Ants Speak ! Another New Quranic Scientific Miracle

Mon 6 Apr, 2009 09:48 pm
[SIZE="4"]Ants speak![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Another New Quranic Scientific Miracle[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: 'O ants! enter Your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (prophet Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not.' So He [Sulaiman (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech." (The Noble Quran; An-Naml: 18-19).[/SIZE]

(Allah gifted prophet Sulaiman with the ability to hear and understand these sounds)

The Holy Quran is always in complete agreement with the scientific finidings. This proves that it reaaly revealed from Allah (God).

A report in the science magazine says" Advances in audio technology have enabled scientists to discover that ants routinely talk to each other in their nests.

The findings were reported in the journal Science Hills are alive with the sound of ants — talking to each other - Times Online

Professor Robert Hickling has spent many years in watching insects and recording the sound vibrations they release. Yet, the matter couldn't be asserted till he was able to record sounds coming from ants. Hisaim was to follow up ants in the field crops; they didn't find better method than following ants’ sounds.

However, what surprised that scientist is that the sounds frequencies that ants release vary from an ant to another and from ants' species to another. There are twelve thousand species in the world and the ants' number on the earth outnumbers human beings' number. Before these tremendous numbers, researchers stood confused for how they can deal with all these sounds.

Many different sounds of ants could be recorded successfully and these pieces of research was published in Journal of Sound and Vibration magazine in 2006 and it was the first time that man can hear a real sound of ants!

This researcher published a lot of research and the most important one is about the communication among ants under the title "The Analysis of acoustic communication by ants": in Journal of the Acoustical Society of America magazine.

These researchers showed that ants exceed us at acoustic communication. Scientists expect that ant uses antennas to send and receive acoustic vibrations. The ant amplifies the received signals like the advanced receiving devices Moreover, it removes sounds overlapping , so it makes filtration or clarification to the sound to distinguish it from another. This is a very developed communication system that was unknown to scientists and they only discovered it a few years ago. Yet the Holy Qur'an dealt with that matter and told us that ants speak.

Allah said what means: [SIZE="2"]"Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: 'O ants! enter Your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (prophet Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not.' So He [Sulaiman (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech." (The Noble Quran; An-Naml: 18-19).[/SIZE] . In this verse, there is a clear evidence that ants have a language to understand one another and Allah gifted prophet Sulaiman with the ability to hear and understand these sounds. The scientists attempt to grasp these acoustic signals that ants utter. Yet, they distinguished four different kinds of these sounds after very long years of watching.

http://www.55a.net/firas/ar_photo/1209884350ant_sound_01.jpg

Ants use special acoustic signals that release during anger; we find that an ant takes the task of warning, so it releases a call that its mate receives, understands, and responds immediately. Listen to the ant's voice while it was warning the other ants against a certain danger. (for listening , press here http://home.olemiss.edu/~hickling/alarm.mp3 )

Scientists assert that ants are like us, they perform their tasks efficiently. While working, ants speak to each other and talk like human beings. We have found out that ants organize the process of food collecting and other tasks through certain sounds and instructions it releases and the others hear and respond!

This is the ant's sound during its normal life and during working, moving and food collecting. (press here http://home.olemiss.edu/~hickling/allswell.mp3)

When an ant attacks a caterpillar, it releases fearful sounds. These sounds were completely unknown and they resemble the human battle .

Listen to this sound of an ant attacking a caterpillar.( press here http://home.olemiss.edu/~hickling/allswell.mp3)

The Phil De Vries discovered that insects release weak acoustic vibrations that ants can distinguish; the aphid, secretes a sugary substance that ants like, this insect releases vibrations during its work that ants pick and consequently rush to their livelihood. Thus acoustic vibrations are tools of communication among insects.

Allah said: "the seven heavens and the earth and all that is herein glorifying Him but there is not a thing but glorifies His Praise but you understand not their glorification. Truly, He is Ever Forbearing, oft-forgiving." [The Noble QuranAl -Isra:44].

