• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,954 • Replies: 42
No top replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:49 pm
@markx15,
James 1:14-15

"but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death"
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 08:20 pm
@markx15,
The question is what is this "evil desire"? And how did it begin? And how is the right way to act? How could I avoid something that I do not fully comprehend? Even if I atempted to, it would be something out of obiedience(forced upon), and not free will. Why are we intelligent at all if all we ever do is obey?Is that really how "God" made us?
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 08:59 pm
@markx15,

If this link doesn't work... read Romans Chapter 7

Read it all but pay close attention to verses 14-25
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 09:44 pm
@markx15,
Satan ( a fallen angel ) leads us to sin . It is his way of fighting God.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:00 pm
@markx15,
Quote:
Satan ( a fallen angel ) leads us to sin . It is his way of fighting God.

Do you believe in Satan literally, I mean as an idividual? Or is he a metaforical figure? Incorporating every aspect of life in which you swerve from "God's" path.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 01:36 pm
@markx15,
I believe in him as an individual. Thats the way the Bible refers to him. He is there to destroy God's creations.. namely.. you.

1 Peter 5:7-9

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.'
oleo

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 03:29 pm
@GoodBoy,
Once there was an evil galactic emperor named Xenu, and he sent prisoners
from all across the cosmos to the planet now known as earth, then called
Theta. In a fit he once ordered them all sumarily executed, and when an
innocent race naturally evolved on planet earth, the souls of these long-ago
murdered Thetans fought to take possesion of the minds and bodies of the
innocent earthlings, compelling them to indulge in the behaviors that had
led to their imprisonment.

That's the scientology explanation. Just as plausible as the "devil made me do it"
thing in my opinion.

Human beings are animals... animals have natural instincts and certain genetic
factors that determine dominance in a group. Dominance by one or a group
within a group means a certain amount of subjugation for others in the group,
and that leads to resentment, hatred and resistance/violence, as well as a
view of the subordinated as inferior and a resentment by the dominant group.

Add in resources or items assigned value within a group and it adds more reasons
to fight for dominance and more resentment.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 04:56 pm
@markx15,
Very true.
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:15 pm
@Drnaline,
hatred in action = Hezbollah and Hamas
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:18 pm
@markx15,
I see Satan as a metaphor for sin in it's many forms .
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:19 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Satan in action = Hezbollah and Hamas
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 11:58 pm
@markx15,
1 Corinthians 1:24-27

"but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

1 Corinthians 2:14

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:56 am
@GoodBoy,
I really can't stand it when someone preaches to me...go thump your bible somewhere else...go convert the Muslims.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 07:34 am
@markx15,
He didn't post it directly to you. He didn't address it to anyone. He also didn't put, read this and be saved. He just quoted some stuff from the bible that is all.
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 09:53 am
@Drnaline,
And this is a debate forum not a tea party so l have commented on his comment. Go thump a bible and preach to the Muslims!!!! Save your breath on me, l know the bible very well...
GoodBoy

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 10:40 am
@markx15,
It wasn't to anyone. The Holy Spirit convicts on its own.
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:12 am
@GoodBoy,
Oh come on!! What a wimpy answer, you posted it for a reason...and since you started it you might as well be honest, after all your hand is on the bible...

and that is the first time that l heard anyone say that the Holy Spirit convicts...I think you are confused, the Holy Spirit may convince...but 'convicts' implies imprisionment, and while some do indeed see it as an imprisionment, the Holy Spirti, and the Bible or Torah, whichever, is not meant to be interpreted as an imprisionment, it is meant to be the opposite, freedom.

get real and be honest about why you posted it.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
@markx15,
The Holy Spirit convicts the heart of those it chooses to. I posted it for that exact reason.. to see who's heart would be convicted. I chose nobody, I simply ran it up the flagpole to see who saluted.

1 Corinthians 2:14

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

It brings up another verse which applies here..
Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 12:46 pm
@GoodBoy,
Oh well, whatever, be convicted if you like, but this thread is on hatred...l was really hoping to get a nice conversation going, this is boring to tears...

Jesus saved me a long, long time ago...unfortuately the Jews weren't convicted of anything but putting nails through the hands and feet of those they didn't like...
0 Replies