religion and politics

markx15

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:47 am
@scooby-doo cv,
He withdrew his statement shortly after making it aswell. He is not as bold as he seems.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:14 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41408 wrote:
That is a distortion of what the president of Iran said. What he said was that there(the state of Israel) ideals will be driven into the sea. Do you have a direct quote/video of what the Iranian president said, or are you going by what was reported in the media?

I'm going by the fact that most members of the United Nations have condemned his statements, and I'm sure their source are better then ours.

Spain said Ahmadinejad's rhetoric had no place in civilised society.
The UN Security Council condemns his remarks about Israel.
Turkey expressed disapproval of the Iranian's words.
Hungarian government summoned Tehran's ambassador to protest remarks made by the Iranian President.
Rome protested the unacceptable comments denying Israel the right to exist.
Britain said Ahmadinejad's remarks are totally out of keeping with the charter of the United Nations. ect. ect. ect. ect.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:38 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41361 wrote:
Politics are things of this world, and those who are off this world are under the sway of the god of this world, which is Satan. And a Christian should understand that no attempt to use politics to make this world a better place will achieve anything good in the end. A true Christian understands that there kingdom is not of this world, because they are not of this world, as Jesus said He was not of the world.

Of course this is what the Watchtower Society teaches, yet if Christians are to be that light on the hill, we need to be that light eveywhere. And that includes the voting booth. If you really want evil to take over, then you will stand there and do nothing. You will make sure that men who really could help make this world a better place never make it into office. And you will do this by not supporting those who care. It's like watching a crime on the street happen, and instead of trying to stop it, you just say to yourself, my involvment here will not make any difference. And then you just walk by, rather then trying to help the person who is being harmed. The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:27 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41436 wrote:
Of course this is what the Watchtower Society teaches, yet if Christians are to be that light on the hill, we need to be that light eveywhere. And that includes the voting booth. If you really want evil to take over, then you will stand there and do nothing. You will make sure that men who really could help make this world a better place never make it into office. And you will do this by not supporting those who care. It's like watching a crime on the street happen, and instead of trying to stop it, you just say to yourself, my involvment here will not make any difference. And then you just walk by, rather then trying to help the person who is being harmed. The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Y'all need to stop drinking the kool-aid....nobody lies better than politicians...and if you believe that George Bush's life and his decisions were motivated by his faith in God...then you need to put the crackpipe down, because it ain't true. George Bush and Co., have been motivated by "profits", and "power"...his association with the Saudi Royal Family is but one indicator of this.
So if you base your vote on what someone says about their faith, or values they supposedly espouse, rather than to look at how they conduct their lives, and concrete evidence to support what they say, then you are naive, and have wasted your vote on someone who has manipulated you...and sold you out.
Another good reason for putting separation of Church and State into action, because they are strange bedfellows, by nature.
Trust your eyes...not your ears.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:23 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41437 wrote:
Y'all need to stop drinking the kool-aid....nobody lies better than politicians...and if you believe that George Bush's life and his decisions were motivated by his faith in God...then you need to put the crackpipe down, because it ain't true. George Bush and Co., have been motivated by "profits", and "power"...his association with the Saudi Royal Family is but one indicator of this.
So if you base your vote on what someone says about their faith, or values they supposedly espouse, rather than to look at how they conduct their lives, and concrete evidence to support what they say, then you are naive, and have wasted your vote on someone who has manipulated you...and sold you out.
Another good reason for putting separation of Church and State into action, because they are strange bedfellows, by nature.
Trust your eyes...not your ears.

Bush stopped the late term abortions and that's one of the things we Christians have been working for. And I know you don't like the mix of religion and politics, especially when Christians still have the right to vote. And it must make you a little neverous especially when one considers how many future Democrats have been aborted. So I guess if you don't like the outcome of these future elections, just remember, every life can make a difference, even if you saw no value in the unborn back then. I'm sure there will be many Democrats wishing some of those people were around on election day.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:30 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41436 wrote:

A very find point. let our salt shine to lite the world.
Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 03:09 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41434 wrote:
I'm going by the fact that most members of the United Nations have condemned his statements, and I'm sure their source are better then ours.

