7 attributes that Jesus shares with the God of the Bible

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 07:56 am
[SIZE="4"]1. Jesus Christ is all-knowing (omniscient)

2. Jesus Christ is all-powerful (omnipotent)

3. Jesus Christ is unchanging (immutable)

4. Jesus Christ, as to his divine nature, is everywhere present (omnipresent)

5. Jesus Christ has eternal existence

6. Jesus Christ is the Creator

7. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all mankind[/SIZE]

Yet, Jesus is NOT God?...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,801 • Replies: 33
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:34 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Of coarse Jesus shares attributes with god the father.

He said in the bible he does only what the Father tells him too and what pleases the father and that all he does he learned from the Father .

But Jesus is not the one true God, the great I am who had no beginning nor will ever have a end. Jesus is the son of God who was made to rule above all by God the Father.

Or don't you bother to read the bible? Because if you did you would know this? :dunno:
JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:36 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Well when was Jesus created?
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:47 am
@JesusDiedForU,

Quote:
Matthew 24:35-36nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

so according to the Bible #1 is actually wrong

Quote:
And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

I've seen doubtless youth group leaders try, and wouldn't you know it the mountain is still there to this day

Quote:
Matthew 5:17

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

or did he change his mind?

Quote:
Colossians 2:11-14

14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

I can do the rest of these, and I will, but I have to go to work
FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:57 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37697 wrote:
[SIZE="4"]1. Jesus Christ is all-knowing (omniscient)

2. Jesus Christ is all-powerful (omnipotent)

3. Jesus Christ is unchanging (immutable)

4. Jesus Christ, as to his divine nature, is everywhere present (omnipresent)

5. Jesus Christ has eternal existence

6. Jesus Christ is the Creator

7. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all mankind[/SIZE]

Yet, Jesus is NOT God?...

Prove EVEN ONE of these so called attributes.

Either By "God" or by Jesus.

It seems your posts are more opinion than fact.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:05 am
@JesusDiedForU,
The bible tells us that Jesus was created by God as the first of all creation.:dunno:

JesusDiedForU;37708 wrote:
Well when was Jesus created?

Died for you your posts are very elementary in nature , the kind of things you would ask a kindergarten bible study. Do you have some higher purpose in your basic questions because if so I do not get it?:dunno:
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:07 am
@Silverchild79,
Silver child I enjoyed your post and look forward to seeing where it is going.

But could you elaborate a little more ? For instance on #3 I do not think you gave us enough to know what your real intent was.

I would like to hear more.

Silverchild79;37712 wrote:

so according to the Bible #1 is actually wrong

I've seen doubtless youth group leaders try, and wouldn't you know it the mountain is still there to this day

or did he change his mind?

I can do the rest of these, and I will, but I have to go to work
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:41 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37721 wrote:
The bible tells us that Jesus was created by God as the first of all creation.:dunno:

Died for you your posts are very elementary in nature , the kind of things you would ask a kindergarten bible study. Do you have some higher purpose in your basic questions because if so I do not get it?:dunno:

Jesus spoke in parables. He preached complex message through simple stories.

It is amazing how little people actually know about the Bible. I haveto take baby steps with them.

Forgive me if it feels elementary. Keep in mind I have a bigger thought coming.
JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:43 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37706 wrote:
Of coarse Jesus shares attributes with god the father.

He said in the bible he does only what the Father tells him too and what pleases the father and that all he does he learned from the Father .

But Jesus is not the one true God, the great I am who had no beginning nor will ever have a end. Jesus is the son of God who was made to rule above all by God the Father.

Or don't you bother to read the bible? Because if you did you would know this? :dunno:

P.S. I can agree with Jehovah. YOU cannot.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Basically it's the age old "Cannonical Gospels Vs Paul Debate"

According to the Sermon the Law wasn't passing away "until heaven and earth disappear", Jesus goes on to make some running adjustments to the otherwise intact Law (he says no divorce unless your wife is unfaithful, you can now eat pork, etc) and then seals the deal at the Last Supper.

Paul on the other hand claims he spoke directly to Jesus during his travels, yet somehow Jesus fails to bring him up to speed on how things have changed from the OT prophesies. If you go back to the Old Testament and read about the Christ to come it aligns very well with what Paul taught. In fact he directly quotes it more then once.

But the Gospels on the other hand tell us of a Christ who modified but did not put away the law, nor fulfilled the 70 years of weeks. In this way Jesus did change things and the contrast with Paul (who is second in NT composition by volume behind Luke) is often downplayed by clergy.
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37740 wrote:

[SIZE="3"] I must say , most of your posts seem purposely misleading. And lacking real truth about the bible. I have given you plenty of time to get to the point and you still post silly stuff like this I have quoted here. [/SIZE]

And that is not a good thing to do on a forum where many may look at this thread and be led astray by your conniving ways and 1/2 truths. if they do not know the bible and I suspect as many come here who do not as do know the Holy Word. So shame on you, quit being evasive , get to the point or stop!

Please get to the point died for you and quit with the 1/2 truths and you do know that in Greek and hebrew it is Yaweh. Jehovah is a english invention and no where in the original texts of the sacred scriptures.

I certainly agree with God the great Yaweh in all things, doesn't matter if I disagree anyway , God is right and I am wrong.

