I will probably be banned for this....

briansol

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
@westernmom,
the main thread that sparked the new rule was this thread:
http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1781/

the first couple posts are fine.

but, then it turned into a conversion thread IMO.

Before i get chewed up for being anti-muslim, I'm not.
And I will close the same style thread that gets Jesus or Moses happy.
Drakej

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:03 pm
@westernmom,
Id like to take this thread as an opportunity to thank you, Brian and the rest of the mods here. I think everyone is being as fair as possible in regards to a lot of these threads. I have been on a lot of other forums before coming here and I have seen threads get locked and members banned for way way less then what happens here.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:18 pm
@westernmom,
Mama, I had a good boss in the Army who was a practicing Mormon. He was a really good man. I experienced a serious personal crisis during that time, and he was very understanding and tried to help me. One day he told me he was considering asking me to become a youth counsellor in his parish. I thanked him for the consideration, and then politely explained I could never leave the Catholic Church. I must confess, I grew up in Colorado and Montana strongly disliking the Mormon Church. Looking back on 20 years of service in the US Army, however, I have to admit that some of the best people I knew were Mormons. I love your staunch morality.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 11:19 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;32349 wrote:
Don't you think that maybe they feel the strength of Islam and its challenge which is beyond their capabilities for sensible debate!!?

Because only they apply those new restricted rules when any Moslem answers back with documented and supported evidences! or he tries to expose the lies and false accusations against Islam posted freely in the forum!

This is the thread that scared them and forced them to make the new rules (it is closed now) : Check it http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1781/

Some non-muslims in this forum think that we are like in a battle to win a title! they make it like "my religion is better than yours". While, we Muslims do not look at it like this at all, Allah orders us to look for the truth by seeking evidences and proofs. There is only one TRUTH as there is only ONE God. Therefore, we should seek the TRUTH and the goal of our debate here must be to reach and find that TRUTH.

I have been once banned by an admin in this forum when I just strarted posting logical peaceful questions about Christianity. Someone here felt then that those questions could not be answered by any christian and may cause embarrassment to them . So, the quickest and easiet answer was to ban me !!

I will probably be banned for this too!

The New Rules started on another forum, and they were established because they did not want to hear about anyone's personal expericenes with Jesus Christ, nor did they want to hear the Bible quoted anymore. They stated that anyone who Quotes the Bible is guilty of spamming, and as a result they will be banned. It appears to be open season now for Christians on that forum. You can insult their faith or belief, and that appears to be acceptable. Yet as soon as a Christian tries to defend what he believes by use of his Bible, they are banned. I hope that does not happen here. What is sad, is that particular forum is advertised as a free speech forum. From what I could see, it was only free speech for those who hated Christians.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:22 pm
@westernmom,
Hating Chrisitans is the new mantra of the left or liberals, they climbed into bed with Radical Islam and found there's no room for Chrisitans ergo the current forum cullings.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:13 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32776 wrote:
Hating Chrisitans is the new mantra of the left or liberals, they climbed into bed with Radical Islam and found there's no room for Chrisitans ergo the current forum cullings.

Just I want to correct the misconception (or deception) used by non-muslims. There is nothing called "Radical Islam". There is only ONE true Islalm that is the one revealed by Allah to his last and final prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him). So, everything in the Noble Quran and authentic hadeeths are the true Islam.

Radical Islam is a deceptive term invented by enemies of Islam to label any Muslim or any Islamic group that try to defend the great Islam against the continuous attacks of its haters. While those Muslims who accept to be slaves to the Zionists/Christians and do nothing to resist their attacks are called Moderate Muslims !!!

Unlike Judeo-Christianity which is full of hate and violence that can be found everywhere in the bible, Islam is the religion of JUST.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:22 pm
@westernmom,
So what do you call these people the blow themselves up killing innocense with them? Radical and extreme are the only two terms that come to my mind? What do you call it?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32792 wrote:
So what do you call these people the blow themselves up killing innocense with them? Radical and extreme are the only two terms that come to my mind? What do you call it?

