Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 02:00 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58492 wrote:
Why should you or anyone else for that matter have faith in the writings of men? You give no such consideration to other writings of men, for good reason too. Men are wrong more often than not, why have such blind trust in people who you have never met about things that they couldn't possibly know and that are so unlikely to be true.

"To see by faith is to shut the eye of reason", -Benjamin Franklin

I do not have blind trust. i believe none of what I hear and half of what I see. At least until i apply logic to it.

If you have no faith in God or man, then what do you base any thinking on?
Am I to forget my own personal experiences?

Regards
DL
marcus cv

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:00 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Fatal_Freedoms,
You were referring to the Bible as the authoritative source (Eve, Lords' prayer), I wonder to what extend you believe in the Bible? And do you base your explanation only one your personal observations?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:10 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;58498 wrote:
Fatal_Freedoms,
You were referring to the Bible as the authoritative source (Eve, Lords' prayer), I wonder to what extend you believe in the Bible?

to no extent, of which has not already been verified by corroborating historical or scientific evidence.

Quote:

And do you base your explanation only one your personal observations?

I remain skeptical of even my own personal experiences, thus i rely on other sources. If you fell asleep, how would you determine how long you were asleep for? Would you rely on your own personal feelings or on a clock?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:17 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58494 wrote:
I do not have blind trust.

Then what would you call believing every word of a text that was written thousands of years ago by unknown authors?

Quote:
i believe none of what I hear and half of what I see. At least until i apply logic to it.

Define logic. Then define the words that make up that definition, and then define the words that make up those definitions and so forth.

Quote:
If you have no faith in God or man, then what do you base any thinking on?

Rationality. I have no faith in the words of men, but that does not mean i disbelieve everything they say. If those men can show me what they say is true i will be inclined to believe them. Words alone are not enough.

Quote:

Am I to forget my own personal experiences?

No, but it would be wise to be skeptical of them. Be aware that even your own experiences can be misleading.

[/QUOTE]
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 01:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 02:09 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58512 wrote:

on this we can agree.

Quote:
As to logic, if I need to spell it out to that extent then we will not likely agree as to what it is.

My point is that people differ in the ways they apply logic. So from the same set of information two people can come to completely different conclusions.

Quote:

Not having faith in the words of men as you do leaves you to contemplate nothing because all word are spoken by men.

On the contrary it leaves me to contemplate much....particularly the accuracy of what they say.

Believing something simply because it is spoken is foolish to the highest degree, because it leaves you vulnerable to the lies and misinterpretations.

Quote:
God has yet to say a word except to the silent minds of men.

How would you know this?

Quote:

And if you don't believe everything you are told, you are prone to disbelieve what you cannot assure is real, like god, it is curious how this works.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:41 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58515 wrote:
on this we can agree.

My point is that people differ in the ways they apply logic. So from the same set of information two people can come to completely different conclusions.

On the contrary it leaves me to contemplate much....particularly the accuracy of what they say.

Believing something simply because it is spoken is foolish to the highest degree, because it leaves you vulnerable to the lies and misinterpretations.

Quote:
How would you know this?

I know that God does not do miracles. He can only observes and guides those who seek Him/It out.

And if you don't believe everything you are told, you are prone to disbelieve what you cannot assure is real, like god, it is curious how this works.

All that one hears is evaluated, accepted or rejected.

When asked to believe in talking snakes, I tend to reject such a premise.
I have to wonder though how fundamentalists teach their kids about the real live talking snake.

Regards
DL
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:54 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58516 wrote:
All that one hears is evaluated,

and how do you do that, especially things of religious matters?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58517 wrote:
and how do you do that, especially things of religious matters?

Think like the Godhead that I understand and know and see if it fits as an attribute.

IE.

When we speak of a hell, I wonder if a true god would need a place to place His failled souls. Since all souls are created perfect, it does not seem likely that a true and perfect God would screw up the creation of perfect souls.

Therefore, there is no Hell.

Hows that for logic?

Regards
DL
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:51 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58526 wrote:
Think like the Godhead that I understand and know and see if it fits as an attribute.

IE.

