Another victory for freedom of religion

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:11 pm
I'm not a Wiccan, infact I personally don't see how anyone would take it seriously. Still, this is great for equality in faith

FOXNews.com - Wiccan Pentacle Added to Emblems Allowed on Headstones - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 19
No top replies

B A N A N A S

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Since when is equality a good thing?

You really want your kids to grow up thinking that wicca is a good thing to get involved with?

Its left wing b u l l s h i t tolerance like yours which is eroding this country's values and leading to its downfall.

Every civilization which has embraced tolerance with open arms as you are doing has been destroyed.

Tolerance is the downfall of progress. If a country gives up its values, it will have no common drive among its citizens and will cease to exist (eventually).
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm sorry, maybe we should go back to burning them. Then everyone could see "God's Love"

And every civilization except Rome which fell when the Christian Church seized control of government and plummeted the world into the Dark Ages
B A N A N A S

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13324 wrote:
I'm sorry, maybe we should go back to burning them. Then everyone could see "God's Love"

And every civilization except Rome which fell when the Christian Church seized control of government and plummeted the world into the Dark Ages

Where in my post did I say anything about God or the Christian church?

This just shows the typical liberal perspective . . . you people are always thinking the societal norms of the USA are out to get you. You liberals are all the same.

Societal norms are what have kept this country great. Weather or not you agree with them should dictate where you live . . . GTFO.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild, could you clarify your 2nd sentence?

Anyway, wiccanism is a modern religion, weren't around to be burned.

BTW, Arian and pagan barbarians caused the Dark ages, not the Catholic church. It was only after they became Catholic that civilization began to rise again.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:38 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;13342 wrote:
Silverchild, could you clarify your 2nd sentence?

Anyway, wiccanism is a modern religion, weren't around to be burned.

BTW, Arian and pagan barbarians caused the Dark ages, not the Catholic church. It was only after they became Catholic that civilization began to rise again.

Before I address the misconceptions, you were right about the age of Wicca (there is no such word as wiccanism BTW, the correct grammatical word is just Wicca in that context). Wicca is roughly 60 years old, but, it is based on Pagan beliefs which were the first religions ever. It should be noted that those Pagan beliefs were heavily revised. You won't find anymore Wiccan animal sacrifices in America today then you would find Jewish animal sacrifices (and yes Jews killed allot of animals in Ceremony in the name of God).

As for The rise of the church in the dark ages? Art, music, and many other things were DOMINATED by the church during these times. It was also the high water mark of church control in Europe. Directly following that wasn't when the church rose again, it was the rise of the Renaissance era which was at that time greatly opposed by the church (even though the best Christan art actually came from that era). There is even evidence in the later Roman Empire of coups attempted by Church members on the Emperor. There is debatable stuff and there is historical fact, this is fact. Sorry if nobody told you...

And by the fall of the Roman Empire the majority of Europe was Christian, to include the barbarians. Do a Wiki search on the Franks, a Germanic tribe of Barbarians which fought a war with the Roman Empire while it was still around, the conquered the majority of Northern Africa in the name of Christ!

And Bananas you're.... Bananas, I'm a card carrying republican who voted twice for Bush. But these men fought and died for their country and our freedoms. If they want Kermit the ******* frog on their tombstone as god then so be it.

All religions are welcome in America "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness", love it, live it, goodnight
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13388 wrote:

And Bananas you're.... Bananas, I'm a card carrying republican who voted twice for Bush. But these men fought and died for their country and our freedoms. If they want Kermit the ***ing frog on their tombstone as god then so be it.

I dont care who you voted for. Your obviously a liberal who supports the war on terror (good luck running for president).

Tolerance will be the death of this country, if you truly supported America, you would agree.

You liberals are all the same.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:23 am
@Silverchild79,
Banana's are you saying you do not have one liberal bone in your body?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:24 am
@Silverchild79,
tolerance is what makes our country great, and it is law.

and I'm not a liberal
0 Replies

B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:35 am
@Silverchild79,
Drnaline;13442 wrote:
Banana's are you saying you do not have one liberal bone in your body?

I have a few :cool:. As far as tolerance of things which erode the values which have kept this country strong - i have none :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: .

Im not promoting any type of religion here, my point is that ALL successful civilizations have had common themes uniting them (Egyptians, Greeks, Romans).

If you study your ancient history, you will see that once these empires began to lose the things that unified their people, they became weak and were eventually surpassed.

The same should not be allowed to happen to this great country we now live in.

Silverchild79;13444 wrote:
tolerance is what makes our country great, and it is law.

Just because it is law does not make it a good thing.

Quote:

and I'm not a liberal

Say whatever you want - your left-wing political views tell the true story.

