Fossil Discovery put's another nail in Evolutions timeline

0Megabyte

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:38 am
@Campbell34,
I wonder who they're paying to chisel all these fossil rocks, then... clearly you could just follow the money. It'd have to come from somewhere.
bisurge

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:46 am
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;69705 wrote:
I wonder who they're paying to chisel all these fossil rocks, then... clearly you could just follow the money. It'd have to come from somewhere.

If an art class can chisel statues of crude, inaccurate men, then I think anybody can chisel crude, inaccurate footprints.
0Megabyte

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:47 am
@bisurge,
Ugh, I believe I misunderstood something. Being tired does that.

Anyway, looking at this "fossil"... yeah, I don't buy it either.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:35 pm
@0Megabyte,
The dinosaur footprint looks like something out of a cartoon.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 12:17 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;69783 wrote:
The dinosaur footprint looks like something out of a cartoon.

You could say the samething about most dinosaur prints, so lets dismiss them all. Oh thats right, we don't have to dismiss them unless they show us something we don't want to believe.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:10 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;70206 wrote:
You could say the samething about most dinosaur prints, so lets dismiss them all. Oh thats right, we don't have to dismiss them unless they show us something we don't want to believe.

or unless they can be examined and verified by experts using various chemical tests.
0 Replies

Bretthoffy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 10:14 am
@Campbell34,
Hello God People and like me Not God people. How can we sit here and argue over something that doesnt exist? The whole point of being a God Wisher is because your own Id is not up to the conceptualization of Reality.Thats called God. We non believers have fun when we listen to your pretend science to gratify your not understanding of the realities of existence and i got a say the U.S.A. is a breeding ground for fun and entertainment for us down under. Dinosaur prints and pseudoscience equal creationism and creationism represents delusion most profound and profound delusionism is expressed in the republican dinosaur of fundamental Christianity.
kynaston

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:20 am
@Bretthoffy,
I think you must be a bit puffed after that last sentence, Brett: I expect that you are being chased by holy republican dinosaurs who want to step on your feet. The backwoods of the US are beginning to resemble the Middle Ages in Europe, aren't they, full of sacred and unlikely relics too valuable to be submitted to investigation? Sancta simplicitas!
Bretthoffy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 10:16 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;71111 wrote:
I think you must be a bit puffed after that last sentence, Brett: I expect that you are being chased by holy republican dinosaurs who want to step on your feet. The backwoods of the US are beginning to resemble the Middle Ages in Europe, aren't they, full of sacred and unlikely relics to valuable to be submitted to investigation? Sancta simplicitas!

havent been around much lately so i,m a bit rusty but Strewth America is the dinosaur Capital of the world leaving big nasty footprints everywhere. Wait i think i saw a dinosaur at my window. Must have been an American creationist the shoe size is HUGE and the treads packed with poop.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 10:47 am
@Bretthoffy,
Brett.hoffy;71044 wrote:
Hello God People and like me Not God people. How can we sit here and argue over something that doesnt exist? The whole point of being a God Wisher is because your own Id is not up to the conceptualization of Reality.Thats called God. We non believers have fun when we listen to your pretend science to gratify your not understanding of the realities of existence and i got a say the U.S.A. is a breeding ground for fun and entertainment for us down under. Dinosaur prints and pseudoscience equal creationism and creationism represents delusion most profound and profound delusionism is expressed in the republican dinosaur of fundamental Christianity.

I hear you have a few 'crazies' in Australia as well. Probably not as common as we have them in the states.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 02:37 am
@Bretthoffy,
Brett.hoffy;71044 wrote:

The Delk Track does exist, and only the delusional would deny it. And only an evolutionest would ignore it. Consider the link bleow.

Investigating the "Delk track"

And just like the delk track, or the ica burial stones, or the El Toro figurienes. You can't get a believer in evolution to do a scientific review on such evidence. Why is that?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 02:43 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;71320 wrote:
I hear you have a few 'crazies' in Australia as well. Probably not as common as we have them in the states.

I believe the real crazies are the ones who continue to ignore the evidence, and imbrace myths that have no evidence at all.

Delk Track
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:54 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;71756 wrote:
I believe the real crazies are the ones who continue to ignore the evidence, and imbrace myths that have no evidence at all.

Delk Track

There are a number of things I find suspicious about this:

1. The human Big-Toe is far too deep and juts off at a very strange angle.
2. The print was found in location where known hoaxes have been produced in the past
3. The print wasn't revealed until 8 YEARS after it's discovery
4. Alvis at the time was selling his personal possessions at the time to pay for medical bills.
5. It was found in proximity to a creation museum
6. The print was not released to the general scientific community
7. If the dinosaur making the print was several thousand pounds heavier than the human shouldn't the dino print be many times deeper?
8. The "staircase" between two of the dino toes clearly shows several different layers, if the print was created in a single action we would not see this.
9. the human toes are abnormally long.