I challenge you to quote any verse in the Noble Quran where Allah allows to kill innocent people. I challenge any Jew or Christian to produce ONE, JUST ONE Noble Verse from the Muslims' Noble Quran that condones killing of innocent children, women or even hostile enemy men who drop their weapons before Muslims (surrender).

"On that account: We (Allah) ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (The Noble Quran, 5:32)"

We find it to be absolutely ridiculous that the bible feeds us all kinds of lies and contradictions about "love your enemy", and yet, we see mass slaughter of suckling infants and innocent boys, girls, unarmed men, women (old and young).

Your man-made bible asks you to do that:

Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys [innocent kids]. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Samuel 15:3 “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass”

Psalm 137:9 O the happiness of him who doth seize, And hath dashed thy sucklings on the rock! (A praise for dashing little children against rocks as a form of revenge)

Exo 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

“Think not that I (Jesus) am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a Sword.” (Matthew 10:34)

Jesus said : " But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and SLAY THEM BEFORE me. " ( LUKE 19:27)

Jesus said: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to put a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A person's enemies will be the members of his own family. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. " (Matthew 10:34-36)

Jesus said:
[luk. 12:49]'I came to cast fire upon the earth, and would that it were already kindled.. Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for from henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two, and two against three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against her mother.'

Jesus said:
[luk. 14:26] if any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife, and children, and brothers and sisters yes and even his own life: he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36 (Jesus tells his followers to "Purchase Swords")
And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

John 2:15 (Jesus attacks people with a whip in the Temple)
And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;

Deuteronomy 7:12 God ordered the Israelites to kill all the people of seven nations. He even adds, “show no mercy unto them”.

[ Ez:9:6 ]-[ Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. ]

(Isaiah:13:16)-(Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.)
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:39 pm
@westernmom,
I'll ask again. So what do you call these people the blow themselves up killing innocense with them?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32796 wrote:
I'll ask again. So what do you call these people the blow themselves up killing innocense with them?

Ask the ones who used F-16s and B-52s to bomb their houses and villages killing their families, their women and children.

Why would people with a choice leave their families and blow themselves and their neighbours up? There is a real and horrific reason why Palestinians are fighting. The West does not see this reason and many do not want to see. This is what America and Britain advocate. They turn a blind eye as inhumane practices continue. You in the the so-called ‘civilised’ world have seen suicide bombs in the media for years, but you do not see the full picture. You think the Palestinians have no reason to commit these terrible acts. This is what the media doesn’t show you.

Check the reality if you dare... its an eye-opener, shows you why things happen

The following sites made by westerners so u cant say its muslim propaganda:

List of "israel's" Massacres against Lebanon since 1948

George W. Bush - Terrorist in the White House - Israeli Atrocities...

Eyewitness Report of the Attrocities in Jenin

Here is the famous British journalist " Robert Fisk" who exposed the the Anglo-American Aggression (war crimes) in Iraq Pictures of Civilian Victims of the Anglo-American Aggression in Iraq - March, 2003 onwards
Campbell34

