Is this true. Was Jesus lower than angels?

Numpty

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 04:56 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53535 wrote:
No, and I've said why not.

Ok, I was just trying to prick your curiosity.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:46 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Pique.

I guess it's a valid question. But how could you expect anything but major documents like the Bible to survive among accounts of Jesus, even if there were more of them?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
@Reagaknight,
If God or Jesus wanted us to believe in miracles then one of them would have left irrefutable proof for us. the fact that no one did speaks more volumes than those selected by men for the Bible.

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 12:50 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;53550 wrote:
If God or Jesus wanted us to believe in miracles then one of them would have left irrefutable proof for us. the fact that no one did speaks more volumes than those selected by men for the Bible.

Regards
DL

This is the point I am trying to make. How can the single greatest event the planet has ever witnessed, excluding its 'creation', Gods son walking the earth teaching, healing and curing, the sick, infrim and the crippled and there is not one single eyewitness account doucumented or artifact available.

I just find it astonishing there isn't any evidence appart from the bible, which would be great if there were other historic documents to back it up.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 01:14 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;53563 wrote:
This is the point I am trying to make. How can the single greatest event the planet has ever witnessed, excluding its 'creation', Gods son walking the earth teaching, healing and curing, the sick, infrim and the crippled and there is not one single eyewitness account doucumented or artifact available.

I just find it astonishing there isn't any evidence appart from the bible, which would be great if there were other historic documents to back it up.

The fact that ther are no miracles we agree on.
This does not mean that there is no God.
It just means that there are no miracle as yet.

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 01:23 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;53564 wrote:
The fact that ther are no miracles we agree on.
This does not mean that there is no God.
It just means that there are no miracle as yet.

Regards
DL

What do you mean 'as yet', are you expecting any in the near future?

How do you seperate the two? That you know about a God comes from Bible, Mr Jesus is in the Bible. Can you have one without the other?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 02:05 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;53565 wrote:
What do you mean 'as yet', are you expecting any in the near future?

How do you seperate the two? That you know about a God comes from Bible, Mr Jesus is in the Bible. Can you have one without the other?

Why not.

Jesus was not mentioned by the historians of that time.

If the Jesus of scripture was real, I have said that He was a great prophet and Rabbi but in no way divine.

The reality of many in the Bible is in question. Moses being one.
Egyptians recorded much of their history in stone yet no mention of Moses has ever been found. Strange no?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;53008 wrote:
Is this true. Was Jesus lower than angels?

I have always maintained that Jesus was a great prophet and Rabbi but I did not like the idea that He was some kind of hybrid God/Man. I did not give Him divinity for reasons of scripture that did not quite jive. IE He said the time of the end was at hand and it obviously was not.

Hebrews 2-9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Is this true? Was Jesus lower than angels?
How can He be divine in light of this scripture?

Regards
DL

Yes Jesus was made a little lower than the angels or a little while lower when He became a human being. But that scripture that you quoted does not only apply to Jesus; it applies also to humanity. Human beings were made a little lower than the angels for a little while.

Our destiny is to be come infinitely greater than the angles once that person, if he or she is a Christians and at Jesus' return will be will be glorified....our destiny is to become like Jesus as He now is in glory.

1 John 3:2 (ASV)
2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 05:11 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54480 wrote:
Yes Jesus was made a little lower than the angels or a little while lower when He became a human being. But that scripture that you quoted does not only apply to Jesus; it applies also to humanity. Human beings were made a little lower than the angels for a little while.

Our destiny is to be come infinitely greater than the angles once that person, if he or she is a Christians and at Jesus' return will be will be glorified....our destiny is to become like Jesus as He now is in glory.

1 John 3:2 (ASV)
2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.

If on His return Jesus says the same as in the past for Gays, slaves and women then we are in trouble. He played to the rich in these areas.

Regards
DL
Brian764

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 05:28 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;54482 wrote:
If on His return Jesus says the same as in the past for Gays, slaves and women then we are in trouble. He played to the rich in these areas.

Regards
DL

God is a merciful God; if He was not then there would be no human beings alive right now.

God hates sin, but He loves the sinner, but He expects the sinner to repent from his or her sins when He shows them mercy. The world is the way it is because human beings have been deceived by Satan.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (ASV)
4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

When Jesus returns Satan will be restrained or prevented from deceiving the nations.

Revelation 20:1-3 (ASV)
1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.

Once Satan has been bound for a 1,000 years as the scripture says, the world will be at peace. Nations and individuals will come to know God and want to obey Him.

Micah 4:2 (ASV)
2 And many nations shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem;
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54504 wrote:
God is a merciful God; if He was not then there would be no human beings alive right now.

God hates sin, but He loves the sinner, but He expects the sinner to repent from his or her sins when He shows them mercy. The world is the way it is because human beings have been deceived by Satan.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (ASV)
4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

When Jesus returns Satan will be restrained or prevented from deceiving the nations.

Revelation 20:1-3 (ASV)
1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.

Once Satan has been bound for a 1,000 years as the scripture says, the world will be at peace. Nations and individuals will come to know God and want to obey Him.

Micah 4:2 (ASV)
2 And many nations shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem;
Brian764

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 07:23 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;54514 wrote:

I will not ague with you about this...take care.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 07:34 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54521 wrote:
I will not ague with you about this...take care.

Thanks for recognizing the logic of my statement.
There is hope for you yet. Think about it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:32 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53544 wrote:
Pique.

I guess it's a valid question. But how could you expect anything but major documents like the Bible to survive among accounts of Jesus, even if there were more of them?

Please.......never compliment Numpty -- never.He's deconstructing Europe, one brick and/or cultural value at a time. :no:
Numpty

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54846 wrote:
Please.......never compliment Numpty -- never.He's deconstructing Europe, one brick and/or cultural value at a time. :no:

Yup, I am indeed hell bent on handing over control to the mad Mullahs, insisting on sharia law as given and ensuring every muslim family has at least one white person for their personal jihad.

All churches (especially Catholic ones) are to be targeted, the spires taken off and replaced with golden domes and turned into mosques.

Training camps are being setup as we type in my 6m x 25m back garden with planned prescision strikes to take place against the infidels across the pond.

Any plan for equality between men and women is to shelved and the women are to be covered up, head to toe with burkahs.

My one man crusade to rid Europe of all things white is coming to a town near you, join me and save yourself. :thumbup:Very Happy
0 Replies