Robert Hickling, one of the notabl researcher , said" ants don’t respond to the human voices nor are they affected by it. But when we direct it to suitable vibrations, it is affected and respond to them. This means that ants have their own language and they are completely like human beings. Here we remember the saying of Glorified Allah "there is not an animal in the earth nor a flying creature on two wings, but they are nations like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the book (of our decrees. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered." [The Noble Quran; Al-Anam :38].

Hence we realize that The Holy Quran agrees with modern science .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 44,106 • Replies: 41
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sabz5150

Tue 7 Apr, 2009 04:57 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Funny, none of these audio files of yours sound like "speech" to me, much less complete sentences.

Now, if you can show evidence that these ants can actually say these words (who exactly translates Ant, anyway?) then you might have something worthwhile.

Until then... out of the science section and to religion where ye belong.
SWORD of GOD

Tue 7 Apr, 2009 07:10 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;64921 wrote:
Funny, none of these audio files of yours sound like "speech" to me, much less complete sentences.

Because you need first to be at least as smart as an ANT.
Sabz5150

Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:14 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64922 wrote:
Because you need first to be at least as smart as an ANT.

Spoken by someone who thinks that a creature's ability to communicate with others of its species automatically means it "speaks"? That's funny.

Explain: how do ants know what humans call them? I mean, according to your book... the ant addressed his brethren as "ants". How would they know this, being unable to comprehend or translate our language? Which language did they understand? I'm sure your book was written in many languages... which one did they comprehend?

Explain also: How do we know what the ants are saying? We don't have much of an idea now, merely how their communications work. It's similar to filling a tape full of obscenities and blasting it at full volume, then calling the end result "communication". Doesn't work that way.

I'll be waiting for your book's response.
SWORD of GOD

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 08:32 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Again, for me to make any sensible/intellectual dialogue with you, you need first to be at least as smart as an ANT!
Grouch

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 09:01 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64925 wrote:
Again, for me to make any sensible/intellectual dialogue with you, you need first to be at least as smart as an ANT!

fail.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 08:22 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64925 wrote:

Why don't you try. Anyone with intelligence wouldn't flex, they'd bring.

Funny you can't answer my questions. Also why is this the *ONLY* place such a claim is made? You take things literally and then attempt to apply them to a religious text in an attempt to equate your faith with science. You completely misrepresent the scientific findings (this is no surprise) and attempt to square-peg-round-hole them into a single sentence to validate an entire book, which funny enough, is the only place such a claim is made.

You've shown time and time again that your understanding of science is laughable, this is no exception. So if you're as intelligent as you claim, why don't you address the argument directly?

You wanna flex to me? I will smack you down without so much as a second thought.
SWORD of GOD

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 08:32 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
[SIZE="3"][25] "And of them (disbelievers) there are some who listen to you; but We (Allah) have set veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; and even if they see every one of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) they will not believe therein; to the point that when they come to you to argue with you, the disbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the men of old." "
[The Noble Quran 6:25]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][146] "I (Allah) shall turn away from My Ayat (verses of the Quran) those who behave arrogantly on the earth, without a right, and (even) if they see all the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they will not believe in them. And if they see the way of righteousness (monotheism, piety, and good deeds), they will not adopt it as the Way, but if they see the way of error (polytheism, crimes and evil deeds), they will adopt that way, that is because they have rejected Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and were heedless (to learn a lesson) from them."
[The Noble Quran 7:146]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][23] "Had Allah known of any good in them (the arrogant disbelievers), He would indeed have made them listen; and even if He had made them listen, they would but have turned away with aversion (to the truth)."
[The Noble Quran 8: 23]
[/SIZE]
SWORD of GOD

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 08:38 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]the journal Science
Hills are alive with the sound of ants — talking to each other - Times Online

The Holy Quran is always in complete agreement with the scientific finidings.This proves that it reaaly revealed from Allah ( God).
Sabz5150

Wed 8 Apr, 2009 11:16 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64929 wrote:
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Still no rational response to my questions? How do ants know what humans call them? How do they comprehend our language to a point of actual translation? Seeing that the ant cannot reproduce human vocal frequencies and vice-versa, direct translation and communications is not possible.

