Those who believe in Hell are intrinsically Evil

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:30 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
You're "Christian" if you like, but you don't follow basic Christian principles. It's much more complicated than you make it out to be.
Silverchild79

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 09:26 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24301 wrote:
Catholic Churches do seem to be nicer than most others. All a Vatican plot, I'm sure.

no you guys just have a great sense of ritual, probably largely drawn from the pagan seasoning. But still cool is cool, I'll take a holy water fountain over a Baptist Chorus any day, it just feels more Godly. Even if I subscribe to neither
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 07:19 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24454 wrote:
You're "Christian" if you like, but you don't follow basic Christian principles. It's much more complicated than you make it out to be.

Jesus said bring me the children. To teach children, how complicated can it be.
Those who complicate it are the ones who cannot see the forest for the trees.
Start simple, like with the notion that there really is a God.
Think from His point of view.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 06:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;24461 wrote:
no you guys just have a great sense of ritual, probably largely drawn from the pagan seasoning. But still cool is cool, I'll take a holy water fountain over a Baptist Chorus any day, it just feels more Godly. Even if I subscribe to neither

Okay, but holy water (and oil) go back to Jesus in some form or another.

Nice job equating yourself to Jesus, Greatest.:thumbup:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:51 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24514 wrote:
Okay, but holy water (and oil) go back to Jesus in some form or another.

Nice job equating yourself to Jesus, Greatest.:thumbup:

It is easier to see the bottom from the top.
Did He not say to follow Him. Right to the top.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Outside of the book religions most ..spiritual tradition see the greater divine as an indifferent entity....neither good nor evil....and that would likely include the pagan religions that predated Christianity, Judaism and Islam and the Persian monotheistic Zoroastrian religions which be the way predate all three.
In this philosophy People are uplifted or condemned by their actions not by a ritual devotion. There is no polar opposite. There is good and evil in each person and in each spirit...Hell as a place for the unsaved is strictly a Judeo Christian concept. Chinese hell is more like purgatory jail sentence where people go to redeem themselves and in mant pagan religions all spirits go to the same place unless they meet certain requirements...valhalla, Olympus, whatever

People are connected to the divine in this form of thought by spirits who are be some means or another more human and therefore less indifferent to human flaws and also more fallible by any standards...In Catholic philosophy this belief takes the form of Saint worship and it is the function that Christ also serves in Christian religion and to some extant the prophet of Islam Muhammad serves in that religion...long story short ...no it doesn't but belief in the evangilical hell does seem to have its flaws
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 09:52 am
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;24575 wrote:
Outside of the book religions most ..spiritual tradition see the greater divine as an indifferent entity....neither good nor evil....and that would likely include the pagan religions that predated Christianity, Judaism and Islam and the Persian monotheistic Zoroastrian religions which be the way predate all three.
In this philosophy People are uplifted or condemned by their actions not by a ritual devotion. There is no polar opposite. There is good and evil in each person and in each spirit...Hell as a place for the unsaved is strictly a Judeo Christian concept. Chinese hell is more like purgatory jail sentence where people go to redeem themselves and in mant pagan religions all spirits go to the same place unless they meet certain requirements...valhalla, Olympus, whatever

People are connected to the divine in this form of thought by spirits who are be some means or another more human and therefore less indifferent to human flaws and also more fallible by any standards...In Catholic philosophy this belief takes the form of Saint worship and it is the function that Christ also serves in Christian religion and to some extant the prophet of Islam Muhammad serves in that religion...long story short ...no it doesn't but belief in the evangilical hell does seem to have its flaws

That it does.
The wort is making God unjust and further, it says that God fails in creating Perfect souls.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:33 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24236 wrote:
Jesus places Himself between us and God.
He was overstepping His limits and was wrong to do so.
We are all tied directly to God and are locked in the moment our soul is born.
Jesus was our best and last prophet. He was wrong on a few items. the above as well as the physical resurrection and His end time predictions.

