Mental Illness and The Christian Mind

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:16 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33311 wrote:
Dude, you have it wrong. Allthough I DO like to instigate at times, that is not the reason for my posts. It is to promote discussion, which it does. I thought we buried the hatchet yesterday.

I respect you and others here on this board. I respect your views, opinions and beliefs. I just ask for the same in return.

Why is that a bad thing in your eyes?

I CAN and have carried on civil discussions with those with opposing views and am not out to convert anyone. Please accept my apology if I have offended you in any way.

And I DO mean it.

But if you don't accept that, I can handle witty banter too.

Either way, I look forward to our many future discussions.

NOW, back on topic:

There is quite a parallel between religious beliefs and mental illness. These come in the form of hearing God's audible voice and seeing visions of Jesus that aren't really there. Do all Christians suffer from hallucinations?

I don't believe so.

But when a person DOES experience them, how do they know if it's an illness or the real deal?

I personally don't believe that God appears in the visual or auditory form to anyone. AGAIN, just MY opinion.

What do others think?
Quote:
Dude, you have it wrong.
That is your opinion. You soon will learn mine.
Quote:
Allthough I DO like to instigate at times, that is not the reason for my posts.
My ass.
Quote:
It is to promote discussion, which it does. I thought we buried the hatchet yesterday.
Evidently not, you stll keep equating us to STD's, metally ill? The four threads you started all have one thing in common, what would you say that was?
Quote:
I respect you and others here on this board. I respect your views, opinions and beliefs. I just ask for the same in return.
You respect nothing, if you had the titles of your threads wouldn't read the way they do would they?
Quote:
Why is that a bad thing in your eyes?
I see your real intension.
Quote:
I CAN and have carried on civil discussions with those with opposing views and am not out to convert anyone. Please accept my apology if I have offended you in any way.
I could except it if i believed it. But i don't.
Quote:
NOW, back on topic:
Na, lets talk about your problem with Christians? Were you molested by one as a child?
Quote:
There is quite a parallel between religious beliefs and mental illness. These come in the form of hearing God's audible voice and seeing visions of Jesus that aren't really there. Do all Christians suffer from hallucinations?
Why do you say religion in one sentence and then Christian in the other? Shouldn't all religions see hallucinations and not just Christians, your bias slip is showing. Didn't you say your religion was less the two humdred years old, which one was that again? Or are you a person that doesn't believe in a God but likes to argue with those that do?
Quote:
But when a person DOES experience them, how do they know if it's an illness or the real deal?
The more important question is how do you know, so you may pass judgement on there mental state? Are you qualified to do so?
Quote:
I personally don't believe that God appears in the visual or auditory form to anyone. AGAIN, just MY opinion.
How can you be sure?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33322 wrote:
That is your opinion. You soon will learn mine.

I can't wait.
Quote:
Evidently not, you stll keep equating us to STD's, metally ill?

Just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. Even those that do not agree with you, sorry

Quote:
The four threads you started all have one thing in common, what would you say that was?

My contempt for Christianity
Quote:
You respect nothing, if you had the titles of your threads wouldn't read the way they do would they?

Thats YOUR opinion. See how that all works?

Quote:
I see your real intension.

I don't think so. BTW this is how you spell intenTion
Quote:
I could except it if i believed it. But i don't.

Thats all on you my friend. Not me. I offered up the proverbial olive branch. Whether or not you take it is up to you. BTW that should read ACCEPT.

Quote:
Na, lets talk about your problem with Christians? Were you molested by one as a child?

No. Were YOU?

Quote:
Why do you say religion in one sentence and then Christian in the other? Shouldn't all religions see hallucinations and not just Christians, your bias slip is showing.

Is that against forum guidelines?

Quote:
Didn't you say your religion was less the two humdred years old, which one was that again?

I don't believe that I ever stated that. You must be mistaken. Either that or show me where it was that I said that and I'll admit I'm wrong and answer your inquiry

Quote:
Or are you a person that doesn't believe in a God but likes to argue with those that do?

YES! Now you're catching on. Good job.

Quote:
The more important question is how do you know, so you may pass judgement on there mental state? Are you qualified to do so?

AGAIN, just my opinion. Remember, everyone is entitled to one. Even ones that differ from yours.

Quote:
How can you be sure?

