I will probably be banned for this....

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:52 pm
I notice that threads on this board can be banned if the moderator deems that it is trying to be used for proselyting purposes. But, it's okay to push political candidates at us on the other boards! As well as posting websites for political candidates, saving money, etc. in their signature lines.

Hypocrites! Not, that I care if anyone tries to convert me... Bring it on. As well as I really don't care to use a forum such as this for poselyting for my religion. I just enjoy discussing religious differences.

Oops, gonna get banned from here!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,366 • Replies: 41
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:54 pm
@westernmom,
Where do you see that you can not support a particular candidate?
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:59 pm
@westernmom,
You can support candidates, but threads on this forum will be banned if you support a particular religion. Read the "Religion Forum Rules" thread just posted. Nor can you respond to that thread!
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:10 pm
@westernmom,
Ahhh now I see it. If that's the case, they can pretty much close every thread in this forum, as they all seem to boil down to Pino and Volunteer fighting back and forth with Sword of God and Politically Wrong about who is right, and which nonexistant superbeing is going to save their "souls".
mako cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:23 pm
@westernmom,
Quote:
they all seem to boil down to Pino and Volunteer fighting back and forth with Sword of God and Politically Wrong about who is right, and which nonexistant superbeing is going to save their "souls".

:cavt-126-asard: Boy are they all gonna be surprized if it turns out that Zoroaster was right and Ahuru Mazda is the real god! :rollinglaugh: :patriot:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:38 pm
@westernmom,
Mom, i believe what he ment is it is no longer allowed to try and convert anyone to there religion, i do not believe you are doing anything of the kind. Supporting a candidate is not supporting a religion. If Romney makes the ticket, i will vote for him. Not becuase he has an (R) but becuase i think he can do the job.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:14 pm
@westernmom,
You should all think and act the way I want you too anyhow.

Stoopid Peasants
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:23 pm
@westernmom,
there's nothing in the rules about supporting a religious belief

it specifically says that the forum cannot be used as a conversion tool

debate is still allowed/welcomed and of course you are free to state your opinion

another way to look at it is that we're electing a new president in 15 months, we're not electing a new god
westernmom

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;32288 wrote:
another way to look at it is that we're electing a new president in 15 months, we're not electing a new god

Good point.

I just got a little ticked about the "ban" because this same person is constantly shoving Ron who? down our throats!

In fact, I agree that people should just discuss and not try to convert anyone but I didn't really see anyone doing this but maybe I wasn't watching. Maybe I need a seeing eye dog.....
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:31 pm
@westernmom,
Bifocals, I whispered that to you Western.

Come ye come all I urge you to convert to my religion, drinking is mandatory so is fornicating. Barn animals are off limits, so is your kin. Women are to be adored and worshiped for a life time, or to be paid a wealthy sum to make us shut up. It's an evolving religion, please feel free to add your own paragraphs.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:04 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32221 wrote:
Ahhh now I see it. If that's the case, they can pretty much close every thread in this forum, as they all seem to boil down to Pino and Volunteer fighting back and forth with Sword of God and Politically Wrong about who is right, and which nonexistant superbeing is going to save their "souls".

Hey....I can count the number of times I've written to Sword on one hand. Check it out. :FU1:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:07 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32317 wrote:
Bifocals, I whispered that to you Western.

Come ye come all I urge you to convert to my religion, drinking is mandatory so is fornicating. Barn animals are off limits, so is your kin. Women are to be adored and worshiped for a life time, or to be paid a wealthy sum to make us shut up. It's an evolving religion, please feel free to add your own paragraphs.

Drinking and fornicating. Hmm.......for me, that happened a long, long, long time ago.:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 07:10 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32218 wrote:
I notice that threads on this board can be banned if the moderator deems that it is trying to be used for proselyting purposes. But, it's okay to push political candidates at us on the other boards! As well as posting websites for political candidates, saving money, etc. in their signature lines.

Hypocrites! Not, that I care if anyone tries to convert me... Bring it on. As well as I really don't care to use a forum such as this for poselyting for my religion. I just enjoy discussing religious differences.

You can only get banned if you say the following here:

"You, ************ ******. You'd better ****-****, or else!!! I'm going to ********* and enjoy it, too.":p :p :p :p
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:47 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32218 wrote:

Don't you think that maybe they feel the strength of Islam and its challenge which is beyond their capabilities for sensible debate!!?

Because only they apply those new restricted rules when any Moslem answers back with documented and supported evidences! or he tries to expose the lies and false accusations against Islam posted freely in the forum!