When we speak of a hell, I wonder if a true god would need a place to place His failled souls. Since all souls are created perfect, it does not seem likely that a true and perfect God would screw up the creation of perfect souls.

Therefore, there is no Hell.

Hows that for logic?

Regards
DL

I see.

So how do you know there is a god or many gods?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58530 wrote:
I see.

So how do you know there is a god or many gods?

When (saved), none are lost, I found the mind of who most call God. I call it a cosmic consciousness. The spokesman is dependent on the issue at handand who is spokesman for the issue.

It was born with the death of the first human. It calls itself more of what we would call the Word. God's first name if biblical reading and memory serves me right.

It does not do miracles unless just the fact of it's existence is a miracle. Communication is it's only tool.

You might note that much of scripture was writen by those who stated that they were in the spirit when revelation came. Same with me except I call it telepathy.

If you can give any credance to these words you may be interested in knowing that i have a witness as to the reality of telepathy but as to my finding the Godhead, there can be no proof.

Regards
DL
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:16 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58532 wrote:

It does not do miracles unless just the fact of it's existence is a miracle. Communication is it's only tool.

If communication is his only tool then he cannot be all-powerful.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58534 wrote:
If communication is his only tool then he cannot be all-powerful.

Correct.

Have you ever seen a case where any other power was used? I have not.

I think that if God wanted us to believe in miracles, there would be one someplace for us to ponder. No such thing exists.

God would prefer for us to check the philosophy of what is said, not the contemplation of non-existing miracles.

Regards
DL
vadim

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 04:56 am
@Greatest I am cv,
and where do the angels fit in the demographics? you forgot about them.
Also, everybody who believes in God would agree that He is perfect and that He created a perfect man. That is true and biblical. What most people omit is looking at other God's characteristics, such as fairness and holiness. God gave humans a choice of obedience or disobedience. Since God is perfect, nothing imperfect can stand in His presence. Therefore, those that choose to disobey His commands (10 perfect laws), cannot enter into His presence, that is heaven. Hell was originally created for Lucifer and his angels. God does not want any man to go to Hell because Hi is love. Because He is holy, only those people who are justified can enter into His presence. Since because nobody has kept the 10 commandments (telling lies, stealing, misusing God's name, disobeying parents, etc.), everybody is a sinner.. The good news is Jesus died on the cross and took our punishment so we don't have to die if only we believe and accept His sacrifice.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:04 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58545 wrote:
Correct.

Have you ever seen a case where any other power was used?

I haven't seen any powers used whatsoever. If i had, then i'd have to rethink my position of atheism.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:06 am
@vadim,
bubble gum;58546 wrote:
God does not want any man to go to Hell

then why does he allow it?
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 01:52 am
@vadim,
bubble gum;58546 wrote:
and where do the angels fit in the demographics? you forgot about them.
Also, everybody who believes in God would agree that He is perfect and that He created a perfect man. That is true and biblical. What most people omit is looking at other God's characteristics, such as fairness and holiness. God gave humans a choice of obedience or disobedience. Since God is perfect, nothing imperfect can stand in His presence. Therefore, those that choose to disobey His commands (10 perfect laws), cannot enter into His presence, that is heaven. Hell was originally created for Lucifer and his angels. God does not want any man to go to Hell because Hi is love. Because He is holy, only those people who are justified can enter into His presence. Since because nobody has kept the 10 commandments (telling lies, stealing, misusing God's name, disobeying parents, etc.), everybody is a sinner.. The good news is Jesus died on the cross and took our punishment so we don't have to die if only we believe and accept His sacrifice.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 02:00 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;58547 wrote:
I haven't seen any powers used whatsoever. If i had, then i'd have to rethink my position of atheism.

With the stupidity of interpretation of scripture and the faith people place in scripture, it is no wonder that atheists can have such a field day with them. I remember all the fun i had in using logic to destroy the believers of such nonesense.

At the same time, Bibles are a great tool for believers and non believers alike.
I see them as speaking both the words of Christ and the Antichrist.

The Bible tells us we should stone -kill- our unruly children. Who else but an Antichrist would make such a stupid suggestion? Although I have debated some fundies who like that particular scripture and who try to justify this garbage.

Regards
DL
0 Replies