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 06:41 am
@SWORD of GOD,

What you, the Jews, the Palestinians, and the rest of the world need to understand, is that God has allowed the Jews to return to Israel to anger the nations. It is God who has is pushing this conflict, and it is only God that will be able to end it. God has done this in order to reveal to the world who He is. In the end, there is going to be many surprised and upset Jews, Palestinians, and others. God is useing the Jews as a fuse to get His plan moving. The people of this world are doing exactly what God new they would do. In the Bible, God has revealed what His plan is, but then you would have to read that. I truly doubt that even the Jews today understand what is happening here. Few here are considering the bigger picture, while everyone fights over who is right and who is wrong, Gods plan is moving right along and right under your noses.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:13 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Lets try this one more time. "So what do you call these people the blow themselves up killing innocense with them?" I'mn sure you have an answer but are unwilling to answer. For probably the same reason you won't answer who wrote your Quran? You side step alot of questioning when you say by allahs word you are ordered to seek the true. Well you know that truth and i'm asking for you to reveal it to me and you stop! What of Allahs command? What does Allah think of these mens deeds? Tell me!
Quote:
Ask the ones who used F-16s and B-52s to bomb their houses and villages killing their families, their women and children.
How can we ask if you kill them?
Quote:
Why would people with a choice leave their families and blow themselves and their neighbours up?
Because people like you convince them that is they myrter themselves they will receive virgins in there after life. I would assume because they have been deprived sex there whole lives and now you use it to convert human beings into being expendable weapons. Persons like you have no value for human life. If it's all for the cause. That's why i ask what you call what they do, and that's the reason you won't answer!!!
Quote:
They turn a blind eye as inhumane practices continue.
The inhumanity practices are being perpetrated by people of your faith inflicting it on other people of your faith, real smart huh? Also who if not you are casting a blind eye when your not willing to define what they do when i've asked repeatedly?
Quote:
The full picture has been there for all to see. The truth is there as well but for some reason you are not willing to profess it, even though Allah commands you to do so. Why?
Quote:
You think the Palestinians have no reason to commit these terrible acts.
I didn't say they didn't have a reason. i think there reason is flawed as you do otherwise you would define what they do? People are waiting?
I think the reason you won't say is because you approve of what they do. And to say that on this forum would automatically put you in a "radical" catagory. You do not want to be placed here because you know it would compromise your ability to deceive us if you are writen off as XMus. I think i gotcha and that's why you can't answer even though Allah commands it? Why are you trying to deceive us?
Quote:
The media don't have to show me ****. The truth is out there but there are some who won't profess it, Hmmm?
Quote:
The following sites made by westerners so u cant say its muslim propaganda:
So i take it you mean there is no propoganda coming out of the West, LOL. That's a doozy.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:52 pm
@westernmom,
Well I guess we've seen the true side of Sword, by his own admission we are in a war of idiology or holy war. Well at the rate Muslims are killing Muslims it's not going to be much of a fight for us unless he's talking about the global caliphate and frankly we realise this is not a rumour or Christian Propaganda now. We see it in our government and our communities, Islam has mistakenly assumed we are weak. The west will not lose this one, Islam will. It's not a religion of faith it's a cult, it's a book written to lead Muslim in times of war and the other half is about Allah and his perverted sexual practices.

You dropped the glove Sword, I'm taking up the challenge.

Here's some peaceful and loving words from the Koran on violence: An interesting commentary at the end by a religious scholor.

Question:
Does the Qur'an really contain dozens of verses commanding violence?

Summary Answer:
The Quran contains dozens of verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers, and kill the infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

These verses are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not embedded within historical context (as are nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Qur'an.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence and Muhammad's own martial tradition have resulted in a trail of blood and bodies across world history.

The Qur'an:

Sura (2:191) - And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]

Sura (2:244) - Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things.

Sura (2:216) - Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Sura (3:56) - As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.

Sura (3:151) - Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority. This speaks directly of killing Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Sura (4:74) - Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

Sura (4:76) - Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…

Sura (4:89) - They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks

Sura (4:95) - Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-

Sura (5:33) - The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement

Sura (8:12) - I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Sura (8:15) - O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end.

Sura (8:39) - And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah

Sura (8:57) - If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember.

Sura (8:59-60) - And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy

Sura (9:5) - So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them

Sura (9:14) - Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace...

Sura (9:20) - Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant. The "striving" spoken of here is Jihad.

Sura (9:29) - Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Sura (9:30) - And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

Sura (9:38-39) - O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place This is a warning to those who refuse to fight, that they will be punished with Hell.

Sura (9:41) - Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew

Sura (9:73) - O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination

Sura (9:88) - But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.

Sura (9:111) - Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

Sura (9:123) - O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness

Sura (21:44) - We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?