Regards
DL

The Bible clearly states that there is no mediator between man and God but the man Christ Jesus. Jesus was the one the Old Testament said would come to die for the sins of the world. Jesus did not overstep His limits, you simply donot believe what the Bible clearly states. And of course when you base your religious view on your own imagination, I can see how that might happen.
Now if I'm wrong, could you tell us how you came to that conclusion? And could you please tell us what endtime prediction that Jesus made was wrong. Chapter and verse please.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:34 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
In Catholic philosophy this belief takes the form of Saint worship and it is the function that Christ also serves in Christian religion and to some extant the prophet of Islam Muhammad serves in that religion

Can we please drop the saint worship thing? Catholics do not worship saints.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:06 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24759 wrote:
The Bible clearly states that there is no mediator between man and God but the man Christ Jesus. Jesus was the one the Old Testament said would come to die for the sins of the world. Jesus did not overstep His limits, you simply donot believe what the Bible clearly states. And of course when you base your religious view on your own imagination, I can see how that might happen.
Now if I'm wrong, could you tell us how you came to that conclusion? And could you please tell us what endtime prediction that Jesus made was wrong. Chapter and verse please.

Jesus said that the time of the end was at hand. It clearly was not.
If Jesus died to forgive all sin then why would He say that now that all sin is forgiven you still have to go through me to get to God. This makes no sence if Jesus was part of the trinity to begin with. Right?
And He could not restrict anyone because none die with sin on their soul. Under what grounds could He restrict anyone unless He admits to not forgiving all sin.

Jesus, Jesus, please make up your mind.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:07 am
@Greatest I am cv,
If Jesus is God, how can He be called a mediator between man and God?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:24 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24788 wrote:
Jesus said that the time of the end was at hand. It clearly was not.
If Jesus died to forgive all sin then why would He say that now that all sin is forgiven you still have to go through me to get to God. This makes no sence if Jesus was part of the trinity to begin with. Right?
And He could not restrict anyone because none die with sin on their soul. Under what grounds could He restrict anyone unless He admits to not forgiving all sin.

Jesus, Jesus, please make up your mind.

Regards
DL

The last part of my post asks for chapter and verse, I would like to read the full context of where Jesus said the time of the end was at hand. I do believe Jesus made the statement just want to make sure we are on the same page. Jesus clearly states that before the end would come that this Gospel would be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. To believe that Jesus thought that the end of time was going to happen soon would require you ignore most of Scripture. Jesus said all sin would be forgiven (ONLY) if you went through Him. A review of what Jesus said clearly bears that out. Jesus never said all sin is forgiven. And Scripture also states that if you confess your sin and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, then you would be saved. The Bible does not issue blank checks for world salvation. Actually the Bible indicates that most of the world is lost.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24888 wrote:
The last part of my post asks for chapter and verse, I would like to read the full context of where Jesus said the time of the end was at hand. I do believe Jesus made the statement just want to make sure we are on the same page. Jesus clearly states that before the end would come that this Gospel would be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. To believe that Jesus thought that the end of time was going to happen soon would require you ignore most of Scripture. Jesus said all sin would be forgiven (ONLY) if you went through Him. A review of what Jesus said clearly bears that out. Jesus never said all sin is forgiven. And Scripture also states that if you confess your sin and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, then you would be saved. The Bible does not issue blank checks for world salvation. Actually the Bible indicates that most of the world is lost.

1 Peter 4:7
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

The Bible is our best road map to God and Jesus is our best guide but you rely too much on the written word and not enough on your own God given intelligence.
If all or most of the world is lost, does that not indicate that either God is a looser or you are reading Him wrong. Does a God not, by His very name, need to be a winner? Of course He must be.
When Jesus reports the forgiveness of sin, do you think He would report that He forgave "some" sin. Not likely. No half measures for Jesus. Savior is savior for all.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 10:41 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24900 wrote:
1 Peter 4:7
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

The Bible is our best road map to God and Jesus is our best guide but you rely too much on the written word and not enough on your own God given intelligence.
If all or most of the world is lost, does that not indicate that either God is a looser or you are reading Him wrong. Does a God not, by His very name, need to be a winner? Of course He must be.
When Jesus reports the forgiveness of sin, do you think He would report that He forgave "some" sin. Not likely. No half measures for Jesus. Savior is savior for all.

