Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 05:02 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39366 wrote:
I agree 100%

Matter and Anti-matter. LOL
mlurp

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:21 pm
@aaronssongs,
I miss something or is this between you guys?
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:25 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;39414 wrote:
I miss something or is this between you guys?

How do you feel about religion and politics, do you think they can exist in the same room?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:35 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Definatly, how can you treat the whole with the views of only a fragment? Religion and politics shouldn't mix.
mlurp

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:39 pm
@markx15,
markx15;39426 wrote:
Definatly, how can you treat the whole with the views of only a fragment? Religion and politics shouldn't mix.

Awww I think they go together, it makes the debate better. As long as it isn't heated. looooooool
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:41 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
I must concede to the pure logic of your statement. LOL! Nice one.
mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 12:20 am
@markx15,
truth is a blessing and when it can make you smile that is grand. :cool:
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 02:36 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39366 wrote:
I agree 100%

There is an old quote that states, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. As a Christian I feel if we donot get involved with politics, then evil will surly fill the void.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:02 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40056 wrote:
There is an old quote that states, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. As a Christian I feel if we donot get involved with politics, then evil will surly fill the void.

Evil has already filled the void......evil disguised as good....coming from the Christian Right. Why is it that the Christian Right for the most part are Republicans, and for the most part, said Republicans are anti-minority (persons of color, gays, women, the poor)...they don't believe in social programs which help those less fortunate in society, yet they claim to be Christians and followers of Christ. They support the death penalty, overwhelmingly...and their so gung-ho about this war in Iraq, which is killing innocent lives in the Middle East. Now the talk is about going to war with Iran....how on Earth can Republicans, conservatives take the moral high ground about any damn thing? Please answer me this.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:03 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40056 wrote:

Evil has already filled the void......evil disguised as good....coming from the Christian Right. Why is it that the Christian Right for the most part are Republicans, and for the most part, said Republicans are anti-minority (persons of color, gays, women, the poor)...they don't believe in social programs which help those less fortunate in society, yet they claim to be Christians and followers of Christ. They support the death penalty, overwhelmingly...and they are so gung-ho about this war in Iraq, which is killing innocent lives in the Middle East. Now the talk is about going to war with Iran....how on Earth can Republicans, conservatives take the moral high ground about any damn thing? Please answer me this.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 03:01 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40057 wrote:
Evil has already filled the void......evil disguised as good....coming from the Christian Right. Why is it that the Christian Right for the most part are Republicans, and for the most part, said Republicans are anti-minority (persons of color, gays, women, the poor)...they don't believe in social programs which help those less fortunate in society, yet they claim to be Christians and followers of Christ. They support the death penalty, overwhelmingly...and their so gung-ho about this war in Iraq, which is killing innocent lives in the Middle East. Now the talk is about going to war with Iran....how on Earth can Republicans, conservatives take the moral high ground about any damn thing? Please answer me this.

Many Christians are Republicans because Democrats have imbraced the slaughter of the unborn. And it was the Republican party who took the moral high ground first when they went to war to free the slaves. Perhaps in your thinking, we should of kept them as slaves, and maybe you considerd that an unjust war. And much of the civil rights laws we have on the books today, are there because republicans voted for such laws. Please don't come here trying to rewrite history. It was the Democratic party that opposed the freeing of the slaves, and suddenly they got born again, when they found out free slaves could vote. Yes, some Christians support the death penalty for the guilty, I'm not one of them. But Democrats support the death penalty for Americans most innocent, the unborn. And please don't come here with your fake tears about the innocent lives being lost in Iraq, when the Democratic party has supported the death of sixty million Americans by abortion.
I don't want to see a war in Iran, but I don't want to see an Iran armed with nukes, while their president talks about how Israel should be wiped of the face of the earth. And before world war II, many Americans were talking just like you. "We don't need to get involved in that war over there, let Europe take care of it". That all changed after Peral Harbor. Is that what we need to do this time? Do we have to wait until American cities start to disappear under mushroom clouds? 911 should of been a wake up call for any sane American. It had not been that many years before, that the Islamics had failed to bring down the towers. Yet they continued in their quest, and finally they got both of them, along with 3,000 Americans. Now this same Islamic demented mentality, dreams of a day when they will control nukes. And that dream is not far away, for in Iran, 3,000 centrifuges are spinning daily bringing the Islamics closer to their goal. Should America trust the president of Iran, especially when he has already stated how he dreams of a day when America and Israel will be no more. And next time, all it will take to destroy an American city, is one nuke sitting in the bed of a pickup truck. And one insane Islamic driver who will be more than happy to deliver it.
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 03:04 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40058 wrote:
Evil has already filled the void......evil disguised as good....coming from the Christian Right. Why is it that the Christian Right for the most part are Republicans, and for the most part, said Republicans are anti-minority (persons of color, gays, women, the poor)...they don't believe in social programs which help those less fortunate in society, yet they claim to be Christians and followers of Christ. They support the death penalty, overwhelmingly...and they are so gung-ho about this war in Iraq, which is killing innocent lives in the Middle East. Now the talk is about going to war with Iran....how on Earth can Republicans, conservatives take the moral high ground about any damn thing? Please answer me this.

You and I have to stop agreeing on **** dude.

