The God of Confliction

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:34 am
@couchp,
couchp;15989 wrote:
I think the whites use God to their own ends, and quote the bible for text that suits the occasion. I think we use God more as a tool, whereas to genuine black christian, God is a symbol of hope & celebration!

hope is also a tool, and a very important one if your living as an African American in this country

all people use God to their own end, and all people quote the bible to suit their stances alone, and ignore what does not.

Example: In Corinthians the Apostle says (as he is speaking for God after receiving a vision) that slaves should be good to their master, especially if it is a Christian master. He then advises Christian slave masters that they shouldn't be to harsh on their slaves, in fact that's all that is really ever said on the matter. At no time does God or Jesus tell man not on enslave one another, it is, by biblical standards, acceptable to own slaves.

But I would think you would join me is saying that enslaving another human being is a sin against God, regardless of what the Bible says.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:50 am
@couchp,
couchp;15989 wrote:
I think the whites use God to their own ends, and quote the bible for text that suits the occasion. I think we use God more as a tool, whereas to genuine black christian, God is a symbol of hope & celebration!

Too much of a blanket statement, I know plenty of whites that don't use god as a tool, and embrace their faith, and then you have have people like Farrhakan, Jackson, and Sharpton, all black, all steamroll their agendas with god.
couchp

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:32 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16014 wrote:
Too much of a blanket statement, I know plenty of whites that don't use god as a tool, and embrace their faith, and then you have have people like Farrhakan, Jackson, and Sharpton, all black, all steamroll their agendas with god.

I should have said, that some whites use god as an excuse for their own gratification or to justify what they are doing. Also the same goes for some blacks, who are guilty of the same thing. I think my point was, that we forced the christian thing on them. And they embraced it, whilst in the western world, USA, then British empire & the western world most of them were in slavery. So they probably saw hope in it, which shows something I can't explain.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:34 pm
@mousy,
All people use religion for their own purposes ....
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
After flesh blacks are sold the promise land for enduring WHITE Hell on Earth?.. whilest whites are promised the same reward?
DOES THE HORROR EVER END?:wtf:
0 Replies