Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:01 am
My name is Aaron. I'm a staunch, liberal Democrat, originally from Chicago, Ill., but a resident of Houston, Tx, since '68. I'm a musician, writer, and producer, along with my partner, we have a production company, 2osos (2osos Productions - Artists Comunity)
I am sick and appalled, with and at, the current administration, who I think should be impeached and tried for high crimes and treason, actually.
I am totally against the war, which in my estimation was lost, before it was begun. I am grateful and proud of our military, who have, for the most part, done an outstanding and courageous job, but have been placed, unnecessarily, in harm's way....I think they should be deployed, elsewhere, where they can effectively protect our interests, abroad.
I'm a bit jaded by both parties...but I cannot find anything to support in the GOP, except a strong defense, and measures to ensure our safety. I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. I feel government has a responsibility to improve the lives of its constituents, to aid those less fortunate, and to guarantee opportunity and the prospect of prosperity for all.
I believe in a woman's right to choose, gay rights( including the right to marry), socialized medicine, healthcare and insurance for all, and the right to die a dignified death. I support the death penalty for heinous crimes, acknowledging that the criminal justice system is broken, needs overhauling, and is unfairly biased against people of color.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,391 • Replies: 30
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:58 am
@aaronssongs,
welcome,good to see another liberal on the board :thumbup:
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome! You're in for a treat....
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 05:48 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome from Brazil!
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:49 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome, Cuba is lovely this time of year or so I hear.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 06:28 am
@aaronssongs,
Great, as if I need another person to piss me off all the time. Welcome.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 08:06 am
@aaronssongs,
Thanks, LOL.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 01:27 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;21174 wrote:

Hooray!
And yes, welcome. ^^
Funny, you moved from Chicago to Texas, I'm moving from Texas to Chicago.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 04:48 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;21158 wrote:
My name is Aaron. I'm a staunch, liberal Democrat, originally from Chicago, Ill., but a resident of Houston, Tx, since '68. I'm a musician, writer, and producer, along with my partner, we have a production company, 2osos (2osos Productions - Artists Comunity)
I am sick and appalled, with and at, the current administration, who I think should be impeached and tried for high crimes and treason, actually.
I am totally against the war, which in my estimation was lost, before it was begun. I am grateful and proud of our military, who have, for the most part, done an outstanding and courageous job, but have been placed, unnecessarily, in harm's way....I think they should be deployed, elsewhere, where they can effectively protect our interests, abroad.
I'm a bit jaded by both parties...but I cannot find anything to support in the GOP, except a strong defense, and measures to ensure our safety. I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. I feel government has a responsibility to improve the lives of its constituents, to aid those less fortunate, and to guarantee opportunity and the prospect of prosperity for all.
I believe in a woman's right to choose, gay rights( including the right to marry), socialized medicine, healthcare and insurance for all, and the right to die a dignified death. I support the death penalty for heinous crimes, acknowledging that the criminal justice system is broken, needs overhauling, and is unfairly biased against people of color.

Visited your website - saw your profile and listened to your music....
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 05:05 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;29056 wrote:
Visited your website - saw your profile and listened to your music....

Hope that you can better understand me, now...hope you enjoyed what you heard.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:35 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;21158 wrote:

First, thank you for the welcome. I see that we agree on a few subjects, the currant adm., and I am also against the war but support our troops, also for a womens right to choose, Socialized Medicine, health care and insurance for all and the right to a dignified death. However I am a bit confused as to how a person can be for gay marriage (in the eyes of church and state) and also at the same time be for the death penalty. Seems a bit contraversial. I am for the death penalty when there is a 100% mistake free conviction, death should be cared out immediatly no waiting.
I am against gay marriage being recognized by church and state as a natural pairing. It was put into place for a man and woman. It is not natural, they should marry under binding contract privatly with a lawyer. Why make the rest of us change to accomodate their unnatural life choice? I personally don't care what goes on behind closed doors in their bedroom (yuk!) but this exceptance by church and state sends the wrong message to our young people. Wasn't it Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve or Anna and Eve. I am sure it was a man and a women that populated the earth. T.
tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:44 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;21174 wrote:

