,000 people lived there. Jerusalem was not important at all.
One could say every prophecy is self fulfilling. Yet the fact is no one could ever of predicted that a man like Hilter would murder six million Jews in Europe which would accelarate the Jews return to Israel.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 03:06 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44313 wrote:
This prophecy could only happen when the Jews first took southern Israel after returning from a world exile, and taking Jerusalem second.

Of course, becuase because taking a country while in exile is quite difficault!

Also the nations of the East would have to be able to raise up a 200 million man army which would be used to enter the Middle East.

they are already in the MiddleEast...

Jerusalem in the 1800 was nothing. Maybe 1,000 people lived there. Jerusalem was not important at all.

Population has nothing to do with importance, it is the history of jeruselum that makes it important, the birthplace of all abrahamic faiths!

One could say every prophecy is self fulfilling.

i prophecize that it will rain on election day, <-- tell me how this can be self fullfilling!

Yet the fact is no one could ever of predicted that a man like Hilter would murder six million Jews in Europe which would accelarate the Jews return to Israel.

I don't believe anyone did predict the holocaust... so what does this have to do with anything?

My responses are marked in red above ^
Campbell34

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 11:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44339 wrote:
My responses are marked in red above ^

According to the Bible, the Jews would return to Israel after a world wide exile. Once this happend, the prophecy clock would began to tick. The Bible states that their return would create anger among the nations. And the Bible points out this is why God allowed them to return in the first place. There actually may be some prophecies in the Psalms that speak of the holocaust, yet I am not going to dwell on that right now. I was speaking of the Jews returning to Israel, and I mentioned the holocaust because those who stated that the Jews would return someday, did not know why they would return. The holocaust was the instrument that helped to fulfill the prophecy. It was John of Revelation who saw the largest army ever assembled, and they numbered 200 million. Now when John wrote this, there may not of been 200 million people on the entire earth, let alone an army of that size. And when this army enters the middle east, they will be an assembled army, not just the general population. As a side note to this, Chairman Mao boasted in the 1960's that his country alone could raise up an army of 200 million. Not sure if he was an active reader of the Bible, but he used the same number given in the Scriptures. The prophecies that speak of Jerusalem being fought over at the end of days were written before Jerusalem was the (center of the worlds religions). Now today we see Jerusalem as important, but when the prophecies were written, that arguement was not valid. Now if there are prophecies that have not been fulfilled, I have no doubt the Bible itself would mention them. If you have such a prophecies feel free to show me some. But please don't list all 205, pick out a few of your best.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 03:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44291 wrote:
also the jewish control of israel is only one of the prophecies, what of the other 205 unfullfilled prophecies?

and i'm not talking about propchies that are still waiting to be fullfilled these are prophecies that failed to be fullfilled and have no chance of ever being fullfilled!

Give me a couple of them. The Bible usually points out if a prophecy is false so I would be interested in seeing them.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:40 am
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43751 wrote:

Not necessarily. As a Catholic, I don't interpret the Bible literally, but I do believe the world as we know it is coming to an end. I liken the decline of the Christian West to the fall of Rome. We are definitely caught up in a flaming nose-dive toward death, as a civilized, God-fearing, prosperous nation. We've forgotten our roots, lost our way, and made ourselves susceptible to the conquest of foreigners and home-grown tyrants. WE ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE.:AR15firing:
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 02:48 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44398 wrote:
Not necessarily. As a Catholic, I don't interpret the Bible literally, but I do believe the world as we know it is coming to an end. I liken the decline of the Christian West to the fall of Rome. We are definitely caught up in a flaming nose-dive toward death, as a civilized, God-fearing, prosperous nation. We've forgotten our roots, lost our way, and made ourselves susceptible to the conquest of foreigners and home-grown tyrants. WE ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE.:AR15firing:

