Searchlight is Going aGainst Christianity.

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:08 pm
@ToddPartridge,
You know What Drnaline... Except religion... You and I have agreed on most everything.

I dont like that.

I think you suck and your ugly too LMAO
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:10 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18119 wrote:
You know What Drnaline... Except religion... You and I have agreed on most everything.

I dont like that.

I think you suck and your ugly too LMAO
I Love you too, LOL.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:13 pm
@ToddPartridge,
No we are not going to make out.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:18 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18122 wrote:
No we are not going to make out.
Na, but i'll settle for a little common ground.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:28 pm
@ToddPartridge,
"hawt" , "pwnt" ???? Please inform this old guy what these terms mean. Is it more textspeak?
I refuse to use texting on my phone , guess I am just too old.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:31 pm
@ToddPartridge,
"hawt" is reference to Hot i believe. "pwnt' means you were owned to the enth degree. If i am mistaken please correct.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:33 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;18129 wrote:
"hawt" , "pwnt" ???? Please inform this old guy what these terms mean. Is it more textspeak?
I refuse to use texting on my phone , guess I am just too old.

LOL

Hawt is just another way to spell HOT.

Pwnt is from another forumn i frequent that I shall incorporate here.

Do you know what it is to OWN someone (Not slavery) Or have you ever heard something to the effect of "Dude you got owned" This is usually said when a person gets beaten. IN a fight, an argument or a compettive sport.

The way PWNT derrived is quite silly actually.

Someone said "Dude you got owned"

and later said "dude you got Ownt" This was said being funny with computer slang. Ownt is constantly typod with pwnt. It happened so much that we now (in the other forumn) simply say PWNT whenever someone gets beaten/ owned)

This concludes this lesson, on "Useless computer words that old people dont know"
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:44 pm
@ToddPartridge,
Ty for the lesson, dude. If I could, I would answer u in n3tsp3k - i better give up. I speak 3 languages well enough to get along and understand a great deal of 4 others and can read English, French, Swahili, Spanish, some German, but they have syntax and grammar that is understandable.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:46 pm
@ToddPartridge,
Well arent you a show off... Smile
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:47 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18133 wrote:
LOL

Hawt is just another way to spell HOT.

Pwnt is from another forumn i frequent that I shall incorporate here.

Do you know what it is to OWN someone (Not slavery) Or have you ever heard something to the effect of "Dude you got owned" This is usually said when a person gets beaten. IN a fight, an argument or a compettive sport.

The way PWNT derrived is quite silly actually.

Someone said "Dude you got owned"

and later said "dude you got Ownt" This was said being funny with computer slang. Ownt is constantly typod with pwnt. It happened so much that we now (in the other forumn) simply say PWNT whenever someone gets beaten/ owned)

This concludes this lesson, on "Useless computer words that old people dont know"

I always wondered about that.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:00 pm
@ToddPartridge,
If you think I am a show off because I speak a few languages, you are easily impressed or jealous. The learning of languages in general has been lost in America, and I fail to understand the reasons.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:03 pm
@ToddPartridge,
The reason is complacency.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:05 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;18142 wrote:
If you think I am a show off because I speak a few languages, you are easily impressed or jealous. The learning of languages in general has been lost in America, and I fail to understand the reasons.

Its jelousy Smile Seriously

And to help you understand why americans dont speak more languages, is because of two main reasons ONE we are self riteous we believe everyone should cater to us and speak our language.

2.) The USA bubble that I hear about from Every european I have met and most canadians, is a very REAL bubble and why shouldn't it be. Most of our country is over a thousand miles from any foreign language.

WE dont have Portugese french spanish german italian and a dozen others within that thousand miles.

Its not that its lost, its that we dont need it. Most of us will ever need to speak another language to be succesful or live a full life.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:21 pm
@ToddPartridge,
We may need Spanish soon, at least it is good to know here in Texas, and not just because of illegal immigration, it is really a beautiful tongue when used correctly.
The learning of a foreign language is needed much more than for traveling overseas. The discipline gained by studying languages is necessary for the learning of other subjects as well. One example is the loss of ability in mathematics in the US. Mathematics should be considered a language and pursued in like fashion because it IS a language. Proper use is necessary for real existence, and many Americans are not learning it.
When I went to high school ( in the DARK AGES), I took Latin. I am sure it is not offered anymore except in Catholic schools, and more's the pity. Latin served me well as a learning discipline, helping me toward other learning goals. Yes, we bitched about studying a "dead" language, but profitted by it none the less.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:25 pm
@ToddPartridge,
I can speak mcdonalds spanish

I would love to have had Latin offered in highschool.

I am currently studying Arabic and the Community college here in town. But that is a buisness expense not Just for me.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:33 pm
@ToddPartridge,
Good for you, I know just a few terms, sayings, etc. in Arabic. Learned them in East Africa 40 years ago.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:37 pm
@ToddPartridge,
I learned a bit of Arabic from My mothers ex roomates biyfriend He was a Palestenian.

And I dated a palestenian who spke a little Arabic for about 6 months.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:42 pm
@ToddPartridge,
I learned Swahili as a Peace Corps volunteer in Tanzania 1965-1969. Swahili was developed as a mix of Arabic and the coastal Bantu tongues of the East African coast. Many Arabic words have remained in Swahili.

Wow we certainly changed the direction of this thread!
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:50 pm
@ToddPartridge,
The thread sucked anyways LOL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 03:01 pm
@ToddPartridge,
I always thought it was 'pwnd.' That's how I spelled it if the occasion arose.
0 Replies