• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,584 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:52 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33214 wrote:

Well you know FedUp once God told me to pray about getting a job, and I did. As soon as I said the A of Amen the phone rang and I got the job. Another time God told me my wife was going to have a child, four hours later I found my wife sick in the bathroom, and as it turned out, she was pregnant. Oh and that was Jesusdied4u. God really does from time to time speak to His people. And just because it has never happened to you, does not mean that all others must be suffering from schizophrenia. I recall another time I told God how much I loved Him, and I was just about to enter the building where I work, when a balloon blew down the street and stopped in midair and blew through a small space of a chain link gate in front of me. It almost hit me in the face, but I caught it in my hands. On the balloon were the words, "I love you." God is real FedUp.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:05 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Glad to see you got my balloon. Very Happy
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:17 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fed up , you are posting the same kind of ignorant prejudice you accuse the christians of showing .

what's up with that? Attacking a whole group of people because their radical wrong wing is loud and gets all the attention.

thats no better than what the radical christians have done to get Bush in office and support this war.

You are displaying the same phobia's and prejudices as radical christians and muslims. Is that really how you want to present your arguement?

I am a christian, I devoutly try to follow christ and God the father. That means I turn the other cheek and do not make assumptions that entire groups of people are nut cases and insincere , just because a radical wing of the group acts up.:peace:

Lets think logically here together Fed up. what your doing is no better than what the haggards and delays of this world have done.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:41 am
@FedUpAmerican,
The difference being that I never claim the high moral ground that Christians do. I admit that my posts are rather strong and heavilly opinionated but they DO spur discussion which is what these forums are all about.

Politically, I couldn't agree with you more.

On religion however, I do not.

But I do respect your views. If I have offended you, please accept my sincere apology. The post was again meant to promote discussion and debate and is just an opinion.
wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:40 am
@FedUpAmerican,
I am not easily offended Fed up, so don't sweat it.

Just as your post was meant to promote thought and discussion, so was mine to you.

Most people are easily offended, not easy going as me.

Certainly ,most of the pastor said it, so it must be true crowd. get up in arms at the drop of a hat. They get so upset its laughable. we're christians and we're so mad veins are popping out of our head and we're about to explode. .... Give me a break! Fine christian example all that vein popping red faced pouting is!:eek:

The way you are going about this in my opinion will get you no where.

You get more flys with sugar than vinegar that kind of thing.

And .... a big and , got news for you God is real, and he reveals himself to those who really seek him. I can assure you its so.

So insulting a entire group of believers , because some act like radical nuts , and those in my view probablly do not really know what the bible or God has to say about the way they act is .......... Not cool.

In fact its like the way they act towards the muslims, very unchristian like in my opinion to want to kill all muslims or think they all want to kill all of us.

As I said the "pastor said it so it must be true" crowd know not what they do. By condemning them, we do what they do with no intelligent thought involved. I'm a old country gal and it never helps to reform a hog by getting down in the mud and wallering around with them. .... It just gets you dirty too!

I don't know you, but I bet you can do better than that. And hey bud, you just met a woman that can quote scripture and verse to show them the error of their ways.

But get prepared when you speak the truth to people who really have the spirit of the world in them and claim to be following Christ the devil sure does get stirred up and they do then act a little phyco. But I believe in the truth, In fact lies compound in a soul and soon lies is all they know.

For me the truth will set you free. Thus our conversations will continue. At least till I am certain you understand fed up that real christians , real followers of the Lord do not act the way these war monger condemning souls who holler war, and are anti civil rights do.

God did not make the US, or me for that matter policeman or king of the world. he certainly did not make the republican party, nor the likes of most so called christian pastors I know in charge of telling us all how to think and behave.

But hey we will talk more!
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:51 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33262 wrote:
But hey we will talk more!

I would welcome that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:09 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33249 wrote:
The difference being that I never claim the high moral ground that Christians do. I admit that my posts are rather strong and heavilly opinionated but they DO spur discussion which is what these forums are all about.

Politically, I couldn't agree with you more.

On religion however, I do not.

But I do respect your views. If I have offended you, please accept my sincere apology. The post was again meant to promote discussion and debate and is just an opinion.
Looks like there is another one that will be deleted. If your gonna post **** like this your gonna have to be a little more sutle. Your post are not heavely opinionated, they are over the top and if you insist on posting this even after i delete others like it, you will be banned. Unsubstanciated opinion will be deleted. As more then likely this thread will be deleted.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:27 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Drnaline

Well I must have wandered into the wrong forum.

I see nothing that deserves a deletion of this thread in fed up's posts.

I may not agree with the post Fed up made, but are we a country of free speech or not? Because you or I do not agree with the post does not make it okay to take away fed ups right to free speech and delete it. As a matter of fact it proves the point that people will do wrong in trying to prove themselves and their own position right.

When a kid calls your kid a dummy do you teach them to call them a fat retard and put duct tape over their mouth while they beat them into submission? Same thing here, you are trying to silence a point of view you don't agree with instead of offering a arguement intelligently as to why you disagree. You are making threats which never serve a greater purpose.

Am I to take it you are a mod on this forum , and that means that opinions different than yours drnaline get deleted ? If thats the case, this forum ought to rename itself. How about " forum where we welcome those that think just like us"
Fed UP is not personally attacking another forum member

Fed up has stated a opinion.

if this opinion of his is worthy of a deletion because some of us don't agree with it:dunno: ......:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

then I know I wandered into a forum who does not respect the rights of the individual to free speech.

You know that right is given even to those we do not agree with.

Sombody please tell me this is not the case at conflicting veiws!

