The Skeptics Annotated Bible

z0z0

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 06:43 pm
@Brent cv,
Do you add any value to the conversation?
Why don't you comment on the contradiction that I highlight?

... and yes I would be a much more benevolent God.
I would have even given you the ability to spell.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:43 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;8795 wrote:

Quote:

I didn't add anything less then your last sentence. Like you've said before(if he were real) God is one sick dude. But that's coming from the point that you may or maynot think he is real. Since you have never claimed him to be real, you must be mocking our beliefs, IMO? That is ok in my book, but if it is so then i see no problem in returning the favor.
Quote:

Because i don't want too.
Quote:

Not from what i've seen.
Quote:

Maybe you should give yourself that same ability. For a "New Messiah" your tolerence level runith low, LOL.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:46 pm
@z0z0,
... and that is the problem "Because i don't want too." (re contradictions)

You can't handle the contradictions. Why do you not want to engage in debate about this blatant contradiction?

Let's make it a bit more interesting - God says though shall not kill yet he commits genocide! He kills not only Jews but Egyptians as well (time of Moses). Why does God KILL so much?

Here is a big question - Was Hitler a tool of God's? Maybe God made Hitler do it.

As for the "Messiah" comments - I have told you many many times that you are being retarded in the way you are "putting words in my mouth".
GoodBoy

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:55 pm
@Brent cv,
Zozo...Heres a free book by Ann Graham Lotz called "WHY?"

It answers a great many of the questions you have of God and you view of him being cruel or a failure. Its only 133 pages. Just offering it to see if you are interested.
https://www.billygraham.org/freeoffer.asp?f=0&
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;8828 wrote:
... and that is the problem "Because i don't want too." (re contradictions)

You can't handle the contradictions. Why do you not want to engage in debate about this blatant contradiction?

Let's make it a bit more interesting - God says though shall not kill yet he commits genocide! He kills not only Jews but Egyptians as well (time of Moses). Why does God KILL so much?

Here is a big question - Was Hitler a tool of God's? Maybe God made Hitler do it.

As for the "Messiah" comments - I have told you many many times that you are being retarded in the way you are "putting words in my mouth".
Quote:
Because i have a choice to do so if i so feel inclinded. Who knows, i may change my mind.
Quote:

God says we shall not kill, he didn't say anything about himself.
Quote:
No, hitler had free will just like you.
Quote:

I didn't start the thread about your holy endeavors, you did. Any one that thinks i'm putting words in your mouth can read the first post and see for themselves. Your eminence.
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:16 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4513 wrote:
Well, I mean absolutely no offense, but I don't believe the Bible and God are anything more than man-made inventions by a few to control the masses.

The Bible was created by men who were filled with the holy spirit. No one created God.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 11:42 am
@z0z0,
To me, when people question the bible or God it is their way of understanding and their is no harm in this.
It is like all religions, we can only expand our knowledge by questioning, it is our humanness.
The BIBLE has been proven by the Dead Sea Scrolls as one of many archeogical findings that authenticate it's age and existance based on truth.
So if people question, there is no harm in this, what is harmful is laziness. This trait is found in those who criticize but refuse to learn, and it is most harmful to themselves.

Those who draw on the Biblical teachings have the foundation in which to be at peace and successful in life, which in turn can be the catalyis for teaching those who are willing to learn. So in a search for understanding those who may be willing to learn are those who scoff or mock the teachings of the bible. I see this as a positive, since in order to back up what they are criticizing they must consult the bible. Every consultation is a path to enlightenment, so this is a wonderful thing.

The bible is all about freedom and truth. We all search for ways to get it within our lifetime, and sometimes it is right before our eyes. I encourage everyone to take a look at what the bible says, and what Jesus said and honour your inquiring mind..
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 05:35 pm
@Brent cv,
Nicely said.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 06:35 pm
@z0z0,
heard it said, repeatedly, that if you weren't cav, you weren't chit. I liked that twisted logic, and applied it to my religion. Therefore, if you ain't Catholic, you ain't chit.:headbang:
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 07:04 pm
@Brent cv,
huh? no capesh...
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 05:48 pm
@Brent cv,
okay this is what it says on the website {under genesis}-

Quote:
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

now here is what is in one of my bibles, the authorized King James Version,

Quote:
1:14-1:19
"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night: and let them be for the signs, and for seasons and for days and years.
[15] And let them for the lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
[16] And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
[17] And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give lights upon the earth.
[18]And so to rule over the day and over the night and to divide the light from the darkness : and God saw it was good.
[19] And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

makes perfect sense to me....

and now for the second set of numbers here is what l read,

Quote:
Genesis 1:3-1:5

[3]"And God said "Let there be light: and there was light.
[4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And the evening and the morning were the first day."

makes perfect sense to me....

I can dig out other versions of the bible, but l guarantee they are all the same. So l think this is a version of how this fella reads it. And if l am right, l feel sorry for him.

After all it takes more faith to disbelieve in God then it does to believe.

To believe and have a tremendous amount of comfort, wisdom and guidance in life, you need the amount of faith found in a mustard seed {as Jesus says}.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 06:28 pm
@z0z0,
I took another look at some of the other quotes on the website and the fact is that this man is simply not qouting for the bible, it is quite comical actually the way he has not qouted but simply made statements using his own words.

As for the ten commandments ZOZO you have to grab a bible, then it makes sense. For example the commandment you refer to is used in the Jewish following, as well as in Christianity, and makes sense since it is the law of the land.
And if you check out the Abraham God connection, that occurred later in Abraham's life, the truth will unfold for you and you can understand for yourself about why Abraham was asked to make such a huge act of faith and alligence to God.

Without this commitment to really find out the truth and without even cracking open the bible, it is useless to discuss this.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 02:41 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4489 wrote:
So what do all you think of some of the points brought up on this website pertaining to the Christian Bible? Smile

SAB, Absurdities

They would say contradictions... but in reality it is lack of knowledge of the Bible.
0 Replies