Regards
DL

Jesus saying the end of all things is at hand is not like Jesus saying I will be back in 2 weeks. Jesus had already told them that a number of things had to happen first, so to make an arguement that Jesus was wrong would be a stretch. Also I believe it was Peter who told us that God's timeing was different than ours. I believe he stated that one day with God is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as one day.
God is not a losser because people hate Him, God is looking for people who will love Him. (The Bible does not report all people are forgiven.) In 1 John 5:12 it reads. He that hath the Son HATH LIFE; and he that hath not the Son of God (HATH NOT LIFE.) Jesus is the Savior (ONLY) for those who accept Him as Savior.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, (THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
Now who are the people that are to have everlasting life? Is it the whole world? NO. It is the ones who BELIEVE in Gods Son. And that is the person of Jesus Christ. The Bible is very clear on this.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:33 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25086 wrote:
Jesus saying the end of all things is at hand is not like Jesus saying I will be back in 2 weeks. Jesus had already told them that a number of things had to happen first, so to make an arguement that Jesus was wrong would be a stretch. Also I believe it was Peter who told us that God's timeing was different than ours. I believe he stated that one day with God is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as one day.
God is not a losser because people hate Him, God is looking for people who will love Him. (The Bible does not report all people are forgiven.) In 1 John 5:12 it reads. He that hath the Son HATH LIFE; and he that hath not the Son of God (HATH NOT LIFE.) Jesus is the Savior (ONLY) for those who accept Him as Savior.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, (THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
Now who are the people that are to have everlasting life? Is it the whole world? NO. It is the ones who BELIEVE in Gods Son. And that is the person of Jesus Christ. The Bible is very clear on this.

At hand is at hand.
Funny how your Bible is literal but my quotes are not.

And yet you reduce the impact of the sacrifice of God by saying that He just forgave some sin here and there.
The savior is only a tiny saviour. He can only save a few.
What a waste of the death of God's son.

As my post statement reads, you are intrinsically evil and have no idea of the garbage that comes out of your mouth.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 09:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25102 wrote:
At hand is at hand.
Funny how your Bible is literal but my quotes are not.

And yet you reduce the impact of the sacrifice of God by saying that He just forgave some sin here and there.
The savior is only a tiny saviour. He can only save a few.
What a waste of the death of God's son.

As my post statement reads, you are intrinsically evil and have no idea of the garbage that comes out of your mouth.

Regards
DL

So when the Bible says (At Hand) that means 3 weeks to you, or is it 4 months? Can you give me exact time for (AT HAND) ? And if you recall what Peter has told us in that same Book. In Gods time, 2,000 years in our time is but two days in Gods.
And I have not reduced the impact of Christ sacrifice. I just believe in what the Bible teaches, and I have not ignored Christ own Words. Can you show me the verse which states that all the earth is saved? Because I can show you many verses that state that only those WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST are saved.
And you don't believe in most of the Bible anyway, so why do you believe Christ saved anyone?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 03:42 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25196 wrote:
So when the Bible says (At Hand) that means 3 weeks to you, or is it 4 months? Can you give me exact time for (AT HAND) ? And if you recall what Peter has told us in that same Book. In Gods time, 2,000 years in our time is but two days in Gods.
And I have not reduced the impact of Christ sacrifice. I just believe in what the Bible teaches, and I have not ignored Christ own Words. Can you show me the verse which states that all the earth is saved? Because I can show you many verses that state that only those WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST are saved.
And you don't believe in most of the Bible anyway, so why do you believe Christ saved anyone?

Go away, you are not here to debate.

Regards
DL
0 Replies