Any other gardeners out there? Hello?

Red cv

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:10 pm
I have a very nosey neighbour, so we are erecting a fence; much to the dismay of the entire neighbourhood. In the forty year history of this street no brave soul has erected a fence lest they offend. Offend be damned if it slows that hag down I'll risk offending the easily offended. Here's some pictures of what we have done so far. Would razer wire be over kill?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,760 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:17 pm
@Red cv,
Nice yard there Red!
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:07 pm
@Red cv,
Great yard, Red! To hell with them if they don't like it. As I mentioned here a couple of times before, I just did my backyard - since this is a nice peaceful topic, I'll take a few shots myself and post them.
Red cv

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 07:17 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;20140 wrote:
Great yard, Red! To hell with them if they don't like it. As I mentioned here a couple of times before, I just did my backyard - since this is a nice peaceful topic, I'll take a few shots myself and post them.

Love to see the pics Socal, I spent the last three days painting the north side of the house againnnnnnnnnnn. Cause some fool (me) fixed a few wee scratches with the wrong color paint. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the fence is almost done. By god that thing cost more than the house.

Dr are you going to post pictures of your La Maison or Casa if you know Spanish?
Skye cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:12 am
@Red cv,
Red

Thing about fences and grouchy neighbors - you do all the work and expense and give her a fence too.... bah!

She's after your good looking hubby I'll bet.... sic the doggie after her.... washing her face as she peers between the slats.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:58 pm
@Red cv,
Red -

The thing is I always wanted a large spanish style single level house. Now I own one - 4,100 sq ft in a private golf course community. Life is good. I'll attach some pix tomorrow....after I take them.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:37 pm
@Red cv,
LOL Skye she pole vaults over the fence or it seems like she can.

Golf, that's a big house for a retired couple. I've down sized to 2400 square feet and I love the smaller spaces.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 01:30 pm
@Red cv,
Red - rub some poison oak/ivy on her side of the fence hehe....

Do you think we could get adopted by SoCal.... or work out some other arrangement?

I don't eat much and am pretty quiet.... how about you? Nope - you'd never leave your man... or he'd come with you go play on SoCal's course....

I'm a great caddy and I don't talk much either....
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:02 pm
@Red cv,
Red - dummy that I am, I cannot figure out how to attach a photo....
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
@Red cv,
Socal look down at the bottom of reply box -not quick reply use the post reply button and then hit manage attachments and the bottom of the box and upload your pictures and hit done and boom just like magic you have your pictures with your posts. Come on grasshopper give it a try.

Skye bloody brilliant, poison ivy. Wow that should keep her hoppen in and out of the pool for a week. On the down side she spends all day in a bathing suit and she's well 70.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 09:17 pm
@Red cv,
Red;20181 wrote:
Love to see the pics Socal, I spent the last three days painting the north side of the house againnnnnnnnnnn. Cause some fool (me) fixed a few wee scratches with the wrong color paint. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the fence is almost done. By god that thing cost more than the house.

Dr are you going to post pictures of your La Maison or Casa if you know Spanish?
Why would you want a pic of weeds, LOL. My casa is nothing to look at, but it's home and it's paid for.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:15 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;21961 wrote:
Why would you want a pic of weeds, LOL. My casa is nothing to look at, but it's home and it's paid for.

That, good sir, is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 04:57 pm
@Red cv,
Red, have a look at this - hope the image comes through...
It's a shot of a fountain I installed in my courtyard.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:01 pm
@Red cv,
Red;21038 wrote:
Socal look down at the bottom of reply box -not quick reply use the post reply button and then hit manage attachments and the bottom of the box and upload your pictures and hit done and boom just like magic you have your pictures with your posts. Come on grasshopper give it a try.

Skye bloody brilliant, poison ivy. Wow that should keep her hoppen in and out of the pool for a week. On the down side she spends all day in a bathing suit and she's well 70.

Backyard water fall...if you look close you can see Mrs. SoCal's feet in the lower left...
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:56 pm
@Red cv,
Red, one more....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:25 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22137 wrote:
That, good sir, is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.
Thanks, argueably it cost me my health. But the old lady would be set if my heart attack had killed me a few months ago.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:26 am
@Red cv,
Your pimpin Socal.
Skye cv

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:52 am
@Red cv,
SoCal

Water features..... ah the balm of the hot southern summer..... nice pix....

Drnaline

Sorry about your health issue - relax and enjoy what you have worked so hard for. Many people would love to be sole owners of their homes.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:42 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;22272 wrote:
Your pimpin Socal.

With apologies, but I'm stoked....
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:47 am
@Red cv,
Dr - stoked with my yard, not that you had a health issue. I hope all is well with you. I enjou reading your posts and value your opinions.
0 Replies