7 attributes that Jesus shares with the God of the Bible

Campbell34

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:02 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37706 wrote:
Of coarse Jesus shares attributes with god the father.

He said in the bible he does only what the Father tells him too and what pleases the father and that all he does he learned from the Father .

But Jesus is not the one true God, the great I am who had no beginning nor will ever have a end. Jesus is the son of God who was made to rule above all by God the Father.

Or don't you bother to read the bible? Because if you did you would know this? :dunno:

In philippians 2 verse 7. Jesus "made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" Jesus put Himself in that position during His earthly time and became dependant on the Father, yet now resurrected He once again is reigning in heaven with His Father. And in Revelation 22:12-13 Jesus told John, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." If Jesus was a second manufatured God, He never would of made such a statement. For we know that the Father is the first and the last. The only way Jesus could of made such a statement is if He and the Father both shared the God Head together. And if they are not sharing the God Head, then Jesus would be a liar. And we know that is not the case.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:20 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37706 wrote:
Of coarse Jesus shares attributes with god the father.

He said in the bible he does only what the Father tells him too and what pleases the father and that all he does he learned from the Father .

But Jesus is not the one true God, the great I am who had no beginning nor will ever have a end. Jesus is the son of God who was made to rule above all by God the Father.

Or don't you bother to read the bible? Because if you did you would know this? :dunno:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word(Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
You will notice unlike the the NWT I did not dishonestly insert the letter (a) in the verse to make it read the Word was (a) God. Thats what the NWT does to get the verse to agree with their doctrine. Jesus was under the Fathers authority during His earthly time, and thats why Philippians 2 verse 7 states that Jesus made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant. Jesus demoted Himself, and the Scripture is clear on this.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;37712 wrote:

so according to the Bible #1 is actually wrong

I've seen doubtless youth group leaders try, and wouldn't you know it the mountain is still there to this day

or did he change his mind?

I can do the rest of these, and I will, but I have to go to work

I'm running out of time myself but as far as number 1 Jesus during His earthly existance choose to make Himself into a servent and handed all authority to the Father at this time. You can see this if you read Philippians 2 verse 7. Jesus "made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" Jesus is now resurrected and is no longer playing the servant. And in the Book of Revelation Jesus tells John that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. This description is really only for the Father, and it could only be a true statement if Jesus was sharing the God head equally with the Father. And this is just another reason to understand that when Jesus said, why ask me to show you the Father, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:29 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37721 wrote:
The bible tells us that Jesus was created by God as the first of all creation.:dunno:

Died for you your posts are very elementary in nature , the kind of things you would ask a kindergarten bible study. Do you have some higher purpose in your basic questions because if so I do not get it?:dunno:

The Bible does not tell us that Jesus was created by God, and you only got that by taking the verse in question out of context. The Bible does tell us that Jesus made all things and anything that was created was created by Him. That rules out Jehovah. Here again the JWs have this big problem. Now the Bible is telling us Jesus made everything, and then we have Jehovah makeing all things alone and by Himself. When your doctrine blinds you, and it becomes more important than the Word of God, then this Biblical truth will simply escape your understanding. You don't get it. Now WVpeach who made all things? Was it Jehovah, because He said He made all things alone and by Himself, or was it Jesus, who the Bible clearly states made all things.
Who is not telling the truth? Is it Jehovah? Is it Jesus? OR IS IT YOUR DOCTRINE?
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:06 pm
@Campbell34,
campbell

yet in first Corinthians it is all explained that no error could be made in understanding it.

In first corinthians we find that God the father has put all things under the feet of Jesus till the end of the world as we know it. We also see in this scripture that when God the father did this it did not include God himself and that when Jesus has accomplished what God the father set him the task to do that Jesus him self will be subject to God the father so that God may be all and all.

Again here campbell you are picking and choosing and adding mens opinions to what you say. One hint for you campbell. use the word of God to define your view of what is true and not.

