The book of enoch

couchp

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;23313 wrote:
Well, quote them in full context, then.

6.e. And there shall be forgiveness of sins.
6.i. And for all you sinners there shall be no salvation.

You could have read it yourself! saved me the work! 'but there you go'
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:06 am
@STNGfan,
Yeah, so, basically, sinners can be forgiven, but if they don't repent they don't have salvation.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:31 am
@STNGfan,
Couch let me try to explain it to you as it was explained to me.

Once a man turns away from the way of God then there is no coming back, there is no forgiveness. There can be no return once he leaves the way. If he "returns" that means he never left it. There is also a distinction inbetween a man who sins and a sinner. The second turned away from the path.
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 06:52 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;21515 wrote:
No, I mean in schools. Give kids a short lecture about intelligent design and then teach evolution rather vthan teaching it like it's the only thing you are allowed to believe and there are no objections to it.

What are you going to teach?

"Okay kids, we may or may not have been designed by God... err... a higher power."

Let's not pretend "intelligent design" actually means anything other than "Christianity".

The only way I'd accept religion in schools is if they tought each of them equally, side by side. This makes it easier to see them all for what they ALL are, superstition.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:36 pm
@STNGfan,
I checked, nothing in there about christianity.

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English - Cite This Source Main Entry: intelligent design
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a theory that nature and complex biological structures were designed by intelligent beings and were not created by chance; abbr. [ID]
Example: Intelligent design refers to the theory that intelligent causes are responsible for the origin of the universe and of life in all its diversity

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source intelligent design
n. The assertion or belief that physical and biological systems observed in the universe result from purposeful design by an intelligent being rather than from chance or undirected natural processes.
One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:47 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23961 wrote:

Yes, and let's not pretend politics don't utterly destroy definitions.

Tell me, what would "Intelligent Design" curriculum include?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 08:41 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23968 wrote:
Yes, and let's not pretend politics don't utterly destroy definitions.

Tell me, what would "Intelligent Design" curriculum include?
You can try and destroy this definition but any one i found says the same thing.
Quote:
Tell me, what would "Intelligent Design" curriculum include
That would be up to the education system.
One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 08:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23990 wrote:
You can try and destroy this definition but any one i found says the same thing. That would be up to the education system.

Could you give me any examples and anything constructive "Intelligent Design" would add to the curriculum?

Honestly, all I can think of is, "I'm simple-minded so I think maybe that because of how complex the universe is it must have been created be a complex being. Maybe. But I can't tell you that's true. Ok, moving on to science..."
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 09:54 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23996 wrote:
Could you give me any examples and anything constructive "Intelligent Design" would add to the curriculum?

Honestly, all I can think of is, "I'm simple-minded so I think maybe that because of how complex the universe is it must have been created be a complex being. Maybe. But I can't tell you that's true. Ok, moving on to science..."
Quote:

Yeah first thing i'd teach is it's not likely that we come from primordial soup. You don't get life from none life.
Quote:
Honestly, all I can think of is, "I'm simple-minded so I think maybe that because of how complex the universe is it must have been created be a complex being.
With reference to the Big Bang, do you believe it was a caused event or an uncaused cause?
Quote:
But I can't tell you that's true. Ok, moving on to science..."
Science is what you will use to answer. Problem is you wont like science's answer?
One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:10 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;24008 wrote:
Yeah first thing i'd teach is it's not likely that we come from primordial soup. You don't get life from none life.

They were sure to tell us that, trust me.

My dipshit teacher made a point of it being proven wrong, which is entirely false.

Quote:
With reference to the Big Bang, do you believe it was a caused event or an uncaused cause?

I have no ******* idea, I'm too busy perfecting my mastery of String Theory.:wtf:

Quote:
Science is what you will use to answer. Problem is you wont like science's answer?

What? That was a question?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:50 pm
@One Man Clan,
Quote:
One Man Clan;24016 wrote:

My dipshit teacher made a point of it being proven wrong, which is entirely false.