Please refer to page two for a fuller examination.
russ cv

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 12:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Anyone who has a problem with the concept of evolution doesn't understand it. It's not complicated, but it is astounding how many people do not grasp it. Even naturalist journalists from time to time betray their lack of understanding. I put it down to being raised in an environment of deliberate planning, designing and engineering. People battle to break their thinking habits. Similar thing for considering nations without government, or life without purpose. Frankly, I find the discussion somewhat embarrassing.
Hawkins cv

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:44 am
@russ cv,
russ;71768 wrote:
Anyone who has a problem with the concept of evolution doesn't understand it. It's not complicated, but it is astounding how many people do not grasp it. Even naturalist journalists from time to time betray their lack of understanding. I put it down to being raised in an environment of deliberate planning, designing and engineering. People battle to break their thinking habits. Similar thing for considering nations without government, or life without purpose. Frankly, I find the discussion somewhat embarrassing.

While I doubt that someone like you truly understand the nature of ToE.

Quote:

First truth is evidence independent. In stone age, there's no evidence for the presence of black holes, it's far from saying that black holes did not exist in stone age.

Evidence is just for a human brain to recognise a truth (or rather for a belief system to believe that it is the truth). Something is evident to one may not be evident enough to someone else, because they possess a diffferent belief systems (brains).

Science is abit special. Science is the discovery of natural rules which predicts precisely for our brain/belief system to reckon them as the truth. Say, water decomposes into hydrogen and oxygen, this chemical rule allows you to predict precisely that water everywhere behaves so. You can predict this result before every single experiment, and every single experience when set up correctly can hardly falsify your prediction by using the rule. The rule is thus reckoned by human brains/belief systems as the truth.

Evidence is thus not a requirement by science. Evidence is a requirement by human brains because of human failure in dealing with the past. That is, we can't know the past for sure, that's why we need evidence to attempt to approach what truly happened. Humans brains/belief systems are thus required to subjectively give out mainly verbal explanations on how to interpret the so-called evidence presented. Various brains may give out various explanations. Perhaps till a certain consensus is reached by a certain group of brains. Then one of the results will be accepted as the 'truth'.

No doubt it is an efficient approach in reality for humans who are futile about the past to try to reach the truth. The limitation is that, no matter how evident things seem to be, there's still a chance that it's not a truth. And the approach itself relies heavily on verbal explanation from the subjective human brains, instead of the establishment of testable scientific rules.

Such an approach is commonly used in human law courts. Things are very evident to certain jury members may not be that evident to other jury members. A consensus will be reached and the case is ruled by the majority of the chosen jury members (human brains). Yet there will be innocents no matter how evident the cases are. And it's not science anyway. It is rather an efficient and practical method to reach truth, but unlike science nothing is guarranteed. Even when all the jury members voted guilty, there is still innocents. In the end, such a system is faith-based, which says "we believe at best that it is the case/truth".

This is not science because it doesn't bear the characteristic of preditability, falsifyability and repeated testability as required by the existing natural scientific rules discovered.

At most ToE is just to reflect one of the possibilities. Is it possible that God created everything in a way we don't know? Noone can rule out that possibility. At the same time, it says that in case God created everything, ToE can never find the truth. It says that it is possible that ToE is not true (in case God created everything). And it's not scientific at the moment anyway. ID is not scientific just as ToE, yet it bears a chance to find out the truth in case God created everything.

Quote:

In a nutshell, ToE as an approach relies on the following 3 factors,

1) Evidence presented
2) Human brains to interpret those evidence
3) New kind of knowledge emerged (ancient ToE relies only on the fossils, now DNA is available

So, when is the time a "truth" can be determined and finalized?!

1) when all the evidence are found, because new evidence may still refute previous findings.
2) when humans minds no longer evolve, because the whole thing relies heavily on how those evidence are interpretated, better minds can give out better explanation, theoretically speaking.
3) when all human knowledge are available

So when you obtain the "most proper explanation" it will be the end of days. And even by then, that only gives the 'best explanation' in human history, still not necessarily the truth itself.

The evidence-human brain explanation-result can stil work efficiently in human society to approach truth, such as human legal system employs such an approach. But unlike science, it never guarrantee truth as science relies heavily on the discovery of natural rules instead of evidence.
0 Replies