Spain said Ahmadinejad's rhetoric had no place in civilised society.
The UN Security Council condemns his remarks about Israel.
Turkey expressed disapproval of the Iranian's words.
Hungarian government summoned Tehran's ambassador to protest remarks made by the Iranian President.
Rome protested the unacceptable comments denying Israel the right to exist.
Britain said Ahmadinejad's remarks are totally out of keeping with the charter of the United Nations. ect. ect. ect. ect.

Well until I see a transcript or some recording of him actually saying it will maintain my skepticism. It would not be the first time that someone has been misquoted by so call experts. Let me hear him say it, then I will judge for myself if what they say he said is actually what he said….I can think and reason for myself, I don’t need some to pass on regurgitated information to me. After all didn't Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Colin Powel who said Iraq had weapon of mass destruction? …..this turned out to be a lie. As far as I am concern one must earn credibility to my satisfaction before I believe a word of anything they say.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:35 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41465 wrote:

CNN.com TEHRAN, Iran (CNN)-- Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast?10/26/ahmadinejad/index.html

Also Christians have been telling the world for years that Iran will unite with Russia and the day will come when these nations and others will march together against Israel. Do we see any such thing happening.
From Iran's own web site Friday 12 October 2007 Ahmadinejad:
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on thursday that the Islamic Republic of Iran is not to set any limit for expansion of ties with Russia and seeks a durable, effective and all-out ties with that country.

Now really, does Ahmadinejad need to personally come over to your house and speak to you in english for you to get it?
Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 07:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41479 wrote:
CNN.com TEHRAN, Iran (CNN)-- Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast?10/26/ahmadinejad/index.html

Also Christians have been telling the world for years that Iran will unite with Russia and the day will come when these nations and others will march together against Israel. Do we see any such thing happening.
From Iran's own web site Friday 12 October 2007 Ahmadinejad:
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on thursday that the Islamic Republic of Iran is not to set any limit for expansion of ties with Russia and seeks a durable, effective and all-out ties with that country.

Now really, does Ahmadinejad need to personally come over to your house and speak to you in english for you to get it?

The link you provide did not lead me to the information you wanted me to see, and also, if something is prophesied to happen, there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it happening. So yes, the Bible does say that Israel will be surrounded by armies. The problem is we fail to see why Israel will be in such a situation...we ignore Israel's own acts of unjust aggression on others, but there are those in that aria and else where who see it.

If you study the history of the house of Israel (by the way, the State of Israel is not the House of Israel today) in the Bible, you will see the reason why they get into trouble is because they refused to obey what God had told them to do, and went and did what they wanted to do.

There are those who believe or act as if the State of Israel can do no wrong; it is wrong to do this. No nation is perfect, and when someone has done something that is wrong, that one should be told that what they have done is wrong, and we will not support you in what you are doing or what you have done.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 09:37 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41480 wrote:
The link you provide did not lead me to the information you wanted me to see, and also, if something is prophesied to happen, there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it happening. So yes, the Bible does say that Israel will be surrounded by armies. The problem is we fail to see why Israel will be in such a situation...we ignore Israel's own acts of unjust aggression on others, but there are those in that aria and else where who see it.

If you study the history of the house of Israel (by the way, the State of Israel is not the House of Israel today) in the Bible, you will see the reason why they get into trouble is because they refused to obey what God had told them to do, and went and did what they wanted to do.

There are those who believe or act as if the State of Israel can do no wrong; it is wrong to do this. No nation is perfect, and when someone has done something that is wrong, that one should be told that what they have done is wrong, and we will not support you in what you are doing or what you have done.