I have no ******* idea, I'm too busy perfecting my mastery of String Theory.:wtf:

Quote:
To my knowledge, no body has ever been able to advance it more then a theory?
Quote:
Any scientist i ever talk or read about says it was a caused event. When you ask them what caused it, that is when the conversation goes arye. Most atheist/agnostics like to say it was the flying spaghetti monster. I prefer to think of it as someone who can design intelligently.

In any case time to go to bed, i'll catch up with you tommorrow. Night Young Luke.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:53 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;24016 wrote:

You'll notice he has no concept of the difference between a question mark and a period. you'll get used to it.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:19 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24031 wrote:
You'll notice he has no concept of the difference between a question mark and a period. you'll get used to it.
There is a period in the question mark. I'm still waiting for an answer which usually comes after a question mark except when it is directed at you. In your case all i get is roundy rounds. Lap 16 anyone.
One Man Clan

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:52 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;24024 wrote:
To my knowledge, no body has ever been able to advance it more then a theory?

To my knowledge, it's the best guess we have, based on SOME evidence.

It takes what we already know, and goes back to figure out how it could have come about, reasonably.

To my knowledge, it certainly hasn't been proven wrong.

Quote:
Any scientist i ever talk or read about says it was a caused event. When you ask them what caused it, that is when the conversation goes arye. Most atheist/agnostics like to say it was the flying spaghetti monster. I prefer to think of it as someone who can design intelligently.

I prefer to think I don't know the answer.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;24048 wrote:
There is a period in the question mark. I'm still waiting for an answer which usually comes after a question mark except when it is directed at you. In your case all i get is roundy rounds. Lap 16 anyone.

Don't pretend you do it on purpose, that's just sad.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 01:04 pm
@STNGfan,
The Nature of the Bible and it’s fallacy:
Sometime around the year 30 C.E., Jesus, a Nazarene peasant and charismatic religious leader, was executed in Jerusalem as a political agitator by the roman prefect Pontius Pilate. Despite his death, however, his followers did not disband. They grouped together, preserving some of Jesus’ teachings and some stories about him, which became part of the substance of their preaching as they continued his mission to prepare Israel for the coming Kingdom of God. At the same time or shortly thereafter, these oral teachings began to circulate in Greek as well as Aramaic.
Eventually, some of Jesus’ sayings, now in Greek, were collected and written down in a document, now lost, which scholars designate Q (Quelle means Source). Meanwhile, other oral traditions- miracle stories, parables, legends, and so on – grew, circulated, and were collected in different forms by various Christian communities. In the period around the destruction of the second Temple (70 C.E.), an anonymous Gentile Christian wrote some of these down. This person was not an author, he did not compose de novo. Nor was he a historian – he did not deal directly and critically with his evidence. The writer was an evangelist, a sort of creative editor. He organized these stories into a sequence and shaped his inherited material into something resembling a historical narrative. The result was the Gospel of Mark.
This Gospel eventually circulated beyond its community of origin to others, acquainted with different traditions about Jesus. From surviving literary evidence we know of at least two other anonymous Christians who, independently but at roughly the same time (90-100 C.E.), combined Mark with other materials, both written and oral – the Greek sayings source, Q; extensive references to the Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, The Septuagint; and other, perhaps local, traditions. The results were the gospels of Matthew and Luke.
So Fundamentally the gospels are theological proclamation, not historical biography; and to the degree that they do present us with an image of Jesus, it is first of all the “Jesus” who founded the particular community behind each gospel. By that I mean to say that traditions from and about Jesus spanning this temporal, cultural, and linguistic gap circulated orally; and the reliability of oral traditions, in the absence of independent or convergent lines of evidence, is nearly impossible to assess. As psychological and anthropological studies of oral traditions show, even reports going back to eyewitnesses are far from historically secure. Interpretation distortion occurs at every link because the observer is human. Communication between different people over time, before it achieves written form ( like the gospels), would undergo revision at every retelling. The degree of distortion between what actually occurred and what is written in the gospels is incalculable.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23961 wrote:

Communism is good by definition too.
0 Replies