You are obviously a liberal . . . thats not a bad thing unless a wack job like yourself were to run for a political office.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:38 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
and I'm not a liberal

You are obviously a liberal . . . thats not a bad thing unless a wack job like yourself were to run for a political office.

LOL!!!
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:43 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;13449 wrote:
Quote:
and I'm not a liberal

LOL!!!

God help us all if that day arrives.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:56 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Before I address the misconceptions, you were right about the age of Wicca (there is no such word as wiccanism BTW, the correct grammatical word is just Wicca in that context). Wicca is roughly 60 years old, but, it is based on Pagan beliefs which were the first religions ever. It should be noted that those Pagan beliefs were heavily revised. You won't find anymore Wiccan animal sacrifices in America today then you would find Jewish animal sacrifices (and yes Jews killed allot of animals in Ceremony in the name of God).

Paganism was the first recorded and dominant religion, yes.

Quote:
As for The rise of the church in the dark ages? Art, music, and many other things were DOMINATED by the church during these times. It was also the high water mark of church control in Europe. Directly following that wasn't when the church rose again, it was the rise of the Renaissance era which was at that time greatly opposed by the church (even though the best Christan art actually came from that era). There is even evidence in the later Roman Empire of coups attempted by Church members on the Emperor. There is debatable stuff and there is historical fact, this is fact. Sorry if nobody told you...

Reread it, I said Arians, which is what barbarians were. They were in other Christian cults and fought against the Catholic church and Rome, the major protector of it. Through diplomatic and military moves, people like the Franks under Charlemagne became Catholics and spread the religion throughout.

I'm talking about the Dark Ages, not the Middle Ages. There's a difference.

Quote:
And by the fall of the Roman Empire the majority of Europe was Christian, to include the barbarians. Do a Wiki search on the Franks, a Germanic tribe of Barbarians which fought a war with the Roman Empire while it was still around, the conquered the majority of Northern Africa in the name of Christ!

Again, Arians, like I said. The people they were fighting against and, more often, massacring were Catholics, in the Church.
0 Replies

NOOTRAC22

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 11:13 am
@B A N A N A S,
Tolerance will be the death of this country, if you truly supported America, you would agree.

You liberals are all the same.[/QUOTE]

you should talk to adolf hittler he didn't beleive in being tollerant either. are you a closet nazi? BTW who's to say who's values are the proper values?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 02:10 pm
@Silverchild79,
Using something as subjective as "values" to classify a society is going to be the downfall, not tolerance. America has no set values, just because some rich white christian man decided that things should be a certain way doesn't mean ****. As a matter of fact, America was FOUNDED on freedom to be who you want to be, worship who you want to worship, say what you want, and arm yourself to keep those that would take it away from you in check.

Values make me lol.
0 Replies

B A N A N A S

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 02:34 pm
@NOOTRAC22,
NOOTRAC22;13661 wrote:

you should talk to adolf hittler he didn't beleive in being tollerant either. are you a closet nazi? BTW who's to say who's values are the proper values?

You are correct.

Hitler did not believe in tolerance of any sort . . .

. . . the Nazi's were incredibly successful IIRC. It took the entire world (and divine grace) to take them down.

The Nazi's success was due largely to the fact that they were able to unite an entire country around a set of "values". In the mid to late 1930's all German's were on the same page as far as what was acceptable in their culture.

The same went for the Romans, Greeks, Persians, Babalonians, etc.

When the people of a country are divided on the basic issues that govern their lives, how can that country expect to stand firm when it is challenged.

Oh, and before somebody says that "America + Diversity = Str3ngth!!" . . . this country has had a predominate set of values that have governed the morality of its citizens in times past.

The erosion of this shared value base will destroy us.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 02:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
the problem is you seem to think Wiccans have a terribly different moral system then you do, when in fact they don't. Both are "right hand path" faith systems, both believe in living in peace and harmony, both subscribe to the "Golden Rule".

Wicca is completely compatible with America's secular moral code. There is a big difference between America and Christianity. And before you start talking about or forefathers I'll remind you that they were largely Freemasons. I group that accepts any person who believes in God, regardless of the faith doctrine...
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 09:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Show me that the Wiccan are any more or less logical than any other religion in the world....Ther basic tenents in fact make a lot more sense than most of those in other religions precisely because they wer emostly written by modern men. Examine each religion at its core and tell me there are any that make sense in an every day way...All that said it doesn't really matter because religious freedom is religious freedom and what another person puts on their headstone is none of your business
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 02:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Not largely Freemasons, three, I think, at the Constitutional convention. Masons are also an odd cult like organization shrouded in mystery, and some founding Fathers were deists, but most were Christian.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
Most people were in those days...but it is worthy to note that there were still pagans in Europe as late as the mid 1600s

on an unrelated note
If a person does something unruly like animal sacrifices or child abuse then obviously someone must do something to stop it otherwise its all good
0 Replies