First let me point out that the Jews today are on the land God gave them. The Moslems don't want to believe that, but the Bible is clear on this. And God has allowed the Jews back into their land because God wants to anger the nations. That land does not belong to anyone but the Jews, and God knows this. This is no time to play petty poltics. God clearly tells us, that in the latter days he would bring the children of Israel out of the nations, and out of their captivity, and He would allow them to return back to the land of Israel.
And God also tells us, He is not doing this for the sake of the Jews, because they polluted His name where ever they wandered. God is doing this so the nations will rise up and try to drive the Jews out of their land. God has prepared a trap for these nations. God is getting ready to reveal to the world who He is. The Moslems hate the Jews but like you have failed to understand that the land was a gift from God to the Jewish people. Of course the Jews don't know God, they turned from Him long ago. Yet God knows them, and when the Jews see that all is lost, when there is no one else to turn to, then God will reveal His power to both the Jews and the world. On that day the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall look up and see Jesus Christ. Zec. 12
The only thing the Jews have done is returned to their land, and this world does not believe the God of the Bible or His prophecies. Only a world filled with idiots would attempt to take Israel by force and oppose God, but I can assure you, that is what a number of nations will attempt to do.

CNN.com - Iranian leader: Wipe out Israel - Oct 27, 2005
hope the link works. President of Iran insisting new series of attacks will destroy Israel.

And as Christians have stated for years Iran will be allied with Russia, also the Bible states Turky will also be allied with Russia, look at what is happening over there as well.
Presidency of The Islamic Republic of Iran News Service
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;41450 wrote:
A very find point. let our salt shine to lite the world.

Dude, I SWEAR I'm not trying to start another war of words with you but THAT'S DAMN FUNNY.

Thanks dude. I needed a good laugh this morning.

"Let our salt shine to lite the world" Very Happy

It just struck me as funny.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 10:47 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41489 wrote:
First let me point out that the Jews today are on the land God gave them. The Moslems don't want to believe that, but the Bible is clear on this. And God has allowed the Jews back into their land because God wants to anger the nations. That land does not belong to anyone but the Jews, and God knows this. This is no time to play petty poltics. God clearly tells us, that in the latter days he would bring the children of Israel out of the nations, and out of their captivity, and He would allow them to return back to the land of Israel.
And God also tells us, He is not doing this for the sake of the Jews, because they polluted His name where ever they wandered. God is doing this so the nations will rise up and try to drive the Jews out of their land. God has prepared a trap for these nations. God is getting ready to reveal to the world who He is. The Moslems hate the Jews but like you have failed to understand that the land was a gift from God to the Jewish people. Of course the Jews don't know God, they turned from Him long ago. Yet God knows them, and when the Jews see that all is lost, when there is no one else to turn to, then God will reveal His power to both the Jews and the world. On that day the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall look up and see Jesus Christ. Zec. 12
The only thing the Jews have done is returned to their land, and this world does not believe the God of the Bible or His prophecies. Only a world filled with idiots would attempt to take Israel by force and oppose God, but I can assure you, that is what a number of nations will attempt to do.

CNN.com - Iranian leader: Wipe out Israel - Oct 27, 2005
hope the link works. President of Iran insisting new series of attacks will destroy Israel.

And as Christians have stated for years Iran will be allied with Russia, also the Bible states Turky will also be allied with Russia, look at what is happening over there as well.
Presidency of The Islamic Republic of Iran News Service

What you're talking about is the old covenant/contract, but that contract has been made null and void by Jesus, when He was crucified on the cross. We are now under the covenant of grace and all that it provides......God no longer is under any obligation to honor that old contract. It's not any more about land and physical blessings, but of something infinitely greater.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:40 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41497 wrote:
What you're talking about is the old covenant/contract, but that contract has been made null and void by Jesus, when He was crucified on the cross. We are now under the covenant of grace and all that it provides......God no longer is under any obligation to honor that old contract. It's not any more about land and physical blessings, but of something infinitely greater.

God does not null and void his prophecies, or His promises, and these prophecies have everything to do with Christ return. And the promises God made to the Jews are in effect today, God does not lie to His people. And that is exactly why we see the Jews in both Israel and Jerusalem today. And that is why we see Jerusalems East Gate still sealed. It is Jesus Christ who will open it. And that is why the Book of Zec. chap. 12 tells us the Jews will be so up set when God saves them from their enemies. For they will see it was Jesus Christ who has saved them. Also, the Old Testament is filled with the prophecies of Christ return, do you think they are all now null and void? When God makes a promise, it's forever. And the only way you could believe otherwise is if you think God is a liar, and you refuse to see what is happening before your very eyes.
0 Replies