Campbell34;37873 wrote:
I'm running out of time myself but as far as number 1 Jesus during His earthly existance choose to make Himself into a servent and handed all authority to the Father at this time. You can see this if you read Philippians 2 verse 7. Jesus "made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" Jesus is now resurrected and is no longer playing the servant. And in the Book of Revelation Jesus tells John that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. This description is really only for the Father, and it could only be a true statement if Jesus was sharing the God head equally with the Father. And this is just another reason to understand that when Jesus said, why ask me to show you the Father, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:28 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37983 wrote:
campbell

yet in first Corinthians it is all explained that no error could be made in understanding it.

In first corinthians we find that God the father has put all things under the feet of Jesus till the end of the world as we know it. We also see in this scripture that when God the father did this it did not include God himself and that when Jesus has accomplished what God the father set him the task to do that Jesus him self will be subject to God the father so that God may be all and all.

Again here campbell you are picking and choosing and adding mens opinions to what you say. One hint for you campbell. use the word of God to define your view of what is true and not.

Yes that sounds good only you have ignored what the Father stated in the Old Testament. He said He made the earth alone and by Himself. There is no mention of anyone helping Him. Im no adding anything, I agreeing with the Father you are not. And if anything you are the one adding to His words not me. By saying Jesus is a seperate God you are calling the God of the Old Testament a liar. Your telling us He did not create the Earth alone and by Himself. One hint for you, stop ignoring Gods truthful statements in order to support your doctrine.
wvpeach

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:49 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell you are adding the teachings and traditions of men and your earthly fathers to everything you have ever said or posted to me.

It is you who are under Satans deception and cannot recognize the truth of the bible.

Christ makes it clear in the New testament and in the old in my opinion,that he is the first born of all creation, the Son of God, the favored of God the Father , the first to be born again of the dead, our Lord and our savior , but Christ clearly says that he is not the one true God the Father , the great I am , the alpha and omega , the el shaddad.

I will pray for you my brother this debate is over. I know who Jesus Christ my Lord and savior the only name by which man might be saved is, and I know this only because the Holy Spirit not flesh and blood has revealed this to me.

Enough of your attempt at insults and sluurs campbell. Honestly God has so dealt with me that I have not been angry in well over a decade. Only those I love with a human love like husbands, children and brothers can hurt me anymore and even then I forgive so quickly I cannot remember the last time I was angry .

So my baby brother in christ, blessings to you and all under your roof this night.

May the peace and love of the savior Christ be with you, I ask in the name of christ the beloved of God the great I am. .... Amen

Blessings and Peace

Paula

PS should you ever actually want to study the Holy Word of God call on me and if its God and Christs will we will study productively together. Otherwise don't expect me not to tell the truth when the lies of Satan are posted by you or anybody else. FYI

Campbell34;38040 wrote:
Yes that sounds good only you have ignored what the Father stated in the Old Testament. He said He made the earth alone and by Himself. There is no mention of anyone helping Him. Im no adding anything, I agreeing with the Father you are not. And if anything you are the one adding to His words not me. By saying Jesus is a seperate God you are calling the God of the Old Testament a liar. Your telling us He did not create the Earth alone and by Himself. One hint for you, stop ignoring Gods truthful statements in order to support your doctrine.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 12:13 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38046 wrote:
Campbell you are adding the teachings and traditions of men and your earthly fathers to everything you have ever said or posted to me.

It is you who are under Satans deception and cannot recognize the truth of the bible.

Christ makes it clear in the New testament and in the old in my opinion,that he is the first born of all creation, the Son of God, the favored of God the Father , the first to be born again of the dead, our Lord and our savior , but Christ clearly says that he is not the one true God the Father , the great I am , the alpha and omega , the el shaddad.

I will pray for you my brother this debate is over. I know who Jesus Christ my Lord and savior the only name by which man might be saved is, and I know this only because the Holy Spirit not flesh and blood has revealed this to me.

Enough of your attempt at insults and sluurs campbell. Honestly God has so dealt with me that I have not been angry in well over a decade. Only those I love with a human love like husbands, children and brothers can hurt me anymore and even then I forgive so quickly I cannot remember the last time I was angry .

