Tax Churches.

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:11 am
Tax Churches.

Churches teach of God, School teach also. Schools are taxed, why not Churches and other entities who teach of God.
This question should not be thought of as an attack of any sort against any Church. I recognize their community standing and am happy to have them around.

I speak here of taxing only profits, like any other entity.

Should we tax Churches et.all.?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 599 • Replies: 3
No top replies

mako cv

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:33 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render until God that which is God's...I think the supposed founder of Christianity made it quite clear...:patriot:
Numpty

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 07:35 am
@mako cv,
mako;63013 wrote:
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render until God that which is God's...I think the supposed founder of Christianity made it quite clear...:patriot:

So how does God spend all that cash?

Crack and ho's?
mako cv

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:13 pm
@Numpty,
I think that Jesus was supposedly making the point that you paid your taxes to the government (Caesar) and you gave God the honor he deserved...nothing about money for the church there...so I would think it meant that the Churches (somethat that the proto-orthodox-to borrow a term from Ehrlman-created) should also render unto Caesar. But then I could be reading into the verse, a sin many Christians commit. :patriot:
0 Replies