So how do we know what was said? A deity you say? Any evidence of this "deity" that doesn't turn into a circular because-the-book-says-so argument?

Naah, didn't think so.
Numpty

Thu 9 Apr, 2009 07:57 pm
@Sabz5150,
Once again the ole fingers in ears, head in sand routine is about to be adopted,...over to you Sword.
SWORD of GOD

Fri 10 Apr, 2009 05:42 am
@Numpty,
[SIZE="3"]The Fameous Atheist Philosopher 'Anthony Flew' Announced that Indeed the Universe was Created!

'I Do Believe in God after all'[/SIZE]

One of the most renowned atheists of the past half century has changed his mind and decided that there is a God after all.

(Anthony Flew)

The newspapers were echoing with these regret-filled words by Antony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper published in 1950. In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture halls and articles. In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

The decisive factor in this radical change of view is the clear and definitive evidence revealed by science on the subject of creation. Flew realized, in the face of the information-based complexity of life, that the true origin of life is intelligent design and that the atheism he had espoused for 66 years was a discredited philosophy.

Flew announced the scientific reasons underlying this change in belief in these terms:
[1]

[2]

[3]

The DNAThe Hidden Face of God," Gerald Schroeder, one of the creationist scientists who influenced Flew, writes:

A single consciousness, a universal wisdom, pervades the universe. The discoveries of science, those that search the quantum nature of subatomic matter, have moved us to the brink of a startling realization: all existence is the expression of this wisdom. In the laboratories we experience it as information that first physically articulated as energy and then condensed into the form of matter. Every particle, every being, from atom to human, appears to represent a level of information, of wisdom. [10]

Scientific research into both the functioning of the cell and the subatomic particles of matter has revealed this fact in an indisputable manner: Life and the universe were brought into being from nothing by the will of an entity possessed of a superior mind and wisdom. There is no doubt that the possessor of that knowledge and mind that designed the universe at all levels is Almighty Allah (God). Allah (God) reveals these truths in many verses of the Quran.

[SIZE="2"]References:[/SIZE] Washington Times - Lifelong atheist changes mind about divine creatorPhilosophy NowSorry, says atheist-in-chief, I do believe in God after all - Times OnlineNo article with this DOI : Nature NewsPhilosophy NowBiola > Page 1 : Biola News & Communications.)

[10] Gerald Schroeder, The Hidden Face of God, Touchstone, New York, 2001, p. xi.
Numpty

Fri 10 Apr, 2009 06:43 am
@SWORD of GOD,
There ya go, right on que. :thumbup:
0 Replies

Ben Othman

Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:32 am
"how do ants know what humans call them? I mean, according to your book... the ant addressed his brethren as "ants"

That Book (Quran ) is addressed to man.It described what transpired and what conversation took place.The Quran can simply describe the happenings as "they (the ants )were talking to each other' but God chose to be specific to enable ordinary people like us understand. Yes, ordinary mortals with God- given faculty of mind yet there are those who not only unbelieve but disbelieve as clear as daylight messages.

0 Replies

Mame

Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:43 am
All those recordings are the same one. You guys are off your gourds.
0 Replies

UASM

Sun 23 Jan, 2011 10:30 am
@Sabz5150,
This discussion is a bit old but my two cents worth.

First the sound heard is that of a community of ants just like you putting a mic in a market place, all you would here is noise.

Next the speech of birds, cats, dogs cannot be understood by us but that doesn't mean they don't communicate.

Thirdly communication is based on certain response, recording the queen ants conversation and replaying to the ants a number of times brings about the same response every time meaning they understand whats being said, whatever their form of language.

