Those who believe in Hell are intrinsically Evil

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:22 pm
Those who believe in Hell are intrinsically Evil, as far as Christians are concerned.
The good news is they can be and are saved.
Christ, implies redeemer, savior, etc. Jesus, the Christ and His death means the forgiveness of sin and an end to Hell. Any that disagree would in be against Jesus and become Antichrist.

Am I interpreting Christianity and Christ, the label, correctly?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,838 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:40 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
from a Christianity standpoint Jesus says during the sermon that there are circumstances where he will deny you

Christianity is what introduced the concept of original sin, the idea that even a pure man, without Christ, cannot enter heaven.

Which would lead me to believe that by Christian standards the denial by Christ would in fact damn you
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:44 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
No your taking it out of context (just playing Devils Advocate, you know that will be a response from a thumper)
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:21 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;24133 wrote:
from a Christianity standpoint Jesus says during the sermon that there are circumstances where he will deny you

Christianity is what introduced the concept of original sin, the idea that even a pure man, without Christ, cannot enter heaven.

Which would lead me to believe that by Christian standards the denial by Christ would in fact damn you

Jesus places Himself between us and God.
He was overstepping His limits and was wrong to do so.
We are all tied directly to God and are locked in the moment our soul is born.
Jesus was our best and last prophet. He was wrong on a few items. the above as well as the physical resurrection and His end time predictions.

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:41 am
@Greatest I am cv,
any documentation to support this?

it's really just a matter of faith, that's why they call it a belief, it can't be proven beyond what our concept of God is
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:09 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Original sin came from Eve.
Her "sin", is what gives man kind a history.
Without Her sin, we would not be here to argue and if we were then we would be too ignorant to without knowledge of good and evil.

In other words Eve did exactly what God wanted or He would have ended it there.

Documentation.
The Bible is the only documentation available. It is the tree of good and evil.
Jesus did not have a bodily resurrection. Both the Vatican and conservative fundamentalists do not give God a physical body of any kind.
A physical body does not meld well with a non corporeal entity.

Jesus also indicated that the time of the end was "at hand".
He missed by 2000 years.

He also indicates that to get to the father you have to go through Him.
If God wanted us to follow a new master He would let us know directly, not send a messenger.

We have wandered from Hell in our discourse. Do you think there is a Hell in God's back 40?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:14 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
no the fall of man came from Eve

Original Sin is the concept that even a man who has not physically sinned has sinned in his heart and therefor unfit to enter heaven. Esentially meaning that just being a human being was enough to damn you. This was in contrast to the Jewish belief that you could attone for your physical sins and enter heaven.

the best example of mental vs physical sin is Matthew 5:27-28

Quote:
27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'[e] 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;24279 wrote:
no the fall of man came from Eve

Original Sin is the concept that even a man who has not physically sinned has sinned in his heart and therefor unfit to enter heaven. Essentially meaning that just being a human being was enough to damn you. This was in contrast to the Jewish belief that you could atone for your physical sins and enter heaven.

the best example of mental vs physical sin is Matthew 5:27-28

Are you blaming Eve because Adam lusted after Her in His heart?
And why not. She was His wife.
We should all have that sin.
But how does the blame go to Her in the first place. Adam is the randy one.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:33 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am has made a neo-Christian religion of his own and expects all of us to see it as common sense Christian doctrine.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:45 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24286 wrote:
Greatest I am has made a neo-Christian religion of his own and expects all of us to see it as common sense Christian doctrine.

so (except for the neo part) he's just like everyone who starts their own church?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:48 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
No, he's taking an already in place religion (the neo part is important) and changing it in a way that it never has been. If you're going to make up your own doctrine, you might as well do something original.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:52 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
so it's like LDS then?

no two Lutheran Churches are the same, you can pic any two Baptist Churches and they'll disagree on something. By function is is no singular set of Christan beliefs, every Christian has a different opinion, and they all think they are the ones who get it right.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Not my problem, I'm Catholic, remember? The pagan one. Very Happy
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:02 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
well at least you guys all agree, usually, even if you keep changing your mind on issues in an effort to reflect God's "timeless" law...

I love your churches though, the water fountains are cool. St Mary's here in Albany is probably the most attractive building downtown
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
well at least you guys all agree, usually, even if you keep changing your mind on issues in an effort to reflect God's "timeless" law...

We, can do that, actually (well, the pope can): 18And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.[c] 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven." (Matt.)

[QUOTE]I love your churches though, the water fountains are cool. St Mary's here in Albany is probably the most attractive building downtown[/QUOTE]

CatholicC Churches do seem to be nicer than most others. All a Vatican plot, I'm sure.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 01:06 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Christians have the best philosophy. This is why I follow the Bible and the aptitudes of Jesus. Christianity though is not the only road to God. All end in Heaven regardless of religious affiliation. God is inclusive not exclusive.

I do not a new Church other than a universal Church.
I do not like the fact that my fellow Christians view God as a looser who has to make up for past errors.
I don't like them forgetting that Jesus, the savior did His job of saving mankind.
Otherwise His death is meaningless.

Do not wast your time trying to analyze me. Focus instead on the non literal Bible and you will find God for yourself.
Make Him a winner though.
If God is infallible then error is not in His vocabulary. Perfection is all around, see it for the first time.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 01:27 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Still, all your own philosophy, unsupported by any mainline Christian (or those who claim to be Christian) church.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 01:41 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24434 wrote:
Still, all your own philosophy, unsupported by any mainline Christian (or those who claim to be Christian) church.

Christian churches believe that Jesus died to forgive sin.
This is a standard of Christianity. Christ means savior. What did Jesus save if not us from sin?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 02:08 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
But yours is different from any mainstream philosophy.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24438 wrote:
But yours is different from any mainstream philosophy.

No.

What does Christian mean if not a belief in Christ.

Regards
DL
0 Replies