Is God limited in influence and authority?

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:54 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;70809 wrote:
Perhaps if you had a different understanding as to what a "god" is.

That comes with knowledge. Feel free to educate me at your leisure.
Keep it short.:thx:

Regards
DL
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 07:22 am
@Rehmat,
Rehmat;70811 wrote:
Well many Zionist Jews believe Theodor Herzl is "Jewish god".

They are wrong. Despite the fact that his ghost troubles us still with its unworldly Hasbara barking, Rehmat is the real God: He's dead.

(Well, I was always an optimist!)
Rehmat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 10:20 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;71043 wrote:
They are wrong. Despite the fact that his ghost troubles us still with its unworldly Hasbara barking, Rehmat is the real God: He's dead.

(Well, I was always an optimist!)

Better, then, contact your Rabbi and ask to remove Rehmat' (G-d) name from the Talmud :thx:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:07 am
@Rehmat,
Rehmat;71045 wrote:
Better, then, contact your Rabbi and ask to remove Rehmat' (G-d) name from the Talmud :thx:

The abrahamic god (the god of jews, muslims and christians) is named yahweh, god is merely a title.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;71048 wrote:
The abrahamic god (the god of jews, muslims and christians) is named yahweh, god is merely a title.

On this I can agree.

Our first God was a man who took that title and our last God will also be a man.

As it should be.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

alanpg

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 04:34 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
God is only limited as He has chosen to limit Himself - for instance God cannot lie is one way He limits Himself.
The creation from the universe through mankind is perfect - exactly as God planned - Truly all powerful. What would make you think that His purpose, His plan is any different. His purpose is behind the creation of all we see and for some there is uncertainty, even a questioning of God and looking for answers is fine but consider God has made no mistakes. Even in these little on-line debates the plan of God is being played out - you make choices and they will effect your eternity. God is looking for certain people and some of those characteristics include humility, truth seeking, forgiving among others. Those who seek God will find Him and those who are for instance proud will never come close. We do not like how God does things, we do not like the rules we see in the bible, we do not like the confusion we see in religion. In the latter case God abhors the religion of men I think especially what men refer to as Christianity when it is not consistent with what God revealed.
You might get some help from this website in terms of understanding God as he has revealed Himself. Heaven Coach
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 06:33 pm
@alanpg,
alanpg;71405 wrote:
In the latter case God abhors the religion of men

And yet most of what you've come to believe about god, comes from the religion of men.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:20 pm
@alanpg,
alanpg;71405 wrote:
God is only limited as He has chosen to limit Himself - for instance God cannot lie is one way He limits Himself.
The creation from the universe through mankind is perfect - exactly as God planned - Truly all powerful. What would make you think that His purpose, His plan is any different. His purpose is behind the creation of all we see and for some there is uncertainty, even a questioning of God and looking for answers is fine but consider God has made no mistakes. Even in these little on-line debates the plan of God is being played out - you make choices and they will effect your eternity. God is looking for certain people and some of those characteristics include humility, truth seeking, forgiving among others. Those who seek God will find Him and those who are for instance proud will never come close. We do not like how God does things, we do not like the rules we see in the bible, we do not like the confusion we see in religion. In the latter case God abhors the religion of men I think especially what men refer to as Christianity when it is not consistent with what God revealed.
You might get some help from this website in terms of understanding God as he has revealed Himself. Heaven Coach

What God revealed.:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

All that we have is hearsay for what God revealed.

A lot of it is dogmatic garbage.

How do you sort it out?

God cannot lie? Eve, you will surely die. And yet she did not.
Oops, a little lie.

Regards
DL
theophilus cv

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 09:56 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71408 wrote:
God cannot lie? Eve, you will surely die. And yet she did not.
Oops, a little lie.

Are you saying that Eve is still alive? If that is so, where does she live now?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:26 am
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71417 wrote:
Are you saying that Eve is still alive? If that is so, where does she live now?

No time for idiocies with people that believe in fantasy.

If you think that man is better without a moral sense then we have no frame of reference to discuss Genesis.

Regards
DL
0 Replies