Please get to your point as this is getting old and not worth mine or anybody elses time
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:46 am
@Silverchild79,
Silver child

again I find this post of yours fascinating . And you seem like a reasonable person to discuss the scriptures with so I'm game.

Am I taking from your posts that you agree Christ did not do away with Gods commands , holy days and sabbath from the OT?

I do not believe he did , I believe Christ only clarified what Father God said , not did away with it. But I am ever learning about the Holy Word and expect that will continue as long as I am alive. So I welcome study partners when I can find civil ones.

Maybe we can study this together in a fruitful way on another thread, as it seems died for you only means to hit and run with short statements that make no sense to me so I am about to give this one up.

Silverchild79;37742 wrote:
Basically it's the age old "Cannonical Gospels Vs Paul Debate"

According to the Sermon the Law wasn't passing away "until heaven and earth disappear", Jesus goes on to make some running adjustments to the otherwise intact Law (he says no divorce unless your wife is unfaithful, you can now eat pork, etc) and then seals the deal at the Last Supper.

Paul on the other hand claims he spoke directly to Jesus during his travels, yet somehow Jesus fails to bring him up to speed on how things have changed from the OT prophesies. If you go back to the Old Testament and read about the Christ to come it aligns very well with what Paul taught. In fact he directly quotes it more then once.

But the Gospels on the other hand tell us of a Christ who modified but did not put away the law, nor fulfilled the 70 years of weeks. In this way Jesus did change things and the contrast with Paul (who is second in NT composition by volume behind Luke) is often downplayed by clergy.
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Well I am not one of those people who do not know the bible .

So you can go faster please and a entire cognitive thought would be nice too.

JesusDiedForU;37739 wrote:
Jesus spoke in parables. He preached complex message through simple stories.

It is amazing how little people actually know about the Bible. I haveto take baby steps with them.

Forgive me if it feels elementary. Keep in mind I have a bigger thought coming.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:46 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37761 wrote:
Silver child

again I find this post of yours fascinating . And you seem like a reasonable person to discuss the scriptures with so I'm game.

Am I taking from your posts that you agree Christ did not do away with Gods commands , holy days and sabbath from the OT?

I do not believe he did , I believe Christ only clarified what Father God said , not did away with it. But I am ever learning about the Holy Word and expect that will continue as long as I am alive. So I welcome study partners when I can find civil ones.

Maybe we can study this together in a fruitful way on another thread, as it seems died for you only means to hit and run with short statements that make no sense to me so I am about to give this one up.

it's just silverchild no space. I'm pushing 30 so while I wish I was a child I'm afraid I'm losing grasp on my youth, although I was carded three times at the Ducks game :-)

My concern with modern Christianity is how little they know about the Bible. Not the word for word text, but rather how it came to be. For example the choice of conservative protestants these days is the KJV (not the NKJV), the irony is for the first 100years after it's release Protestants wouldn't touch it because they felt it was too much like the Latin Vulgar

Going further, most Christians view the Gospels as some authoritative journal kept by the apostles, when in fact they are not.

The oldest Gospel is John, and the oldest version on earth dates back to roughly 125CE (about 90 years post crucifixion and therefore not actually written by john unless he wrote it well after his 100th birthday). An interesting note is that this very early gospel doesn't actually say anything of a resurrection, in fact that won't appear in writing for another 30 years. Christian Apologists, such as those interviewed for Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ" (which I've read) say that prior to the writing of the Gospels they were passed along as oral traditions. Even the apologists claim that in that day only 40-60% of the source document would have remained pure from oral tradition.

Yet to this day there are uneducated people, who claim to be "true believers" who ignorantly overlook many of the glaring contradictions in the Bible claiming that those who find them just "misunderstand". I simply do not attempt to draw a line connecting dots which do not join...
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 12:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have done a lot of studying about the origins of the bible silverchild.

I know exactly where you are coming from, and what you say is completely true in the above posts.

I can attest to the fact there is much that God will teach you from any bible , even the very poor translation that is the KJV.

I have great faith and know its not always straight by the bible that God teaches us .

How about your faith silverchild? Tell me about it if you feel like it.

But for the rest of this afternoon I am going to enjoy the great out doors.

Its gorgeous here today. About 75 degrees sunny and the leaves are changing . My mountains look like they are gussed up for company coming. Think I'll go appreciate them
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:12 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37798 wrote:
How about your faith silverchild? Tell me about it if you feel like it.

I disclosed my spiritual beliefs here

http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1938/
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 07:28 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37740 wrote:

I have no idea what this statement of yours means.

comment removed explain yourself
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 07:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well I read the link. Think I have a idea of where you are at.

but still not sure. Ah well we will get to know each other which will be fun and then we 'll know.

Silverchild79;37807 wrote:
I disclosed my spiritual beliefs here

http://www.conflictingviews.com/t1938/
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:37 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37850 wrote:
I have no idea what this statement of yours means.

comment removed explain yourself

Jehovah created the world ALONE and BY HIMSELF

Jesus created the universe

How was Jesus a part of creation if Jesus is NOT part of God?

Peach you cannot agree with your own Scriptures.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:41 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37762 wrote:
Well I am not one of those people who do not know the bible .

So you can go faster please and a entire cognitive thought would be nice too.

I thought the trinity was a Bible basic as the majority of Christians believe that Jesus and God are One. Yet, you proved me wrong.. Thus, I will continue to speak very basic so I know specifcally what people believe.
0 Replies