This forum was so much more entertaining then
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 03:24 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40058 wrote:

amen to that :thumbup:Very Happy
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:39 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40056 wrote:

I agree with you. Isn't that what we have already said. But evil has already involved with the process. It is called money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:30 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;39352 wrote:
a bad cocktail :thumbdown:

Politics are things of this world, and those who are off this world are under the sway of the god of this world, which is Satan. And a Christian should understand that no attempt to use politics to make this world a better place will achieve anything good in the end. A true Christian understands that there kingdom is not of this world, because they are not of this world, as Jesus said He was not of the world.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:28 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40151 wrote:
Many Christians are Republicans because Democrats have imbraced the slaughter of the unborn. And it was the Republican party who took the moral high ground first when they went to war to free the slaves. Perhaps in your thinking, we should of kept them as slaves, and maybe you considerd that an unjust war. And much of the civil rights laws we have on the books today, are there because republicans voted for such laws. Please don't come here trying to rewrite history. It was the Democratic party that opposed the freeing of the slaves, and suddenly they got born again, when they found out free slaves could vote. Yes, some Christians support the death penalty for the guilty, I'm not one of them. But Democrats support the death penalty for Americans most innocent, the unborn. And please don't come here with your fake tears about the innocent lives being lost in Iraq, when the Democratic party has supported the death of sixty million Americans by abortion.
I don't want to see a war in Iran, but I don't want to see an Iran armed with nukes, while their president talks about how Israel should be wiped of the face of the earth. And before world war II, many Americans were talking just like you. "We don't need to get involved in that war over there, let Europe take care of it". That all changed after Peral Harbor. Is that what we need to do this time? Do we have to wait until American cities start to disappear under mushroom clouds? 911 should of been a wake up call for any sane American. It had not been that many years before, that the Islamics had failed to bring down the towers. Yet they continued in their quest, and finally they got both of them, along with 3,000 Americans. Now this same Islamic demented mentality, dreams of a day when they will control nukes. And that dream is not far away, for in Iran, 3,000 centrifuges are spinning daily bringing the Islamics closer to their goal. Should America trust the president of Iran, especially when he has already stated how he dreams of a day when America and Israel will be no more. And next time, all it will take to destroy an American city, is one nuke sitting in the bed of a pickup truck. And one insane Islamic driver who will be more than happy to deliver it.

All of what you have said is pure crap.
I, for one, do not believe that American life is above any other life.
I , for one, do not believe that fetuses are children...therefore the ending of their development does not constitute murder...it constitutes cessation of development...you can go into a fury behind that...but I don't give a crap.
It's my belief, and it is as valid as your belief...who is right? Perhaps no one.
The law of the land is that abortion is legal...until it's overturned...shut the hell up. Dig in your garden, ride a rollercoaster, stuff a vacuum cleaner hose down your pants...whatever turns you on...but get off your tired soapbox.
Do not, under any circumstances insult my intelligence or my heritage by talking to me about slavery....that is blood and sin, and stain on your forebearers, not mine. Some people forget tact...some forget boundaries, and take such liberties...I am highly offended.
And for you to include such talk in the same context as the war in Iraq is disgusting. Maybe we deserve what's surely coming, based on our insane and imperialistic policies. If you don't think that there are powers in the world that will buck us, and buck our indiscriminate racist aggression, then you deny reality. It's inevitable, though it doesn't have to be. But with people like you in the world...I welcome the change.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 06:48 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41371 wrote:
All of what you have said is pure crap.
I, for one, do not believe that American life is above any other life.
I , for one, do not believe that fetuses are children...therefore the ending of their development does not constitute murder...it constitutes cessation of development...you can go into a fury behind that...but I don't give a crap.
It's my belief, and it is as valid as your belief...who is right? Perhaps no one.
The law of the land is that abortion is legal...until it's overturned...shut the hell up. Dig in your garden, ride a rollercoaster, stuff a vacuum cleaner hose down your pants...whatever turns you on...but get off your tired soapbox.
Do not, under any circumstances insult my intelligence or my heritage by talking to me about slavery....that is blood and sin, and stain on your forebearers, not mine. Some people forget tact...some forget boundaries, and take such liberties...I am highly offended.
And for you to include such talk in the same context as the war in Iraq is disgusting. Maybe we deserve what's surely coming, based on our insane and imperialistic policies. If you don't think that there are powers in the world that will buck us, and buck our indiscriminate racist aggression, then you deny reality. It's inevitable, though it doesn't have to be. But with people like you in the world...I welcome the change.

All of what I have stated is pure crap only if you refuse to acknowledge the truth of history. And as you know, those who forget the past are destined to repeat it. And please don't hide behind your heritage because you don't want to acknowledge the truth of the past. I am offended at how quickly people like you can distance the sacrifice my great great grandfather made for the people of your race. Hundreds of thousands of dead Republicans died for your people. AND NOW LETS NOT TALK ABOUT IT? And the law of the land is abortion, and that law is supported by the same party that supported slavery. SORRY, THAT's THE HISTORICAL TRUTH. And that same evil that supported slavery now supports abortion. And sometime's tact has to be forgotten, when others can sit by and watch children being butchered. Children that are seven, eight, nine, months old in blood splashed buckets.
If people like my grandfather had only the level of compassion that I see represented by many voteing Democrats today, I have no doubt slavery may of never ended in this country. And I got news for you, one of my desendents who just happened to be a bondservent escaped from his place in Canada, when his master began whipping him for not combing his horse correctly. As it turned out, that bondservent was my great great grandfather.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:04 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40151 wrote:

I don't want to see a war in Iran, but I don't want to see an Iran armed with nukes, while their president talks about how Israel should be wiped of the face of the earth.

That is a distortion of what the president of Iran said. What he said was that there(the state of Israel) ideals will be driven into the sea. Do you have a direct quote/video of what the Iranian president said, or are you going by what was reported in the media?