Was Jesus Married?

mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 02:48 pm
@RedOct,
Quote:
I find it funny how some will say there is no evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed, but now these same people can tell you He was married and even how many children He had
Quote:
Jesus was called a rabbi, but was never a student of the temple, the fact was at the age of 12 He knew more than the teachers of the Temple. And at the age of 12 He pretty much told His earthly father joseph that He, (Jesus) must be about His Fathers business.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:15 pm
@RedOct,
Betty Crocker was a fictional character yet people have said how many offspring she has
mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:24 pm
@mako cv,
Very valid point!:patriot:
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 04:06 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;31145 wrote:
Betty Crocker was a fictional character yet people have said how many offspring she has

Hey, hey, hey. She's not fictional! I know her very well these days!
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 05:31 pm
@mako cv,
mako;31138 wrote:

If Jesus was fictional then the point of Him being married is mute, and one could make up what ever story they wanted. Yet trying to read into the Bible evidence that simply does not exist is a waste of time.

And to my knowledge, there are no first or second century FULLY existing copies of the Gospels, so how could any scholar say this story was added?
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:38 am
@mako cv,
Quote:
If Jesus was fictional then the point of Him being married is mute, and one could make up what ever story they wanted.

It appears that that is exactly what happened in the 2nd and 3rd centuries CE.
Quote:
And to my knowledge, there are no first or second century FULLY existing copies of the Gospels, so how could any scholar say this story was added?
0 Replies