Sura (25:52) - Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an). "Strive against" is Jihad, obviously not in the personal context. It's also significant to point out that this is a Meccan verse.

Sura (47:4) - So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,

Sura (47:35) - Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you,

Sura (48:17) - There is no blame for the blind, nor is there blame for the lame, nor is there blame for the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whoso obeyeth Allah and His messenger, He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; and whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom.

Sura (48:29) - Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves

Sura (61:4) - Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way

Sura (61:10-12) - O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?- That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity. This verse was given in battle. It uses the Arabic word, Jihad.

Sura (66:9) - O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." In this command, Muhammad establishes that it is permissible to kill non-combatants in the process of killing a perceived enemy. This provides justification for the many Islamic terror bombings.

Abu Dawud (14:2526) - The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Three things are the roots of faith: to refrain from (killing) a person who utters, "There is no god but Allah" and not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits, and not to excommunicate him from Islam for his any action; and jihad will be performed continuously since the day Allah sent me as a prophet until the day the last member of my community will fight with the Dajjal (Antichrist)

Abu Dawud (14:2527) - The Prophet said: Striving in the path of Allah (jihad) is incumbent on you along with every ruler, whether he is pious or impious

Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Bukhari (8:387) - Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah

Muslim (1:149) - "Abu Dharr reported: I said: Messenger of Allah, which of the deeds is the best? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause..."

Muslim (20:4645) - "...He (the Messenger of Allah) did that and said: There is another act which elevates the position of a man in Paradise to a grade one hundred (higher), and the elevation between one grade and the other is equal to the height of the heaven from the earth. He (Abu Sa'id) said: What is that act? He replied: Jihad in the way of Allah! Jihad in the way of Allah!"

Tabari 7:97 The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared, "Kill any Jew who falls under your power." Ashraf was a poet, killed by Muhammad's men because he insulted Islam. Here, Muhammad widens the scope of his orders to kill.

Ishaq: 327 “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

Additional Notes:

Other than the fact that Muslims haven't killed every non-Muslim under their domain, there is very little else that they can point to as proof that theirs is a peaceful, tolerant religion. Few verses in the Qur'an can be construed to fit the contemporary virtues of religious tolerance and universal brotherhood, and those that do are earlier "Meccan" verses that are obviously abrogated by later ones.

Far from being mere theological construct or history, the violent verses of the Qur'an have played a key role in the many massacres in Muslim history, including the brutal slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Hindus for five centuries beginning around 1000 AD with Mahmud of Ghazni's bloody conquest. Buddhism was very nearly wiped off the Indian subcontinent. Judaism met the same fate in the Middle East as did Christianity, there as well as across North Africa and parts of Europe, including Turkey. Zoroastrianism, the ancient religion of a proud Persian people is despised by Muslims and barely survives in modern Iran.

So ingrained is violence in the religion that Islam has never really stopped being at war, either with other religions or with itself.

Muhammad was a military leader, laying siege to towns, massacring the men, raping their women, enslaving their children, and taking what was once the property of others for his own. On several occasions he rejected offers of surrender from the besieged inhabitants and killed those whom he could take prisoner. He inspired his followers to battle even when they did not feel it was right to fight, threatening them with Hell if they did not, promising them slaves and booty if they did. Muhammad allowed his men to rape traumatized women captured in battle. Neither did he leave a clear line of succession, which resulted in internal war after his death and a jagged schism that has left Shias and Sunnis at each others' throats to this day.

It is important to emphasize that Muslim armies waged aggressive campaigns, and it was the companions of Muhammad who made the most dramatic military gains in the decades following his death. The principle set in motion early on was that the civilian population of a town was to be destroyed (ie. men executed, women and children taken as slaves) if they defended themselves. Although modern Muslim apologists often claim that Islam only attacked in self-defense, this is not only an oxymoron, but it is flatly contradicted by the accounts of Muslim historians and others going back to the time of Muhammad.

