The God of Confliction

mousy

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 10:43 pm
Given the bloody history and continues tortures present..is it possible for black and white American's to worhip the same God? And when they pray..

Do blacks pray to this God asking for justice while whites pray that justice pass them by?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,461 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 12:08 am
@mousy,
More of your slant on every subject. Is it always an issue of blacks and whites with you?
I believe we pray to the same God.
The difference you are asking about says more about the ones praying than about God.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 12:09 am
@mousy,
hmm good question but a bit dated. I have personally served no mis justice on any minority and I'm the living definition of "The Man".

"God is what you make of it" Even if your in the same faith as another person. If everyone on earth sat down and completed a one hundred question survey (essay style), about what god was and what he stood for, no two people on earth would agree. But yet somehow everybody thinks they understand him/her.
Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 12:11 am
@mousy,
Ask 10 people about God and you will get 12 different answers.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:08 am
@mousy,
Agreed.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:29 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;15688 wrote:
More of your slant on every subject. Is it always an issue of blacks and whites with you?

I see spirits..hardly flesh

Quote:
I believe we pray to the same God.

Do whites pray for a heaven of blacks in bondage and slaves to their every whimper whilest blacks dream and pray of a heaven where whites burn CRISPY in HELL.
If blacks pray to the God of the Bible(jew god)is it due to the numerous references of its claim of a JUDGE that would not tolerate sin. Any other feasible reason?

Quote:
The difference you are asking about says more about the ones praying than about God.

Or perhaps the God of Isreal is deaf, dumb, and blind
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:31 am
@mousy,
Personally I liked the story that I think zozo posted, about the six blind indians. That exemplifies this situation very well.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:53 pm
@mousy,
"Given the bloody history and continues tortures present..is it possible for black and white American's to worhip the same God?"

You darned toot'n, they can. Jesus was brown, and Asian.:headbang:
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:00 pm
@mousy,
And when Germans dream of heaven.. are the walls decked with jew blood? And when jews dream of heaven.. are the Germans forgiven and treated like kings?

It was plain from the crucifixion(Bible)even the jews don't believe the King Of The Jews
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 05:31 pm
@mousy,
I've already explained in detail the Nazi phenomenon. Nazi Germans succumbed to pre-Christian, tribal impulses that lingered in their collective consciousness since antiquity. It was as if they embraced two religions, totally opposed to each other, simultaneously. Hardcore Nazis scrapped Christianity altogether. Hatred of the Jews in Central and Eastern Europe has always been passionate and deadly. I suspect it remains that way even today.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:00 am
@mousy,
Jews believe in the Messiah...
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;15689 wrote:
hmm good question but a bit dated. I have personally served no mis justice on any minority and I'm the living definition of "The Man".

"God is what you make of it" Even if your in the same faith as another person. If everyone on earth sat down and completed a one hundred question survey (essay style), about what god was and what he stood for, no two people on earth would agree. But yet somehow everybody thinks they understand him/her.

It doesn't matter what people think of God. What matters is what God thinks of people.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:30 pm
@mousy,
mousy;15687 wrote:
Given the bloody history and continues tortures present..is it possible for black and white American's to worhip the same God? And when they pray..

Do blacks pray to this God asking for justice while whites pray that justice pass them by?

Faulty premise.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;15689 wrote:
I have personally served no mis justice on any minority and I'm the living definition of "The Man".

How can you be so sure??
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:38 pm
@mousy,
because I take responsibility for my actions and I find playing favorites based on melatonin levels to be a neanderthalic practice.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;15878 wrote:
because I take responsibility for my actions and I find playing favorites based on melatonin levels to be a neanderthalic practice.

Good for you. However, are you really aware of all the first, second, and third order effects of your beliefs, actions, and inaction? I doubt it.

Your statement indicates a belief that you are nearly omnicient when it comes to the impact you have on the world.

I do my best not to discriminate or even recognize shades of color. I am not arrogant enough to believe I know all of the effects that my beliefs, inaction, or action cause.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:02 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;15880 wrote:
Good for you. However, are you really aware of all the first, second, and third order effects of your beliefs, actions, and inaction? I doubt it.

Your statement indicates a belief that you are nearly omniscient when it comes to the impact you have on the world.

I do my best not to discriminate or even recognize shades of color. I am not arrogant enough to believe I know all of the effects that my beliefs, inaction, or action cause.

way to put words in my mouth!

I honestly don't consider my impact on such things, I do my best and I move on. What more can you ask of a man?
Volunteer

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;15943 wrote:
way to put words in my mouth!

I honestly don't consider my impact on such things, I do my best and I move on. What more can you ask of a man?

So, you fire and forget?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:10 pm
@mousy,
no I consider, I act, and then I move on making corrections to my actions as needed in a process of constant refinement.

you seem quick to question everyone else's methodology, what do YOU do?
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:37 am
@mousy,
I think the whites use God to their own ends, and quote the bible for text that suits the occasion. I think we use God more as a tool, whereas to genuine black christian, God is a symbol of hope & celebration!