Fourthly if the question of Prophet Sulieman (Alaahi Salaam) understanding there conversation we are told he was blessed with certain powers beyond our realm. Its not strange or out of this world as how many times do we get to see people who get dreams of the future, see or understand things that are beyond us.

The whole idea is to understand the Quran is from the Most High who is infallible. Science is what is our understanding at the particular time and our resources, take Pluto for example, for how many years was it known as a planet? In the same way ants till 2009 no one knew ants talked to each other yet 1400 years earlier it was reveled in the Qur'an.

An extract from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_ants_talk

Yes, contrary to common belief that was prevalent in society until the year 2009, it has now been scientifically proven that ants can talk to each other using sounds.

Advances in Audio Technology have enabled scientists to discover that ants routinely talk to each other in their nests. Ants communicate by stroking a natural 'washboard' on their abdomen with a body part that resembles a plectrum.

Using miniaturized microphones and speakers that can be inserted unobtrusively into Ants' nests, researchers have established that the queen Ants can issue instructions to other worker Ants.

References:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1137267/Getting-chest-Study-reveals-ants-talk-other.html#ixzz0ef84Cxaq
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5672006.ece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TS8fS9UyKE

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_ants_talk#ixzz1BsLtjfvI
0 Replies

Aeminath

Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:09 am
@Sabz5150,
Its not 'someone' who 'thinks' a creature's ability to communicate with others of its species automatically means it "speaks". The creator of everything and everyone says so in the Quran which proves the ants talk Or they speak to each other. Of course, not like we humans do.

Prophet Sulaiman was gifted with the ability to hear and understand these sounds. And Allah says in the Quran;
"Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: 'O ants! enter Your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (prophet Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not.' So He [Sulaiman (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech." (The Noble Quran; An-Naml: 18-19).

'That Book (Quran ) is addressed to man.It described what transpired and what conversation took place.The Quran can simply describe the happenings as "they (the ants )were talking to each other' but God chose to be specific to enable ordinary people like us understand. Yes, ordinary mortals with God- given faculty of mind yet there are those who not only unbelieve but disbelieve as clear as daylight messages.'
^ I angry with Ben Othman.

Allah knows better than anything or anyone. Because he created everything and all. (:

I had read that verse when I was 7 years old. I believed it right away. And until then, I always wondered when and how the scientists would finally find out that these tiny tiny ants talked to each other. Now after so many years of researching, they know. And that's Another New Quranic Scientific Miracle. Very Happy
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 4 Jun, 2012 03:15 am
@SWORD of GOD,
I wonder why any sane person would believe that an ant can speak - not having the physiological ability to - not enough air volume in what passes as their lungs (especially not to create enough sound to a level audible to human ears), no lips and no tongue to shape the words , and likely nothing that remotely resembles a voice box to create the vibration that is shaped by the tongue & lips to form words (not to mention the lack of a brain that is capable of forming language - something almost irrelevant next the fact that they can't physiologically form words)

All I can conclude is that people who believe such wilfully blind themselves to the reality of it.

Faith by the way, has never equalled wilful blindness.
Greatknight

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 09:34 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
abc news:Ants actually talk to each other !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZNEkbJkBk&feature=player_embedded
haya shiloh

Thu 5 Jul, 2012 10:10 pm
@vikorr,
Must ants have the exact physiological features as humans for them to be able to speak to each other? I believe "speaking" in this context are more accurately defined as "communicating by emitting & receiving audio signals". As the sources have pointed out, the ants produce & receive audio comms by their own specialized body parts, wilfully and intelligently (as opposed to random behaviour). To refute that is to refute those much highly qualified scientists who are authoritative experts in their field.

Here's another interesting titbit related to that verse: The gender of the ant speaker was explicitly stated as female (using the feminine version of the arabic word for ant). Guess what gender do worker ants consist of? I presume it is safe to say that 1400 years ago humans don't yet know how to discern ants' gender beyond the physically obvious queen.
0 Replies