This is the thread that scared them and forced them to make the new rules (it is closed now) : Check it http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1781/

Some non-muslims in this forum think that we are like in a battle to win a title! they make it like "my religion is better than yours". While, we Muslims do not look at it like this at all, Allah orders us to look for the truth by seeking evidences and proofs. There is only one TRUTH as there is only ONE God. Therefore, we should seek the TRUTH and the goal of our debate here must be to reach and find that TRUTH.

I have been once banned by an admin in this forum when I just strarted posting logical peaceful questions about Christianity. Someone here felt then that those questions could not be answered by any christian and may cause embarrassment to them . So, the quickest and easiet answer was to ban me !!

I will probably be banned for this too!
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:17 pm
@westernmom,
Quote:
Don't you think that maybe they feel the strength of Islam and its challenge which is beyond their capabilities for sensible debate!!?
Sorry bud, not in your wildest wet ones, LOL.
Quote:
I will probably be banned for this too!
If you keep to discussing and debate you shouldn't have any problems. Don't forget that this forum is not a democracy, it's a business. If your here trying to convert, your stay will be short and probably permanent.
politically-wrong

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:53 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32221 wrote:

sorry 92b my soul needs no saving, and the superbeing is truly nonexistant but only in the limited way we understand existence to be, our forefathers never even knew about north and south america , imagine what we all dont know about the universe, i can not believe that some people think that through simple common sense they can decide that there is No God what so ever, our fighting back and forth with volunteer and pino which till now i personally think of as always fruitfull and on the subject and not like it used to be with Aaronssongs and pino, i have learned from all parties involved in these discussions, iam sure they would feel the same, and it sums up to [CENTER](good)[/CENTER]
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32357 wrote:
Sorry bud, not in your wildest wet ones, LOL.If you keep to discussing and debate you shouldn't have any problems. Don't forget that this forum is not a democracy, it's a business. If your here trying to convert, your stay will be short and probably permanent.

Do you want me to remind you when you mis-used the admin resposibility given to you and you posted publically my IP Address to everyone here in this Forum! Do you want me to remind when the Main Adminstrator briansol criticized you on conducting such a big violation that no respected admin should do!!? Here is the link for that http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1091-10/#post15278

Only Muslim threads are closed. Why don't you apply the same measures and rules on non-muslim threads that contain hate!!!?

I have a strong feeling that you are the one responsible for closing my thread. AS, you are the one who was responsible of banning me before because you could not face the TRUTH!

You bash Islam and you let others spread lies and hate about Islam freely and you call it "freedom of speech" but when a Muslim tries to expose those lies and defend his faith then you guys will be the first ones to kill this "Freedom of Speech" lie!

Being an admin means you need to be fair and not to mix your believes and personal feelings with your job.

[ Mt:7:3 ]-[ And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? ]
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:34 pm
@westernmom,
Oh boy, here we go.

I support Ron Paul. I follow his topics and news, and post new topics about him. Nothing is stopping you from doing the same for the candidate YOU support. I'm not trying to convert anyone to any belief. I just personally think he's the best choice this time 'round. Others will certainly disagree, and I encourage the debate that stems from that.

Not once did i try to convert anyone from being a democrat or republican into a libertarian.

What was happening in the religion forum was that a lot of threads started to turn into a "recruitment" to a particular religion.

Recruitment is not discussion and/or debate, and is thus off topic for this forum. Mom, you're right that you're not seeing much of this, and that is EXACTLY what i'm trying to stop with the new rule. I want to get this forum back on topic of discussion and debate of ideals/ideas/philosophy of teachings rather than Islam 4: Christianity: 0; score board type threads that have been filling this forum as of late. It is NOT a competition.
Every religion sucks just as much as every religion is perfect. And there is a person who associates with one best, and that is there choice.

You are free to have a signature with a couple links if you wish. I do, and most the posters above me do as well. I own those other sites, as well as this one, so it's easy to cross-promote other topics that perhaps someone else here is interested in.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:12 pm
@westernmom,
Briansol,

I'm in a better mood today so I stand chastised.... Sorry for letting that get under my skin like it did. I guess I just wasn't seeing the converting posts...

But, when a person makes points about their religion is that converting? It's the same as saying mine is better because... And isn't that what we do with our choice of Presidential candidates? I guess I should get over on the other thread and start posting stuff about my candidate of choice!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:21 pm
@westernmom,
I see your point, but a political candidate is not a religion. I think there's a huge line separating the two agenda's.
0 Replies