No coincidence that Rome fell shortly after Christianity took over.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 03:05 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44382 wrote:
According to the Bible, the Jews would return to Israel after a world wide exile. Once this happend, the prophecy clock would began to tick. The Bible states that their return would create anger among the nations. And the Bible points out this is why God allowed them to return in the first place. There actually may be some prophecies in the Psalms that speak of the holocaust, yet I am not going to dwell on that right now. I was speaking of the Jews returning to Israel, and I mentioned the holocaust because those who stated that the Jews would return someday, did not know why they would return. The holocaust was the instrument that helped to fulfill the prophecy. It was John of Revelation who saw the largest army ever assembled, and they numbered 200 million. Now when John wrote this, there may not of been 200 million people on the entire earth, let alone an army of that size. And when this army enters the middle east, they will be an assembled army, not just the general population. As a side note to this, Chairman Mao boasted in the 1960's that his country alone could raise up an army of 200 million. Not sure if he was an active reader of the Bible, but he used the same number given in the Scriptures. The prophecies that speak of Jerusalem being fought over at the end of days were written before Jerusalem was the (center of the worlds religions). Now today we see Jerusalem as important, but when the prophecies were written, that arguement was not valid. Now if there are prophecies that have not been fulfilled, I have no doubt the Bible itself would mention them. If you have such a prophecies feel free to show me some. But please don't list all 205, pick out a few of your best.

Did you even read my post? You are just spewing a bunch of bull that is irelevent to what i said, you didn't even bother to respond to anything i said!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 03:06 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44392 wrote:
Give me a couple of them. The Bible usually points out if a prophecy is false so I would be interested in seeing them.

i already gave you some in the other thread any you didn't even bother, so why would i waste my time again?
Adam Bing

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44424 wrote:
i already gave you some in the other thread any you didn't even bother, so why would i waste my time again?

Fatal-Freedom, you need to keep engaging the monotheists. If Mr.Campbell needs those threads, please provide. No excuse should be given to them to claim that we failed to provide proof.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
@Adam Bing,
The Fundies are nutty and dangerous, but they're still my brothers and sisters in Christ. And yes, I agree that Man is on the verge of destroying Planet Earth. It's obvious. Iran is acting like Nazi Germany in the late 1930s, and many in the West are perfectly 'okay' with that sad fact. The prospect of a thermo-nuclear war in the Middle East doesn't phase them in the least. Some even behave as though they'd prefer that to another day with Bush as America's president. Ours is an age of utter, mass insanity. When Hillary and Obama bin Laden take over, all manner of HELL will soon break loose. Get your chit packed and keep it stored someplace you can remember. You're going to need it.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:03 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44514 wrote:
The Fundies are nutty and dangerous, but they're still my brothers and sisters in Christ. And yes, I agree that Man is on the verge of destroying Planet Earth. It's obvious. Iran is acting like Nazi Germany in the late 1930s, and many in the West are perfectly 'okay' with that sad fact. The prospect of a thermo-nuclear war in the Middle East doesn't phase them in the least. Some even behave as though they'd prefer that to another day with Bush as America's president. Ours is an age of utter, mass madness.

i suppose you thought iraq had WMDs as well, right?
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:08 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;44422 wrote:
No coincidence that Rome fell shortly after Christianity took over.

Christianity never converted the entire Empire. It fell in the West before it accomplished that task, but it lived on and thrived for another millennia, in the East, where the Christian Byzantine Empire arose. Meanwhile, the Catholic Church held Western Europe together until the rise of modern Europe.:thumbup:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44518 wrote:
Christianity never converted the entire Empire. It fell in the West before it accomplished that task, but it lived on and thrived for another millennia, in the East, where the Christian Byzantine Empire arose. Meanwhile, the Catholic Church held Western Europe together until the rise of modern Europe.:thumbup:

The Byzantine empire was subject to ransacking and raids, Byzantine empire only flourised for a few short decades and was the origin of the black plague!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:12 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44516 wrote:
i suppose you thought iraq had WMDs as well, right?

Could have. Can you imagine what the world would have said about Bush if he had done nothing, and Saddam popped a nuke on Israel? You haters would really have gone ballistic in that case. Face it -- you have to have someone to focus all your hate and fiery rage upon, right? THE WORLD IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT SADDAM HUSSEIN. Besides, that MF is fornicating like crazy right now, with his 49 virgins, in the company of the 12th Imam and Imam Husayn. :cavt-126-asard: