Our Christian Identity

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 02:04 pm
@markx15,
markx15;44732 wrote:
Just so I know, what do you guys consider to be Latin america?

Central America, south America and the Carribean!
markx15

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 02:18 pm
@Pinochet73,
Oh ok, just curious, you see here we refer to it normally just as central or south america. What is the origin of the denomination Latin america?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 02:22 pm
@markx15,
markx15;44742 wrote:
Oh ok, just curious, you see here we refer to it normally just as central or south america. What is the origin of the denomination Latin america?

The phrase "Latin America" is a description of places mostly inhabited by ethnicly Latino people.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 02:26 pm
@Pinochet73,
I just find it curious because here in Brazil we don't use the term. I thought it meant that, it makes sense, I wonder how other Latin american countries refer to mine.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 02:36 pm
@markx15,
I don't think Latino is a good description, it suggest that the people speak latin or originate from latin speaking countries like ancient Rome....it would be more accurate to say "spanish-speaking countries" but that would exclude Brazil...
markx15

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Lol, it is impossible to contain in one word the significance of a whole region, we face the same problem while refering to any place, for example the middle east.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:27 pm
@markx15,
markx15;44756 wrote:
Lol, it is impossible to contain in one word the significance of a whole region, we face the same problem while refering to any place, for example the middle east.

so true!

refering to geographic locations using directions is flawed because the earth is round so anywhere could be west,

for example: in the US california is considered west, but what is west of california? China, but china is considered an eastern country.....
markx15

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
No wonder we have such a mixed up world, no one knows east from west, north from south or even up from down. Here is a fun mental experience, try to zoom out on Earth, try to picture it as if viewing from orbit. I wonder if it is right side up where I am, and if it is, it can only be up if compared to something else. It is a real roller-coaster when you completely let go of your coordination, by realising there is no point of reference
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:35 pm
@markx15,
markx15;44759 wrote:
No wonder we have such a mixed up world, no one knows east from west, north from south or even up from down. Here is a fun mental experience, try to zoom out on Earth, try to picture it as if viewing from orbit. I wonder if it is right side up where I am, and if it is, it can only be up if compared to something else. It is a real roller-coaster when you completely let go of your coordination, by realising there is no point of reference

up is always away from the gravitational pull, but when in a zero-gravity enviorment which way is up?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:36 pm
@Pinochet73,
Nowhere if that is what you want.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 06:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44740 wrote:
Central America, south America and the Carribean!

What about MEXICO, Mr. Geography??????? It's considered part of North America. Ha. I still say there's something we don't know about you lurking behind the scenes.:elefant:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 06:24 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44747 wrote:
I don't think Latino is a good description, it suggest that the people speak latin or originate from latin speaking countries like ancient Rome....it would be more accurate to say "spanish-speaking countries" but that would exclude Brazil...

And quite a few others, FF. Quite a few. Man, I'm gonna smoke your knowledge of Latin America, just for old time's sake. I BE SMOKE'N YA, JUNIOR. Get ready. It might hurt.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 06:26 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44757 wrote:
so true!

refering to geographic locations using directions is flawed because the earth is round so anywhere could be west,

for example: in the US california is considered west, but what is west of california? China, but china is considered an eastern country.....

The Earth is not perfectly round. It's flattened at the top and bottom, and is therefore known as an oblate spheroid. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollinglaugh:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:09 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44813 wrote:
What about MEXICO, Mr. Geography??????? It's considered part of North America. Ha. I still say there's something we don't know about you lurking behind the scenes.:elefant:

Mexico is a latin country considered part of both north and central America!

don't make yourself look foolish.....because you're doing a good job!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44816 wrote:
The Earth is not perfectly round. It's flattened at the top and bottom, and is therefore known as an oblate spheroid. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollinglaugh:

please show me where i said perfectly round! :dunno:

something doesn't have to be perfectly spherical to be considered round dumbass!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:14 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44814 wrote:
And quite a few others, FF. Quite a few. Man, I'm gonna smoke your knowledge of Latin America, just for old time's sake. I BE SMOKE'N YA, JUNIOR. Get ready. It might hurt.

Brazil is the only major country in latin America that doesn't speak spanish!
0 Replies

Adam Bing

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 12:41 am
@Pinochet73,
we're digressing folks. lets get back to the matter of our christian identity or (thankfully), the lack thereof.
0 Replies