A good debate for Christians

Ares cv

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 03:33 am
@Curmudgeon,
Quote:
Just as our laws change to fit the times , I believe "The Law" you are speaking of is still in effect , only modified and strengthend by the New Covenant .

Right because god realized his last covenant had flaws so he corrected it with this one?
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:56 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;12625 wrote:
Do we still live under "The Law", or did Christ free the world from laws of Moses?

Old Testiment Profits say

Hewbews 8

1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man.
3Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already men who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."[a] 6But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said:
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."[c]

13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

But Jesus Himself said in Mattew

Mattew 5: 17-20

" Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. "

So what do you guys think? I'm interested in hearing some opinions

Just what it says. Again, you have to put the bible together. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. That means that we are saved not by obeying the law and performing OT rituals to cleanse ourselves as in the old covenant, but by receiving Christ's forgiveness for breaking it since he fulfilled the law for us. That's the new covenant. Smile Now the law simply exists to tell us what sin is as Romans 3:20 explains. Smile
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:21 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66195 wrote:
Just what it says. Again, you have to put the bible together. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. That means that we are saved not by obeying the law and performing OT rituals to cleanse ourselves as in the old covenant, but by receiving Christ's forgiveness for breaking it since he fulfilled the law for us. That's the new covenant. Smile Now the law simply exists to tell us what sin is as Romans 3:20 explains. Smile

Was Noah's flood a sin perpetrated by God?
Is the law a good law when the lawmaker Himself cannot or does not abide by it?

Regards
DL
Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:50 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;66225 wrote:
Was Noah's flood a sin perpetrated by God?
Is the law a good law when the lawmaker Himself cannot or does not abide by it?

Regards
DL

The flood was actually a baptism.Smile It washed away the unclean people on the earth. So no, justice is not a sin. Smile
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:07 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66228 wrote:
The flood was actually a baptism.Smile It washed away the unclean people on the earth. So no, justice is not a sin. Smile

What is just about the killing of innocent children and babies?
If their parents are sinners then why punish the children?

What about the dumb animals? What was the point of their drowning?

What is just about killing a bunch of Gays at Sodom?

Regards
DL
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:43 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;66231 wrote:
What is just about the killing of innocent children and babies?
If their parents are sinners then why punish the children?

What about the dumb animals? What was the point of their drowning?

What is just about killing a bunch of Gays at Sodom?

Regards
DL

I already explained that. But atheists aren't teachable, so they keep asking the same old questions and ignoring the answers. :rollinglaugh:

But if you're one atheist who doesn't want to remain stuck in the same place for the rest for your life, then you can read the bible so you can learn why God does anything. Otherwise, your questions are a waste of time when they're insincere.:rolleyes:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:53 am
@Carico,
Carico;66257 wrote:
I already explained that. But atheists aren't teachable, so they keep asking the same old questions and ignoring the answers. :rollinglaugh:

But if you're one atheist who doesn't want to remain stuck in the same place for the rest for your life, then you can read the bible so you can learn why God does anything. Otherwise, your questions are a waste of time when they're insincere.:rolleyes:

I am a believer but not in your genocidal god who murders and calls it justice.

The God I know is a God of love. not hate. you have to hate much to use Genocide.

I will follow your God when Jews follow Hitler.

Regards
DL
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:57 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;66264 wrote:
I am a believer but not in your genocidal god who murders and calls it justice.

The God I know is a God of love. not hate. you have to hate much to use Genocide.

I will follow your God when Jews follow Hitler.

Regards
DL

Well then I guess you're fresh out of luck on judgment day because God isn't going to cater to your ignorance. You'll receive the same fate of those in the OT who were also foolish and arrogant to claim they knew better than God. If you refuse to learn from the OT like the OT people did, then that's your problem, not God's because he's repeatedly warned you that He, not you created the universe and everything in it. And throwing tantrums won't change God a bit. Sorry. Wink
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:31 am
@Carico,
Carico;66266 wrote:
Well then I guess you're fresh out of luck on judgment day because God isn't going to cater to your ignorance. You'll receive the same fate of those in the OT who were also foolish and arrogant to claim they knew better than God. If you refuse to learn from the OT like the OT people did, then that's your problem, not God's because he's repeatedly warned you that He, not you created the universe and everything in it. And throwing tantrums won't change God a bit. Sorry. Wink

Thanks for telling me to turn or burn. Encouraging.

When did he warn me?
How, other than, the Bible tells me so, do you know that god created anything?

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@Carico,
Carico;66266 wrote:

Didn't God Spare a family from the OT because of their Virtue?

Didn't they go on to have incestual sex?
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:53 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;66317 wrote:
Thanks for telling me to turn or burn. Encouraging.

When did he warn me?
How, other than, the Bible tells me so, do you know that god created anything?

Regards
DL

It's no different than warning people of an impending tornado they don't see. But if you think that warning you about impending disaster is something that people shouldn't do to each other, then don't. Let them find out the hard way. :frown:
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:08 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66332 wrote:
Didn't God Spare a family from the OT because of their Virtue?

Didn't they go on to have incestual sex?

they did lol
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:50 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66387 wrote:
they did lol

Sorry, but as Romans says, sin isn't taken into account when there is no law. One can't break a law that doesn't exist. Wink So when there's no law against abortion, then one isn't breaking the law by having abortions. And there was no law of incest when Adam and Eve began populating the earth. So once again, your ignorance is showing. Wink
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:19 am
@Carico,
Carico;66391 wrote:
Sorry, but as Romans says, sin isn't taken into account when there is no law. One can't break a law that doesn't exist. Wink So when there's no law against abortion, then one isn't breaking the law by having abortions. And there was no law of incest when Adam and Eve began populating the earth. So once again, your ignorance is showing. Wink

how convenient for you huh
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:31 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66401 wrote:
how convenient for you huh

God's plan is always perfect. Nothing happens by accident which even Einstein knew. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66403 wrote:
God's plan is always perfect. Nothing happens by accident which even Einstein knew. Wink

Except quantum physics kinda fucked that up, huh.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:54 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66391 wrote:

If there were no laws, then why was Soddom destroyed by God?
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:01 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;66425 wrote:
If there were no laws, then why was Soddom destroyed by God?
Once again, God explains that in the bible. He was grieved that he had made man. And since he created us, He can destroy us any time he wants to and kicking and screaming about that is cutting off your nose to spite your face since it doesn't change God one bit. Sorry. Wink
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:43 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66341 wrote:
It's no different than warning people of an impending tornado they don't see. But if you think that warning you about impending disaster is something that people shouldn't do to each other, then don't. Let them find out the hard way. :frown:

Thanks for not answering the questions.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:46 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66403 wrote:

Yep, a perfect plan.

I will let humanity grow and then flood them all to hell.

Good plan.

Regards
DL
0 Replies