The unwelcomed Christ

Volunteer

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:24 pm
@mousy,
mousy;12769 wrote:
Flipping over the money tables in the temple

That would only irritate the money changers and priests who were receiving kickback for allowing the unrighteous practice in God's house. It didn't get Him killed then.

When He comes again, He won't just be turning over tables.
mousy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;12776 wrote:
That would only irritate the money changers and priests who were receiving kickback for allowing the unrighteous practice in God's house.
It didn't get Him killed then.

Yeah right.........Very Happy
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:56 pm
@mousy,
I think he meant any greedy human being would be resentfull, and I can assure you there is no shortage of that even among the catholic ranks.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:25 pm
@mousy,
I'm teaching Hitler again. Every year I go into it thinking I've maxed out my knowledge of this demon, and every year I learn something new that creates yet another pit in my stomach. So far, this time it was his statement that conscience is a Jewish invention. Yeah....I know Hitler, alright. But THAT statement kicked me in the nads, hard. Without the Judeo-Christian ethos, my brothers and sisters, WE ARE TOAST.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:34 pm
@mousy,
Before them it was Gods whisper to mankind, we made it ours.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:52 pm
@Volunteer,
Quote:
When He comes again, He won't just be turning over tables.

Nah...he'll be strapped to a table while the followers eat his flesh and drink his blood.Very Happy
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:54 pm
@markx15,
markx15;12783 wrote:
I think he meant any greedy human being would be resentfull, and I can assure you there is no shortage of that even among the catholic ranks.

No, he probably meant it literally, at least as far as I can tell from past experiences with him.

I think the whole point of this thread is rather unsupportable, if Jesus doesn't want to die, he won't die, and he'd have to say something pretty bad for Christians to do anything less than follow him and hang on to his every word.
mousy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 12:22 pm
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
I think the whole point of this thread is rather unsupportable, if Jesus doesn't want to die, he won't die, and he'd have to say something pretty bad for Christians to do anything less than follow him and hang on to his every word.

What did the Christ say the first time to get whacked?
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:34 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;12706 wrote:
Jesus would be murdered again. The world still resents truly good people. It still hates goodness. Man remains corrupt, and prone to self-destruction. :headbang:

Sadly how true.
0 Replies