Work is not a job?

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 12:24 pm
YouTube - Senator Ben (I HATE POOR PEOPLE) Nelson & The Roadblock To Recovery pt.1

Truth is greater than fiction!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 04:20 am
@Citizen Kane,
No such things as a goverment job? Really, Mister Republican Fauxbama... then who do YOU[/i] work for?

And this is not "bipartisanship?" This isn't what you envisioned after the election? Oh that's right... bipartisanship means that you get what you want EVEN IF YOU ARE OUT OF POWER?

Let's see... rev up the WayBack(TM) machine... Ah, this time looks good. Christmas 2000, when the Republicans were pushing a 1.4 trillion dollar bill through.

"As President-elect Bush has made very clear, he ran on a particular platform that was very carefully developed. It's his program, it's his agenda, and we have no intention at all of backing off of it. It's why we got elected. [...] So we're going to aggressively pursue tax changes, tax reform, tax cuts, because it's important to do so. The suggestion that somehow, because this was a close election, we should fundamentally change our beliefs, I just think is silly."

It's their agenda... no backing off of it... reason they were elected. Silly to change beliefs... due to election results.

So THAT is how the Republicans define "bipartisan". Gotcha. I guess they're complaining because they aren't getting to call the shots.

Guess what... YOU ARE OUT OF POWER. So like bull excrement that has a mohs rating of 9... tough sh!t.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:41 am
@Citizen Kane,
The distinction is that "work" in this context is project work with a start and and end date, much like what I do as a consultant.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:10 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;63885 wrote:
The distinction is that "work" in this context is project work with a start and and end date, much like what I do as a consultant.

Having been a consultant, I know what happens when a project ends... I'm sent to another one. Lather, rinse, paycheck.

Of course a project will need people to maintain and repair it. Somebody's gotta be ordering spare parts and installing them... that's more jobs down the line, ones which won't have an end date. And to get those jobs, having been a person involved with the original project, is a nice addition to a resume.
Citizen Kane

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 04:21 pm
@Sabz5150,
Fauxbama...I love it...:headbang:
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:08 pm
@Citizen Kane,
Citizen Kane;63919 wrote:
Fauxbama...I love it...:headbang:

Now I have a question for the "Obama only got the presidency b/c he's black" crowd... and it goes like this:

Michael Steele.
Citizen Kane

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:42 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63921 wrote:
Now I have a question for the "Obama only got the presidency b/c he's black" crowd... and it goes like this:

Michael Steele.

Could it be White Republican Guilt?...Very Happy
0 Replies