I can't. As I have stated several times now...MY OPINION...pay attention.
tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:29 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33317 wrote:
I'm living in a western suburb of Chicago.

I've been calling folks "dude" since I could remember. To me, being a middle aged fossil, it helps me address people when I can't remember their name. It has become such a habit that I now call EVERYONE dude.

Ok thanks for the info Dude, just kidding! T.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:09 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33324 wrote:
I can't wait.

Just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. Even those that do not agree with you, sorry

Thats all on you my friend. Not me. I offered up the proverbial olive branch. Whether or not you take it is up to you. BTW that should read ACCEPT.

No. Were YOU?

Is that against forum guidelines?

I don't believe that I ever stated that. You must be mistaken. Either that or show me where it was that I said that and I'll admit I'm wrong and answer your inquiry

AGAIN, just my opinion. Remember, everyone is entitled to one. Even ones that differ from yours.

Quote:
Sure thing sunshine.
Quote:
I call it hate. So why Christianity and not all religions, were you molested by us? Where does you contempt derive?
Quote:
Sure do, you know my religion so what is your? If you don't have a name for it, what do you believe in?
Quote:
Really, with a capitol T? And i do think so.
Quote:
You offered nothing but patrinization. I took it for what is was worth, nothing.
Quote:
No. Were YOU?
Then why do you hate us so, people you don't even know but you assume too?
Quote:
So an atheist? Why pretend you have faith then? So you can seem to others that you are on the same playing field and not taking some kind of higher ground, How almighty of you.
Quote:
Seeing as you in the minority it's no wonder you feel odd man out. And hate other faithful people who don't see it your way.
Quote:
Well i guess it's my opinion you don't know what your talking about.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:29 pm
@Drnaline,
LOL! Dude you have issues.

I NEVER claimed to be Athiest, yet you assume. LOL!

I'm just going to ignore you bro.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:14 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I don't care if you claim it, just like i don't have to claim i'm Christian. You will believe what you want and so will I.
I believe you are an atheist. You claim no particular religion? You've made many condradict statements as to your true beliefs if you have any. Add up to one thing in my book. You none believer you.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:52 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I'm finding the hatred hurled by AmericanHater at Christians rather frightening. She's enjoying it emensely by the way. I think perhaps god didn't answer her prayer to be more tolerant and thus she hurls generalities at Christians as if we were one entity. Tisk tisk, the kindness shown to her in thread after thread is neither deserved or expected but yet the wonderful Religious folks on this forum have shown her a level of respect and kindness that she isn't capable of. In short, she's a left wing hypocrite of the highest order.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:25 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Yup, she is a hypocrite for sure, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:27 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FUA,

I might at this time consider mashing your bag. Will let you know for sure very soon. Mag-mashings can get ugly -- bad ugly, I mean MF'n ugly.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:19 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Can you feel the Christian love here?

Some of you epitomize what it is that I despise about Christianity.

Thank you for showing some fine examples.

LOL! Some of you guys are just WAY too easy.

ROFLMAO!!!!!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:26 am
@FedUpAmerican,
I am ashamed of the behavior of my brothers and sisters in christ on this thread.

May God open their hearts to learn love, instead of hate.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:21 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33498 wrote:
I am ashamed of the behavior of my brothers and sisters in christ on this thread.

May God open their hearts to learn love, instead of hate.

Thank you peach. FINALLY, someone that actually has a clue.

You have set a good example of love and tolerance. You have earned my respect. I look forward to our many future discussions.:thx:
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:38 am
@Red cv,
Red;33439 wrote:
I'm finding the hatred hurled by AmericanHater at Christians rather frightening. She's enjoying it emensely by the way. I think perhaps god didn't answer her prayer to be more tolerant and thus she hurls generalities at Christians as if we were one entity. Tisk tisk, the kindness shown to her in thread after thread is neither deserved or expected but yet the wonderful Religious folks on this forum have shown her a level of respect and kindness that she isn't capable of. In short, she's a left wing hypocrite of the highest order.

Red who is "she"?
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:36 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedupAmerican, the chick needs some serious couch time.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL!

Good one. :FU1:

ROFL!!!
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 04:09 am
@Red cv,
Red;33561 wrote:
FedupAmerican, the chick needs some serious couch time.

All this time I ass u me fed up was a man. Sorry fed up.
0 Replies