God is our example. Genocide is good?

wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 10:46 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Okay greatest

And again do not take this personally but your self proclaimed backwards style drives me nuts . I will not go further see my post above.

The Holy Spirit guides me to truth too greatest and the Holy Spirit has taught me a lot from the bible.

But peace my brother. Do not expect me to participate in too many of your backward posts as they make no sense to me. Let me know if you decide to post forwards.

Paula
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 04:19 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;40066 wrote:

You mUST be kidding, right? Oh, please tell me there are NOT a lot of you out there...
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 06:59 am
@Whatever cv,
Whatever!;40401 wrote:
You mUST be kidding, right? Oh, please tell me there are NOT a lot of you out there...

I would think that the more like me who do not believe in genocide, the better it would be for all of us.

If you think genocide is a good idea then get a shrink or state your reasons.

Regards
DL
Brian764

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 08:16 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
God is our example. Genocide is good?

Christians who believe in the Flood, justify God’s use of genocide as a good way to adjust the mentality of a people.

How then can Christians criticize man using the same tool. They cannot unless they also criticize God.
If God is to be our example of moral and ethical behavior, then we must embrace genocide as a viable means to an end.

Happily I do not believe in the flood for the main reason of not thinking that genocide is a good method of solving problems.

God could have just as easily snapped His fingers to adjust mankind. In this way He could not be accused of killing babies and children who were completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

Why did God use genocide if it is a poor example for the methodology of social adjustment?
Why would He open Himself to harsh and perhaps justified criticism?

Regards
DL

God has the power of life and death in His hands; He can and will resurrect all those people that you mentioned. He is God, and all life comes from Him, and belongs to Him, so He has a right to take human life if He so chose. Mankind on the other hand does not....exept when administering justice.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 07:29 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;40839 wrote:
God has the power of life and death in His hands; He can and will resurrect all those people that you mentioned. He is God, and all life comes from Him, and belongs to Him, so He has a right to take human life if He so chose. Mankind on the other hand does not....except when administering justice.

You agree then that genocide is good because God used it?

I do not think that God is stupid enough to ever place Himself in a position of having to use such a tool. It make Him look like a fool who could not find a better way to segregate 8 out of billions.

Regards
DL
Brian764

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:37 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;40891 wrote:
You agree then that genocide is good because God used it?

That's your words not mine.

Greatest I am;40891 wrote:
I do not think that God is stupid enough to ever place Himself in a position of having to use such a tool. It make Him look like a fool who could not find a better way to segregate 8 out of billions.

Regards
DL

God does as He pleased, and no one can prevent Him from doing His will.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;40452 wrote:
I would think that the more like me who do not believe in genocide, the better it would be for all of us.

If you think genocide is a good idea then get a shrink or state your reasons.

Regards
DL

Wait a minute...what forum are we in? Is this not the religion and philosophy forum? And there are some here who believe genocide or any other kind of -cide, is a "good thing"????? You've got to be kidding? Say it isn't so.
Better yet, who said that it was?
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:46 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40182 wrote:
And yet Christ did say in Matthew 24:43, Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. Jesus confirms that a man has a right to defend what is his. Now trying to protect ones property sometimes might result in someone being hurt or killed, yet Christ did not tell the defender here he should turn the other cheek. And where Christ did tell us to turn the other cheek, that was not an example of how we should live. And if it was, then his statement here in Matthew 24 would be a counterdiction.

Oh, give it a rest...I should have known...you'd have something to say.
Christ is now inciting folks to kill one another? Seek help...pronto. I'm serious.
Brian764

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:54 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40182 wrote:
And yet Christ did say in Matthew 24:43, Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. Jesus confirms that a man has a right to defend what is his. Now trying to protect ones property sometimes might result in someone being hurt or killed, yet Christ did not tell the defender here he should turn the other cheek. And where Christ did tell us to turn the other cheek, that was not an example of how we should live. And if it was, then his statement here in Matthew 24 would be a counterdiction.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:32 pm
@Greatest I am cv,

I love how people still think there was a flood that covered the entire earth

fun facts

To accomplish the Flood...