So my baby brother in christ, blessings to you and all under your roof this night.

May the peace and love of the savior Christ be with you, I ask in the name of christ the beloved of God the great I am. .... Amen

Blessings and Peace

Paula

PS should you ever actually want to study the Holy Word of God call on me and if its God and Christs will we will study productively together. Otherwise don't expect me not to tell the truth when the lies of Satan are posted by you or anybody else. FYI

If you are angery it is for the same reasons many of the religious leaders were angery with Christ, they did not have the answers to His questions. When you have the truth, there's no reason to be angery. Jesus was the first to be born from the dead, that has nothing to do with being created by God. And you know that Jehovah said there would be no God before Him, and there would be no God formed after Him. Jehovah spoke the truth. Yet you called His truth a counterdiction. You said Jesus said He is not the Alfa and Omega, yet that is not true either, for Jesus spoke to John in the Book of Revelation and told him. In Revelation 1:17:18 I am the the First and the last, And the Ever-living One. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; Jesus is the First and the Last and Jehovah is the First and the last to. Yet they can not claim to be both the First and last unless they are One God. So tell me, if Jesus tells us He is the first and the last, and Jehovah tells us He is the first and the last, who really is the first and the last? I do recognize the truth of the Bible, it is not I who keeps saying it's full of counterdictions, thats you.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:58 am
@Campbell34,
study the scriptures I have given you in my posts and show you are willing to learn some truth campbell and then we can talk and study together.

I am not mad at you, I used to be just like you , I was brain washed my entire life by the churches to believe the teachings and traditions of men over the words of God. I am a ex smoker , I cannot condemn people who still smoke , just as I do not condemn you for what you believe as it is just what I used to believe till the Holy Spirit taught me the truth about God's Word.

I thank God he loved me enough to insist I learn the truth.

God loves you that much too campbel and he wants you to know the truth.

So study my friend and pray for truth before each study and for the scales to drop from your eyes. I think you'll be amazed by what the Holy Spirit will teach you.

Peace , love and blessings to you and all under your roof this day campbell in the name of our Lord and savior Christ.

Paula

Campbell34;38103 wrote:
If you are angery it is for the same reasons many of the religious leaders were angery with Christ, they did not have the answers to His questions. When you have the truth, there's no reason to be angery. Jesus was the first to be born from the dead, that has nothing to do with being created by God. And you know that Jehovah said there would be no God before Him, and there would be no God formed after Him. Jehovah spoke the truth. Yet you called His truth a counterdiction. You said Jesus said He is not the Alfa and Omega, yet that is not true either, for Jesus spoke to John in the Book of Revelation and told him. In Revelation 1:17:18 I am the the First and the last, And the Ever-living One. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; Jesus is the First and the Last and Jehovah is the First and the last to. Yet they can not claim to be both the First and last unless they are One God. So tell me, if Jesus tells us He is the first and the last, and Jehovah tells us He is the first and the last, who really is the first and the last? I do recognize the truth of the Bible, it is not I who keeps saying it's full of counterdictions, thats you.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:25 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Quote:
I am a ex smoker , I cannot condemn people who still smoke ,
Yet your judmental about the "so called Christians" I find that very hypocritical. The old term might apply, "practice what you preach"?
wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:14 pm
@Drnaline,
I do try drnaline to keep judge not least ye be judged in mind.

Alas I am only human , so I still do sin.

But I do not consider speaking the truth judgmental.

I know its true some do not like to hear the truth and it condemns them of their sin and they hate the person that spoke that truth . Kinda like they would love to shoot the messenger. But oh well that cannot be helped.

When a lie is being spoken, against the word of God , you will find me every time speaking the truth. Somebody has got to do it and I believe God puts me just where he wants me to be to always speak the truth about what his Holy Word says.

Peace

Drnaline;38124 wrote:
Yet your judmental about the "so called Christians" I find that very hypocritical. The old term might apply, "practice what you preach"?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:07 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38123 wrote:
study the scriptures I have given you in my posts and show you are willing to learn some truth campbell and then we can talk and study together.