Or if it is tell me right now , so I can delete my account, and say see ya!
Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33268 wrote:
Drnaline

I may not agree with the post Fed up made, but are we a country of free speech or not? Because you or I do not agree with the post does not make it okay to take away fed ups right to free speech and delete it. As a matter of fact it proves the point that people will do wrong in trying to prove themselves and their own position right.

When a kid calls your kid a dummy do you teach them to call them a fat retard and put duct tape over their mouth while they beat them into submission? Same thing here, you are trying to silence a point of view you don't agree with instead of offering a arguement intelligently as to why you disagree. You are making threats which never serve a greater purpose.

Am I to take it you are a mod on this forum , and that means that opinions different than yours drnaline get deleted ? If thats the case, this forum ought to rename itself. How about " forum where we welcome those that think just like us"

if this opinion of his is worthy of a deletion because some of us don't agree with it:dunno: ......:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

then I know I wandered into a forum who does not respect the rights of the individual to free speech.

Quote:

I didn't ask if you saw anything, i see it.
Quote:
I may not agree with the post Fed up made, but are we a country of free speech or not?
The country is, this business is not.
Quote:
Because you or I do not agree with the post does not make it okay to take away fed ups right to free speech and delete it.
Again i didn't ask. His right to free speech is still intact. What i would be doing is observing my right to alter or delete his post as a moderator of this forum. K It is not subject to your opinion.
Quote:
As a matter of fact it proves the point that people will do wrong in trying to prove themselves and their own position right.
Read the forum rules. I'm not trying to prove anything. It is my opinion that his posts are over the top, period. The ones i feel this way about will be deleted.
Quote:
When a kid calls your kid a dummy do you teach them to call them a fat retard and put duct tape over their mouth while they beat them into submission?
I don't have any kids.
Quote:
Same thing here, you are trying to silence a point of view you don't agree with instead of offering a arguement intelligently as to why you disagree.
I make a judgement call as i see it. If upper management thinks i'm wrong then they can and will reverse my decision. If you feel i'm being unjust, by all means complain.
Quote:
Am I to take it you are a mod on this forum , and that means that opinions different than yours drnaline get deleted ?
Yes i am. And that's your opinion.
Quote:
If thats the case, this forum ought to rename itself. How about " forum where we welcome those that think just like us"
N it will probably stay conflictingviews.
Quote:

Inflamatory opinion, and subject to moderation, sorry.
Quote:
if this opinion of his is worthy of a deletion because some of us don't agree with it ......

And with that this thread is now closed.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:26 am
@FedUpAmerican,
reopened, this forum protomes both pro and anti faith debate.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:29 am
@FedUpAmerican,
May I applaud your defence of freedom of speech silver child.

Way to go!

:thumbup:

When we insist on silencing those we don't agree with, we will soon find that somebody will want to silence us too.

:thumbup:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:32 am
@FedUpAmerican,
To the point of finding them mentally ill? Then you police it, i'm out.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:37 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Seriously, I enjoy the spirited discussion on these boards and don't want to break the guidelines. I don't mean to piss anyone off and if I have done that I do apologize. I merely am expressing my opinion, as do the people that post counterpoints to that opinion. I'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking, just MAYBE give some people an alternate view point which may promote some discussion as well as thought.

I have been told by many of my Christian friends that what I post DOES in fact get them thinking. They even agree with some of what I say. But I do agree that my in your face approach can come on rather strong.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:40 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Your intent is plain to see. Why apologise, you don't mean it. Your intention is to instigate but heah i 'm good at that too.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:46 am
@FedUpAmerican,
some people theorize that Mohammad was an epileptic and that his visions were seizures, in fact it was said on this board and nobody cared

I don't see this thread as any more offensive, but I highly doubt your average Christian is delusional

as for your theory of a mentally ill Jesus I would think it doesn't hold water. The Gospel stories are full of witnesses, taken literally your theory would equate to mass delusion. But therein lies the slip of the cup

the oldest Gospel in existence dates to 125CE, 90+ years after the crucifixion. It's the book of Mark and that early copy doesn't even tell of a Resurrection, gospels containing that portion of the story don't show up for another 30ish years...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:48 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Delusion works for some of the others in here.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:50 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33303 wrote:
Your intent is plain to see. Why apologise, you don't mean it. Your intention is to instigate but heah i 'm good at that too.

Dude, you have it wrong. Allthough I DO like to instigate at times, that is not the reason for my posts. It is to promote discussion, which it does. I thought we buried the hatchet yesterday.

I respect you and others here on this board. I respect your views, opinions and beliefs. I just ask for the same in return.

Why is that a bad thing in your eyes?

I CAN and have carried on civil discussions with those with opposing views and am not out to convert anyone. Please accept my apology if I have offended you in any way.

And I DO mean it.

But if you don't accept that, I can handle witty banter too.

Either way, I look forward to our many future discussions.

NOW, back on topic:

There is quite a parallel between religious beliefs and mental illness. These come in the form of hearing God's audible voice and seeing visions of Jesus that aren't really there. Do all Christians suffer from hallucinations?

I don't believe so.

But when a person DOES experience them, how do they know if it's an illness or the real deal?

I personally don't believe that God appears in the visual or auditory form to anyone. AGAIN, just MY opinion.

What do others think?
tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:54 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Dude I have to ask, where are you from in the states, I am from Florida and we also say Dude alot, Cali is the other place, old surf rat myself but today it seems somewhat disrespectful to say dude. Not to step on anyones toes or put words in someone elses mouth or anything, I just find it amusing and I am curious. I hope I did not offend anyone.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:59 am
@FedUpAmerican,
I'm living in a western suburb of Chicago.

I've been calling folks "dude" since I could remember. To me, being a middle aged fossil, it helps me address people when I can't remember their name. It has become such a habit that I now call EVERYONE dude.