• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 4
No top replies

xexon

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 12:42 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I need to clarify something for you.

You've said that Gnosis is polluted by mysticism.

The very nature of gnosis is a mystical experience. It can be no other way. Realization of self on a waking level is what transforms you, not study of scripture based on other people's experiences with it.

You need to have your own experiences. You won't enter the kingdom until you do.

You can't pick the lock on this gate by thinking. You must be able to FEEL. Compassion is the key to the kingdom.

Culture that. Find God.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 01:07 am
@xexon,
xexon;64036 wrote:
I need to clarify something for you.

You've said that Gnosis is polluted by mysticism.

The very nature of gnosis is a mystical experience. It can be no other way. Realization of self on a waking level is what transforms you, not study of scripture based on other people's experiences with it.

You need to have your own experiences. You won't enter the kingdom until you do.

You can't pick the lock on this gate by thinking. You must be able to FEEL. Compassion is the key to the kingdom.

Culture that. Find God.

x

When I say that present day Gnosticism is corrupted by mysticism. I am talking about all the teachings for OBE, astral projection and such other strange phenomena that is being taught.

"Realization of self on a waking level is what transforms you"

Exactly, not dream states, OBE or others states.
Dreams can give information but only to a mind that is awake to evaluate it.

As to the kingdom of God, we all get there.

Regards
DL
mako cv

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:57 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
I have taken much the same trip as you DL, but I ended up with Deism...of course being a 3rd generation Deist probably colored my trip, but like all younglings I had to find the truth for myself and like you I can see a living God, one that has nothing to do with the various false gods of the revealed religions and one that for whatever reasons leaves his creation alone. I guess in a way we arrived at the same destination on different trains...LOL :patriot:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 12:51 am
@mako cv,
mako;64097 wrote:
I have taken much the same trip as you DL, but I ended up with Deism...of course being a 3rd generation Deist probably colored my trip, but like all younglings I had to find the truth for myself and like you I can see a living God, one that has nothing to do with the various false gods of the revealed religions and one that for whatever reasons leaves his creation alone. I guess in a way we arrived at the same destination on different trains...LOL :patriot:

If only there were more of us. Then again many of us do not come out.

Regards
DL
0 Replies