The strangest and most untrue thing that can be said about Islam is that it is a Religion of Peace. If every standard by which the West is judged and condemned (slavery, imperialism, intolerance, women's rights, warfare...) were applied equally to Islam, the verdict would be absolutely devastating. Islam never gives up what it conquers, be it religion, culture, language or life. Neither does it make apologies or any real effort at moral progress. It is the least open to dialogue and the most self-absorbed. It is convinced of its own perfection, yet never open to critical examination.

This is what makes the verses of violence so dangerous. While Muslim terrorists take them as literally as anything else in the Qur'an, and understand that Islam is incomplete without Jihad, others do little to contradict them. Indeed, what do they have? Speaking of peace and love may win over the ignorant, but when every twelfth verse of Islam's holiest book either speaks to Allah's hatred for non-Muslims or calls for their death, forced conversion, or subjugation, it's little wonder that sympathy for terrorism runs as deeply as it does in the broader community - even if most Muslims personally prefer not to interpret their religion in this way.

In fact, many Muslims are simply unaware of the Qur'an's near absence of verses that preach non-violence. This is because their understanding of Islam comes from what they are taught by others. In the West, it is typical for Muslims to come to believe that their religion must be like Christianity - preaching the New Testament virtues of peace, love, and tolerance - because Muslims are taught that Islam is supposed to be superior in every way. They are somewhat surprised and embarrassed to learn that the evidence of the Qur'an and the bloody history of Islam are very much in contradiction to this.

For their part, Western liberals would do well not to sacrifice judgment and distinction on the altar of political correctness, or look for reasons to bring other religion down to the level of Islam merely to avoid the existential truth that this it is both different and dangerous.

There are just too many Muslims who take the Qur'an literally... and too many others who couldn't care less.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
@briansol,
Come on, Sword. Break out your cold steel. I want to sword fight you. Let's get it on.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:17 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32317 wrote:
Bifocals, I whispered that to you Western.

Come ye come all I urge you to convert to my religion, drinking is mandatory so is fornicating. Barn animals are off limits, so is your kin. Women are to be adored and worshiped for a life time, or to be paid a wealthy sum to make us shut up. It's an evolving religion, please feel free to add your own paragraphs.

Can I be the sergeant at arms? Or, the director of entertainment?
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:19 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;32964 wrote:
Come on, Sword. Break out your cold steel. I want to sword fight you. Let's get it on.

God is merciful. I do not believe he has a sword. At least not a Christian God, anyway.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:40 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;32980 wrote:
God is merciful. I do not believe he has a sword. At least not a Christian God, anyway.

You better read your bible:

Jesus said: “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a Sword.” (Matthew 10:34)

Jesus said: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to put a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A person's enemies will be the members of his own family. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. " (Matthew 10:34-36)

Jesus said:
[luk. 12:49]'I came to cast fire upon the earth, and would that it were already kindled.. Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for from henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two, and two against three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against her mother.'

Jesus said:
[luk. 14:26] if any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife, and children, and brothers and sisters yes and even his own life: he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36 (Jesus tells his followers to "Purchase Swords")
And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

John 2:15 (Jesus attacks people with a whip in the Temple)
And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 11:14 am
@Red cv,
Red;32943 wrote:
Well I guess we've seen the true side of Sword, by his own admission we are in a war of idiology or holy war. Well at the rate Muslims are killing Muslims it's not going to be much of a fight for us unless he's talking about the global caliphate and frankly we realise this is not a rumour or Christian Propaganda now. We see it in our government and our communities, Islam has mistakenly assumed we are weak. The west will not lose this one, Islam will. It's not a religion of faith it's a cult, it's a book written to lead Muslim in times of war and the other half is about Allah and his perverted sexual practices.

Here's some peaceful and loving words from the Koran on violence: An interesting commentary at the end by a religious scholor.

Question:
Does the Qur'an really contain dozens of verses commanding violence?

