The Superficial Christian

jatuab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:04 pm
@Brent cv,
So after 5 minutes and a bunch of blahs, all I can tell you is this:

I believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I don't believe, however, that all of it is to be translated literally, or else it wouldn't apply to us in today's world. I believe that God created the Earth, sent His Son to die for our sins and offer us eternal communion with God, and that the Holy Spirit resides on Earth and in the lives of Christians today. The Holy Spirit serves to bridge the gap between what was written down thousands of years ago and how we interpret the Bible today.

God's existence cannot be empirically proven nor disproven, and it's a matter of FAITH. That's why it's useless to argue that Creationism is 100% fact and should be taught in schools (and similar beliefs) that no one was around to experience.

Believe in God or not. I can tell you how He changed my life, but until you know and believe, it does nothing for you.
ndjs

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 11:24 pm
@Brent cv,
^ But could I know and believe in a rock, and if I have faith in that rock to change and guide my life, how is that different than your belief in your god?

Maybe the rock didn't write a book, but I could find some guys to throw something together if I could convince them that the rock inspired them.
jatuab

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:40 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
^ But could I know and believe in a rock, and if I have faith in that rock to change and guide my life, how is that different than your belief in your god?

Maybe the rock didn't write a book, but I could find some guys to throw something together if I could convince them that the rock inspired them.

There are more facets to Christianity than just picking something random out of the world to have a belief in, but if you think that rock does it for you, then go for it.
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 05:24 pm
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
So after 5 minutes and a bunch of blahs, all I can tell you is this:

I believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I don't believe, however, that all of it is to be translated literally, or else it wouldn't apply to us in today's world. I believe that God created the Earth, sent His Son to die for our sins and offer us eternal communion with God, and that the Holy Spirit resides on Earth and in the lives of Christians today. The Holy Spirit serves to bridge the gap between what was written down thousands of years ago and how we interpret the Bible today.

God's existence cannot be empirically proven nor disproven, and it's a matter of FAITH. That's why it's useless to argue that Creationism is 100% fact and should be taught in schools (and similar beliefs) that no one was around to experience.

Believe in God or not. I can tell you how He changed my life, but until you know and believe, it does nothing for you.

aaaaaaaaaaamen, I am SO with you!
0 Replies

Darkseid

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 03:30 am
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
I just can't believe what someone on earth has to say about heaven/hell...it's all something made up in the mind.

Well as compelling as this may sound. Making up reality is what we have been doing since we first existed. In fact this whole world in anyway that you take is just made up with our own will and thoughts.

Nothing really exists except for ourselves and each other. We as a collection bring order to this world like a group of gods acting on one sole force and that force we deem to be the true god.
0 Replies

LukeN

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:59 pm
@Brent cv,
I believe that God exists.

order in nature, complexity in DNA, the human eye. these things could not have occured by chance.

Bible is reliable. prophecy has been fulfilled. Bible has not been disproven, and many things in it have been shown to be true.

personal experience.
0 Replies

goodchessactor

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 03:26 pm
@Brent cv,
So much childish nonsense. Formula replies from unbelievers in God. Otherwise intelligent people make complete fools of themselves when they try to disprove God. First they say there is no God, then proceed to define and describe in detail this God that they say does not exist. They say they cannot believe the Bible because it was written by men yet proceed to prove their theories quoting from books written by men! Actually so called atheists are people with greater faith than most Christians. They have no fear of life beyond death. That is faith!
0 Replies