• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,019 • Replies: 26
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
There was a man who lived in a neatly maintained, tastefully decorated otherwise nondescript home in a well organized and regulated community within an above average suburb of a rather swarthy city. The man was a member of a well-respected congregation of an organization of believers who met every Wednesday and Sunday for prayer and community.

Each Wednesday and Sunday the man, his appropriately pretty wife and well-mannered, well-groomed children would attend his well-respected congregation’s meetings and worship. Once inside he was greeted with broad smiles, hand shakes and words of encouragement and reaffirmation. Each meeting the leader would begin with a prayer of thanksgiving for all the souls who like them had found the right path and a prayer for forgiveness for all who had strayed. Within the congregation the warmth that only confidence can supply overflowed.

sounds like me growing up.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:49 pm
@Brent cv,
When exactly did the first eternity end and the second begin?
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:21 am
@Brent cv,
Interesting story. What's the point?
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
@Brent cv,
I just can't believe what someone on earth has to say about heaven/hell...it's all something made up in the mind.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:58 am
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
I just can't believe what someone on earth has to say about heaven/hell...it's all something made up in the mind.

Yet you believe a book? Written by men.... whom they say were "influenced by a God"?
STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 04:49 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Yet you believe a book? Written by men.... whom they say were "influenced by a God"?

Excelent point.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:12 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

So who wrote the books you read and believe?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:59 pm
@Brent cv,
the people who wrote the books we read and trust in were influenced by science. Science can be proven and is logical, unlike a God.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:39 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
the people who wrote the books we read and trust in were influenced by science. Science can be proven and is logical, unlike a God.

Smile x2
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:03 am
@Brent cv,
That went over my bald head !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:26 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
You left out one word. Here you go. Science can be proven wrong and is logical, unlike a God. Imt may always be logical but doesn;t mean it is right. Whom ever wrote any text was human and therefore subject to error.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Science can be proven. Or disproven. That is true, but the science i know i believe has been in most regards proven, or at least has not been disproven in the many years it has been put out there.

Quote:
Whom ever wrote any text was human and therefore subject to error.

And exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Now who wrote that other book? the bible?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:36 pm
@Brent cv,
Science is disproven many, many times every year. As new research is done. Many of the books of old are now null and void. Not so for the bible.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:34 pm
@Brent cv,
Science only gets more correct. We are ever learning more, which is why the old books are null and void, even comical.

I've seen tons of books who all claim different things about the bible, even seen other books that claimed to be the bible, or an addition to it. What about all those books that got left out of the bible? What are they called again? I forgot... haha.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:22 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Science only gets more correct. We are ever learning more, which is why the old books are null and void, even comical.

I've seen tons of books who all claim different things about the bible, even seen other books that claimed to be the bible, or an addition to it. What about all those books that got left out of the bible? What are they called again? I forgot... haha.

Quote:
Science only gets more correct.

At the expence of what? Mistakes. Some thing you can always look forward to with science!

Quote:
I've seen tons of books who all claim different things about the bible, even seen other books that claimed to be the bible, or an addition to it.

Tons, was it one hellasious book or a bunch of small ones? Remember any of there names?

Quote:
What about all those books that got left out of the bible?

I don't know, what about them?

Quote:
What are they called again?

My guess would be BOOKS.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:41 pm
@Brent cv,
No, there are certain collections that were left out. They have names, but it's been a long time since I paid attention in Sunday School.

Men put the bible together, and left out stories they didn't like, or stories they didn't believe (woulda been a much shorter book if I was one of these men). Different translations are differing in verses, phrases, even entire books. Sounds like this Bible has changed a whole lot to get to what we know it as today, kinda like how science changed.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:04 pm
@Brent cv,
Ha this is like the song that never ends.. it goes on and on....

Ok that was retarded but Drnaline is bound and determined that the bible is 100% correct even the magic that happens within this.

Cause he can tell us to try to disprove the bible and for the most part we can't cause we can not prove that some guy with lepoard was dunked 7 times or however many times eleventy billion times ago and was suddenly cured of lepoard. We can't prove that because the only thing that makes refrence to that happening is the bible.

Yet he believes it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:39 pm
@Brent cv,
No i'm not bound and determined. And i don't believe the bible is 100% correct. And the magic you speak of is easely obtained by some one or thing we can not comprehend. We think it's magic does not make it so. I have faith in God as you have faith in science. Both are shakable. One is inherently wrong by the nature of it's being and process. I did not make the rules, but to have a system of advancement we have to adhear to it. An learn and admit to it's mistakes. Some think science is less falible then the good book, I think i proved otherwise. Using the rules of science. But then again it just my opinion. If you ever come up with an idea of who/what caused all what we see, let me know?
Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:43 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
No i'm not bound and determined. And i don't believe the bible is 100% correct. And the magic you speak of is easely obtained by some one or thing we can not comprehend. We think it's magic does not make it so. I have faith in God as you have faith in science. Both are shakable. One is inherently wrong by the nature of it's being and process. I did not make the rules, but to have a system of advancement we have to adhear to it. An learn and admit to it's mistakes. Some think science is less falible then the good book, I think i proved otherwise. Using the rules of science. But then again it just my opinion. If you ever come up with an idea of who/what caused all what we see, let me know?

See that is fine, if that is your belief then fine. However you made a comment about me that maybe some day I would wise up and believe this... that comment was out of line imo because I do not believe that by wising up I believe in a book and base my whole life on this. Fear hell and loathe for heaven. etc
0 Replies