I am not mad at you, I used to be just like you , I was brain washed my entire life by the churches to believe the teachings and traditions of men over the words of God. I am a ex smoker , I cannot condemn people who still smoke , just as I do not condemn you for what you believe as it is just what I used to believe till the Holy Spirit taught me the truth about God's Word.

I thank God he loved me enough to insist I learn the truth.

God loves you that much too campbel and he wants you to know the truth.

So study my friend and pray for truth before each study and for the scales to drop from your eyes. I think you'll be amazed by what the Holy Spirit will teach you.

Peace , love and blessings to you and all under your roof this day campbell in the name of our Lord and savior Christ.

Paula

Well WVpeach once again I see how you avoid answering real questions.
What I am amazed at is how you refuse to believe Jehovahs own Words, and then turn it around on me and tell me how I need the Holy Spirit to teach me.
Will He teach me what He has taught you, that the Bible is full of counterdictions? That you cannot believe Jehovah when He said He made the earth alone and By Himself because He is lieing? Will He teach me that I can't believe Jesus when He said He is the first and the last because He is lieing too? Is that what the Holy Spirit will teach me as He has taught you? There may be a Spirit teaching you these things, but if that Spirit is calling God a liar which appears to be the case, then there is nothing about that Spirit that is Holy. I have studied God's Word, and I agree with Jehovahs and Jesus, and I can see that the organization which you have studied under has made the Word of God null and void. And that is the reason you cannot agree with Jehovah or Jesus own words. It is you who have followed the traditions of men, and the Watchtower society.
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:30 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37697 wrote:
[SIZE="4"]
Quote:
1. Jesus Christ is all-knowing (omniscient)

2. Jesus Christ is all-powerful (omnipotent)

3. Jesus Christ is unchanging (immutable)

4. Jesus Christ, as to his divine nature, is everywhere present (omnipresent)

5. Jesus Christ has eternal existence

6. Jesus Christ is the Creator

7. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all mankind[/SIZE]

Yet, Jesus is NOT God?...

Quote:
1. Jesus Christ is all-knowing (omniscient)

Then why in [Matthew 24:36] Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

Then how come he did NOT know where they laid the man !?

[John:11:34] "And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see."

Quote:

Then why in [John 8:28] Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

Then why in [John 14:28] Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

Then why in [John 5:30] Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

Quote:

He was a child breastfed from his Mother, and he grew up from childhood to manhood. He used to eat, drink, sleep, and he used to visit the rest-room!!

Quote:

This is your own illusion not what Jesus said.

"He (God) is the only one who cannot die. He lives in light that no one can come near. No one has seen him, nor can they see him. Honor and power belong to him forever! Amen." [1 Timothy 6:16].

Quote:

You fabricate this from your own illusion again. Prove it by quoting what Jesus said.

Quote:

Then why in [John 8:28] Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

Then why in [John 14:28] Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

Then why in [John 5:30] Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

Then why in the bible was he described as SERVANT of God !?

"The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.” [Acts 3:13].

Peter further said:

“God raised up his servant” (Acts 3:26), where the title servant refers to Jesus.

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross." [Acts 5:29-30].

Quote:
7. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all mankind

According to the following passages, God (The Father) is the one who will JUDGE the people Not the Son of God (Jesus).

(Heb. 10:26-31). For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE." It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

According to these passages, God (the Living God, The Father) is the one who will JUDGE the people (his people) Not the Son of God (Jesus).

How can Jesus judge mankind if he did not know when the day of judgment would be. Only The Father knows that as HE will be the Judge.

Matthew 24:36] Jesus said: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Quote:
Yet, Jesus is NOT God?

Yes exactly, Jesus is NOT God.

[Mark 10:18] Jesus said: “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”
0 Replies

Adam Bing

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:43 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37697 wrote:
[SIZE="4"]1. Jesus Christ is all-knowing (omniscient)

7. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all mankind[/SIZE]

Yet, Jesus is NOT God?...

Please provide us with verifiable facts on each of the above 7 claims.
0 Replies