My theory on our origins.

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:58 pm
Creating something is that is capable of loving is the ultimate act of love. I want to have an open-minded conversation about this. I have been studying religious texts for years and I transformed from an atheist to believing in a higher entity as I dug deeper an deeper.
Lets take a look at the possibilities of our origins. There is evolution, or there is the act of a supernatural God. Right? No there is actually a third possibility that we have just begun to understand with technological advances. This is of course Genetic Engineering..This is a realistic scientific possibility. We will one day create complex beings that will advance and then in turn create life of its own. The balance of nature is so delicate it has to be engineered. The many different species play a supporting role and serve a function in balance. This has to be engineered just perfect. Each organism has to counteract another to keep homeostasis. I believe we are a product of intelligent design through genetic engineering from a more technologically advanced race. The Holy Bible is the metaphoric story of creation... I want some replies then I will make my case with an assortment of passages.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:26 am
@I Understand,
Intelligent design doesn't go to far with some people, but i for one don't see why not. That is the whole premise of religion. Being created by a higher form or God if you will. Whether it proves to be the flying spaghetti monster an alien or humanlike God? All are possible.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:01 pm
@I Understand,
Creation is the only game in town IMO

you can't make something from nothing

the ideas of the big bang, evolution, a 5 billion old earth are not against this

you just have to understand that God uses natural means to accomplish his feats

his ability to control and manipulate nature over billions of years IS the miracle IMO
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:25 pm
@I Understand,
I think it is a goo idea. Unfortunately bible thumpers (VOLUNTEER COUGH COUGH LOL) Will at some point ask a question of your question, Who created our creators.

One other problem, Intelligent Design was a term created so that we could excusably induct relgion into our schools.

You are taking intelligent design away from religion.

As for me, I think this belief is very plausible.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:33 pm
@I Understand,
Well, obviously it can't be an ongoing cycle, either way, you have to go back to when the universe/first life was created. And what started the cycle then? Something, obviously, that is eternal.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:01 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;19711 wrote:
Well, obviously it can't be an ongoing cycle

what makes you say that?

based on everything else we see in natural science all life runs in cycles
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:07 pm
@I Understand,
I meant as in without a beginning separate from that cycle. There has to be a start, it can't have been that way forever, what about before life, the universe, matter? I think if you keep going back far enough, you have to find a beginning, where God made everything as we know it, and perhaps started this cycle, if it exists, or started the process of evolution on planets x,y, and z.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:11 pm
@I Understand,
so then you would submit that for something to exist it must have (at least in it's origin) been created?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:14 pm
@I Understand,
Yes, of course, unless it's God, who can be anything, the one who dictates the timeless laws of nature which are so conveniently suited for our life on this planet and perhaps on others. There has to be one original creator who was not created.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:19 pm
@I Understand,
you say it *must* be that way, yet nothing else is eternal or without origin. What makes you belive God is any different?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:22 pm
@I Understand,
Then what would the origin of God be? The origin of that? How about the origin of the origin of the origin of the origin of the origin of the origin of God? It has to start somewhere, I choose the option of it starting at God.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:38 pm
@I Understand,
off topic and not my opinion but...

have you ever heard the theory that our whole existence is merely a drop under someone else's microscope?
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:39 pm
@I Understand,
Sure, yes, but then where does everything end? God.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 04:47 pm
@I Understand,
This goes back to a question I posed some time ago about the beginning of time and the end of space. Goes right along with the question "Who created the creator?"
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 04:50 pm
@I Understand,
One more question - at what instant did we become human by learning to plan? To think ahead? I was taught, even in church as a youngster, that what separated us from all other animals was cognitive thinking and the ability to plan.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:34 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;19762 wrote:
This goes back to a question I posed some time ago about the beginning of time and the end of space. Goes right along with the question "Who created the creator?"

I would say hat the entity known as 'God' must be the final step. There must be an end to the cycle, something eternal and infinite.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:08 am
@I Understand,
I believe everything is infinite. We are under the microscopes of some creatures microscope and there is some creature looking down on him into infinitum. Its something that we cannot comprehend. Nothing ends and everything in infinite. Who is to say the something is small. We are only going to make better microscopes. I believe everything is infinitely small and large. Because if you have a wall around the known universe. What is behind that wall?
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 10:59 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;19819 wrote:
I believe everything is infinite. We are under the microscopes of some creatures microscope and there is some creature looking down on him into infinitum. Its something that we cannot comprehend. Nothing ends and everything in infinite. Who is to say the something is small. We are only going to make better microscopes. I believe everything is infinitely small and large. Because if you have a wall around the known universe. What is behind that wall?

To I Understand - I understand that you understand, I Understand.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;19741 wrote:
off topic and not my opinion but...

have you ever heard the theory that our whole existence is merely a drop under someone else's microscope?

That would be the Gaia theory.

I give credit for the knowledge of that theory to Mr. Speth, Imagine that LOL.

You werent in my Encore class though, so I dont know if he explained it the same way, but I bet he finsihed it off with that big goofy speth grin.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:18 pm
@I Understand,
Mr. Speth is on the short list of the most intelligent men ever