Thank you for the greeting,I am nonpartisan but we can surely have great debates. T.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:23 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;29956 wrote:
First, thank you for the welcome. I see that we agree on a few subjects, the currant adm., and I am also against the war but support our troops, also for a womens right to choose, Socialized Medicine, health care and insurance for all and the right to a dignified death. However I am a bit confused as to how a person can be for gay marriage (in the eyes of church and state) and also at the same time be for the death penalty. Seems a bit contraversial. I am for the death penalty when there is a 100% mistake free conviction, death should be cared out immediatly no waiting.
I am against gay marriage being recognized by church and state as a natural pairing. It was put into place for a man and woman. It is not natural, they should marry under binding contract privatly with a lawyer. Why make the rest of us change to accomodate their unnatural life choice? I personally don't care what goes on behind closed doors in their bedroom (yuk!) but this exceptance by church and state sends the wrong message to our young people. Wasn't it Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve or Anna and Eve. I am sure it was a man and a women that populated the earth. T.

In response, I really don't see how my pro-gay marriage stance conflicts with my death penalty stance ( I also agree it should only be where there is 100 % certainty of guilt, in cases of rape, murder, or any crime against children).
I really don't understand your position, about gay marriage. For you, it may not be a "natural pairing", but for me it is "quite natural"....what is unnatural for me is a heterosexual pairing, but for whoever wants to go there, I feel that is there right, in their pursuit of happiness. Who am I to tell you, what is right for you? And if there is a church willing to perform said ceremony, what is the problem? And the church and state "accepting" gay marriage is irrelevant...the church's function is to serve the spiritual needs and edification of its' people...the state is to safeguard the rights and societal concerns of its' people. What possible message could it be sending to young people but tolerance and diversity and the differences in people? If you're not gay, then don't have a gay marriage. If you're not straight, don't practice heterosexuality. There is a balance there. Gay couples are not together, obviously, to "populate the Earth"...I believe they are together because they love each other and committed to a relationship. How dare we dictate terms to other people? What gives us the right?
tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:10 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;29971 wrote:
In response, I really don't see how my pro-gay marriage stance conflicts with my death penalty stance ( I also agree it should only be where there is 100 % certainty of guilt, in cases of rape, murder, or any crime against children).
I really don't understand your position, about gay marriage. For you, it may not be a "natural pairing", but for me it is "quite natural"....what is unnatural for me is a heterosexual pairing, but for whoever wants to go there, I feel that is there right, in their pursuit of happiness. Who am I to tell you, what is right for you? And if there is a church willing to perform said ceremony, what is the problem? And the church and state "accepting" gay marriage is irrelevant...the church's function is to serve the spiritual needs and edification of its' people...the state is to safeguard the rights and societal concerns of its' people. What possible message could it be sending to young people but tolerance and diversity and the differences in people? If you're not gay, then don't have a gay marriage. If you're not straight, don't practice heterosexuality. There is a balance there. Gay couples are not together, obviously, to "populate the Earth"...I believe they are together because they love each other and committed to a relationship. How dare we dictate terms to other people? What gives us the right?

Your point has been noted. T.:headbang:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:22 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
How dare we dictate terms to other people? What gives us the right?
History and Nature.
tvsej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:43 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;29983 wrote:
History and Nature.

Also very well said! Short and to the point.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
I have not pooped a thread in a long time http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f378/rugonnacry/ryanshitting.jpg

Turn Your Swear Filter OFF to see the picture.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:51 pm
@aaronssongs,
YOu look like a Rodriguez to me, LOL.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 02:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;29983 wrote:
History and Nature.

History and nature doesn't give anyone the right to dictate terms to anyone else....in case you weren't aware...this is America, and not Nazi Germany (although you might wish it was), and the people here have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, as unalienable rights.
So go do yourself...no one cares what you think (least of all, me) , or haven't you noticed?
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:13 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;30045 wrote:
I have not pooped a thread in a long time http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f378/rugonnacry/ryanshitting.jpg

Turn Your Swear Filter OFF to see the picture.

I've seen this picture before...is it something of an obsession with you?
Are you an exhibitionist? Or is it for shock value? Or just TMI (too much info)?
0 Replies