Celtic christianity, Catharism a threat! maybe the truth

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:26 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;22235 wrote:
Pope Benedict is no Pope John Paul II, and John Paul II was no Pope John XXIII, ok? Both lost cred, when they could have been more stand up about the US sex scandals....actually moving the offending priests from parish to parish, instead of throwing them out of the church...get real. Besides, I was brought up Episcopalian...and we don't answer to him(them)

John Paul the II couldnt stand up PERIOD. You can not blame him for lack of action during the sex scandals.. Pope John Paul the Second was a great man
couchp

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:31 pm
@couchp,
Hey, time out guys. This is supposed to be debate! As for English. I am, and mine is crap. School was many years ago. I enjoy reading you guys, so come on, game on. Keep it lively, but leave the personal stuff where it belongs.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 01:52 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;23081 wrote:
John Paul the II couldnt stand up PERIOD. You can not blame him for lack of action during the sex scandals.. Pope John Paul the Second was a great man

Uh, which is it....he couldn't stand up period, or he was a great man...somehow, the two don't mix.
And, oh, but I do blame him. All of this sex scandal stuff, has actually been going on for a long, long time...it's the church's big dark secret...the vows of celibacy by the clergy have been "hollow" and a farce, and big fat lies. (My lifetime has seen 4 popes)....because of bureaucracy, and perhaps agendi, the proliferation of these crimes and sins against the church and its' people/children, have gone on unnoticed, unpunished and tolerated, lo, these many years...and to say that the pope knew nothing of these incidents, and was "out of the loop" is akin to Cheney and Bush knowing nothing about what was going on at the DOJ....it just ain't true.
In any event, he( the pope) should have realized the potential "fallout", were the crimes to come to light, which they did, and the church, image and all, are worse for the wear, with perhaps, irreparable damage done.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 05:42 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;23076 wrote:
Oh, major infraction...so sue me. Yeah, that's the editor's dept...I just crank out the content.
My first book...oh, nothing special..just a collection of some of my poetry...it only sold about 600 copies, locally, with practically no advertisement or marketing, other than word of mouth, and friends.
Oh, you think that "the classics" are in need of criticism? I'm sure Shakespere would be reticent.

Yes, and of course, anyone can put a book together, self publish it or get some small time niche publisher to (I don't think most publiblishers would be too excited at the prospects of some upstart poet, no offense, just what I'm sure they might see it as, and correct me if I'm wrong), and sell 600 copies to and through friends and people who are interested in it. I never said that, I said that I could criticize them if I wanted to. And you spelled "Shakespeare" incorrectly.
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 05:43 am
@couchp,
Wow. Sign of the apocalypse, me agreeing with rugonnacry on religion.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 06:07 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;23094 wrote:
Yes, and of course, anyone can put a book together, self publish it or get some small time niche publisher to (I don't think most publiblishers would be too excited at the prospects of some upstart poet, no offense, just what I'm sure they might see it as, and correct me if I'm wrong), and sell 600 copies to and through friends and people who are interested in it. I never said that, I said that I could criticize them if I wanted to. And you spelled "Shakespeare" incorrectly.

Indeed. And duly noted. Another infraction, on my part.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 07:43 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;23053 wrote:
Oh....that must be why I'm a contributing writer to a Texas-wide magazine, with an internet component, and a renown local poet, with a core following and working on my 2nd book.
Criticism? From you? Sacre bleu! I relish it. And who might you be, that I would know you?

Are we suppose to be scared now?
Quote:
Texas-wide magazine
Auto Trader?
Quote:
with an internet component
Auto Trader Online?
Quote:
and a renown local poet, with a core following and working on my 2nd book.
What the name of the first one? Has it been published?
Quote:
Criticism? From you? Sacre bleu! I relish it. And who might you be, that I would know you?
Please forgive him Lord, he know not who he's talking too!
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:23 am
@couchp,
Guy's, guy's, 'focus'. Shakespeare, now there's another potential thread!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:59 am
@couchp,
Well, it's him being the high and mighty correct English guy. Emphasis on the 'high.'
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 07:05 am
@couchp,
Well, lets compliment you both, one on his knowledge of grammar, and one on being a Poet & Author. Back to the debate!

So the church decided on the course, everything else was heresy. Nothing changed until 200 years ago. Only do we 'the west' have true freedom to worship, or not to believe. I wonder what it would be like if the Cathars had won over?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 08:25 am
@couchp,
They would have been wiped out by a larger Crusade, I'm sure. It's not like they would have expanded all that much more, their beliefs weren't exactly the most appealing.
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 08:50 am
@couchp,
Thanks for that, I will study up on this one. I will pull out of this one now, appreciate your information. Rest of you keep debating if you like.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 04:57 pm
@couchp,
power, ego....etc it is the nature of power to seek homogeny and the nature of ego to belive that your way is the only way and that that fact justifies whatever needs to be done to accomplish that
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 06:15 pm
@couchp,
Oh, God, the usual philosphical crap messing everything all up from rhopper. Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
@couchp,
I pray that all Christians will UNITE, and fight together the greater threats that face us.:headbang:
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:23 pm
@couchp,
The purges of Catharism and Celtic Christianity were actually quite routine.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:42 am
@couchp,
If trying to see basic truth of human nature rather than engaging in meaningless junior high debates is philisophical BS then Im guilty...Human beings are NOT greatly complex creatures and most things they do can be traced to very simple things and ideas...oh and bite me
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:42 am
@couchp,
There will be not biting, LOL.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:27 pm
@couchp,
Well, really, you pop up every other week or so and say something all philosophical and vague with all the '...'s and then you disappear for another few weeks and then come back. Perpetually. It can be annoying. And to be philosophical for a moment, seeing the truth in human nature, blah, blah, blah, comes to absolutley nothing in the grand scheme of things, while furthing yourself as an individual in the ways that we have made it possible, including being involved in or being informed about the society which we have built and living in the present rather than mulling over things that no one can explain (without God) all the time, is a better cause. Though I'll go for an occasional debate about philosophical BS.
0 Replies