The average rainfall during the flood would be around 400 inches an hour. Moblie Alabama currently receives more rain then any other city in America, it averages 67 inches a year

By the time the rain started the atmosphere would have been so full of rain that the planet could not support human life

here's a fun one, THERE ISN'T ENOUGH WATER ON PLANET EARTH TO DO THAT

independent studies around the world have verified there is no evidence to indicated that a worldwide flood ever occurred

I could go on
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;40951 wrote:
That's your words not mine.

God does as He pleased, and no one can prevent Him from doing His will.

I agree but if that something makes Him look stupid, I think we can say that it is the way we are looking that makes Him look stupid.

He is bright enough to not place Himself in a position of being provably stupid.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:53 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40955 wrote:
Wait a minute...what forum are we in? Is this not the religion and philosophy forum? And there are some here who believe genocide or any other kind of -cide, is a "good thing"????? You've got to be kidding? Say it isn't so.
Better yet, who said that it was?

Those who believe that God acted justly with His Flood.
Those who do not reject the idea of the flood on moral grounds and continue to love a God who would use genocide.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:55 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40957 wrote:
Oh, give it a rest...I should have known...you'd have something to say.
Christ is now inciting folks to kill one another? Seek help...pronto. I'm serious.

Deut21-18

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

God does the same if you read the Bible literally.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:00 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40961 wrote:
I love how people still think there was a flood that covered the entire earth

fun facts

To accomplish the Flood...

The average rainfall during the flood would be around 400 inches an hour. Moblie Alabama currently receives more rain then any other city in America, it averages 67 inches a year

By the time the rain started the atmosphere would have been so full of rain that the planet could not support human life

here's a fun one, THERE ISN'T ENOUGH WATER ON PLANET EARTH TO DO THAT

independent studies around the world have verified there is no evidence to indicated that a worldwide flood ever occurred

I could go on

If God was inclined to He could set whatever conditions He wanted to after the flood. Provide much evidence or provide none. If you believe then you cannot restrict His actions.

Physical proofs mean little.
The moral implications of God using genocide is what should be questioned for proof.

If genocide is moral then God may have used it.
If genocide is immoral then God would not use it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

RedOct

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:14 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Forget God, just take the government, for example. Government breaks every law in it's books on daily basis, yet prosecutes it's subjects for violations of the same laws on daily basis. It executes, breaks and enters, kidnaps, holds against will, extorts, tortures, rackets, stalks, defrauds, falsifies, cooks it's books, etc. Might is right. So, you have many mights to complaint about before you get to God.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 01:16 am
@RedOct,
Good post RED!

RedOct;41389 wrote:
Forget God, just take the government, for example. Governments break every law in their books on daily basis, yet prosecute their subjects for violations of the same laws. They execute, break and enter, kidnap, incarcerate, extort, torture, racket, stalk, defraud, etc. Might is right. So, you have many mights to complaint about before you get to God.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 09:39 am
@RedOct,
RedOct;41389 wrote:
Forget God, just take the government, for example. Government breaks every law in it's books on daily basis, yet prosecutes it's subjects for violations of the same laws on daily basis. It executes, breaks and enters, kidnaps, holds against will, extorts, tortures, rackets, stalks, defrauds, falsifies, cooks it's books, etc. Might is right. So, you have many mights to complaint about before you get to God.

We do like to think that God is less fallible than men.

Law makers breaking their rules may happen as you say but that in and of itself does not justify any of these actions.

If we are in God's image then is this your explanation for us also breaking our laws. Is this the example that God wants us to follow. That it is OK to break the rules that we make. Were rules then really made to be broken?

Was it OK for God to break His own law and kill all those innocent people and keep only 8?

Regards
DL
0 Replies