You posted this same copy/paste previously and I have already in that previous thread exposed your ignorance not only regarding Islam & Quran but more about your man-made bible and faith. Your religious education seems to be from hate anti-islam deceiving websites like the one you copied from (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm).

I will not waste my time here to respond to all false claims about those verses which were quoted out of their context but I will just show you how deceiving those anti-islam websites are:

Let us take the first quoted verse you posted:

[002.191]
"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith."

Now, If you just quoted this verse out of its context and intentionally present it to any non-muslim to deceive him then he will for sure believes Allah in the Quran encourages Muslims to kill all non-believers. But if we write this verse in its correct context as it appears in the Quran, then the picture will be different:

002.190 Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.
002.191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
002.192 But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
002.193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

Here is a link where you can read Quran check those verses by yourself (BTW..this is the same Quranic link that your deceiving anti-islam website used to mis-quote the verses and deceive you) USC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:48 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;32979 wrote:
Can I be the sergeant at arms? Or, the director of entertainment?

LOL sure, but get a plastic sword our enemy isn't that bright.

Wrong Sword they aren't mis-quotes they are the actual Suras, however I'm sure you didn't like reading a Religious Academic's translation but it's still the truth. I don't care if you don't like the word Moderate, I'll continue to use it until Islam and it's followers crawl out of their caves and stop worshiping seventh century Islam.

Stop strapping bombs on your children, stop crawling up womens skirts (what's that manuvered called anyway the Palestinian crotch crawl?), stop teaching hated of Jews and stop importing your hatred to the free west and then we shall stop dropping bombs. You brought Radical Islam to our shores and we've shown you we won't sit back and let it happen again. If we need to take the fight to some third world hell hole, so beit.
politically-wrong

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 01:13 am
@Red cv,
Red;34542 wrote:
LOL sure, but get a plastic sword our enemy isn't that bright.

Wrong Sword they aren't mis-quotes they are the actual Suras, however I'm sure you didn't like reading a Religious Academic's translation but it's still the truth. I don't care if you don't like the word Moderate, I'll continue to use it until Islam and it's followers crawl out of their caves and stop worshiping seventh century Islam.

Stop strapping bombs on your children, stop crawling up womens skirts (what's that manuvered called anyway the Palestinian crotch crawl?), stop teaching hated of Jews and stop importing your hatred to the free west and then we shall stop dropping bombs. You brought Radical Islam to our shores and we've shown you we won't sit back and let it happen again. If we need to take the fight to some third world hell hole, so beit.

Quote:
Wrong Sword they aren't mis-quotes they are the actual Suras

he never said they werenot actualy Sura's , you know that , but there is nothing that you can say , keep running.

Quote:
however I'm sure you didn't like reading a Religious Academic's translation but it's still the truth

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the translation and sword never said there was anything wrong with the translation , he said you took that verse out of its context , i hope you are not getting tired of running.

Quote:
I don't care if you don't like the word Moderate, I'll continue to use it until Islam and it's followers crawl out of their caves and stop worshiping seventh century Islam

i searched sword's last post , the one you are responding to , i couldnot find where he said he does not like the word moderate , that was in a previous post , you are reviving old points to respond to , because you are incapable of responding to this clear cut post , boy your knees must be wobbling now.

Quote:
Stop strapping bombs on your children, stop crawling up womens skirts (what's that manuvered called anyway the Palestinian crotch crawl?), stop teaching hated of Jews and stop importing your hatred to the free west and then we shall stop dropping bombs. You brought Radical Islam to our shores and we've shown you we won't sit back and let it happen again. If we need to take the fight to some third world hell hole, so beit

and finaly here we get to the usual BS , were is your answer to sword's post ?
you started this remember? No ok.

Quote:

does this refresh your memory Very Happy

that post must have been ten pages long and you run away from all the questions you posted on Islam from the first answer from Sword, you dont look good here RED , if you cant handle it just keep away Very Happy
0 Replies