The Vatican agrees: No to Intelligent Design in schools

Brent cv

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I know not of anyone in the ID field that is trying to abolish the Big Bang theory. Do you have an example? I am talking about what todays scienctists theorize our origins are. There theory have forced many that were atheist/agnostic in the field to now believe that there is/was a force that caused this. And now believe in a higher being. Einstein was one.

If you believe the reaction theory i don't have to argue about our universe, it is fact and i think you have to agree. But have yet to answer? And pending your answer i would like your opinion on the cause? Because to be scientific there had to be one. If you think not, then you don't believe in one of the first rules of science? If you don't believe in that how am i to take your other premise that we arrived where we are today because of chance happenings from primordial soup?

Answer the first question before you start jumping in line. Caused or uncaused? Why would you say i mock people that believe in the BB when i am one of them? To me that proves there is a god. I believe he was the trigger that created all our existence. If you want to call it an alien lifeforce or the purple spagetti monster thats fine too. But the fact remains that we did come from somewhere. Do you have a better explanation then what are scientists believe today?

I can not say I believe there was a trigger because I have no proof of it. If there HAD to be a trigger and God was that trigger...

What was the trigger that caused God to become in existence?

Anyone?

Where do we stop with the reactions that happen?

You take everything I say way to damn literal. I know you believe in God so when I say you do not believe in the Big Bang Theory, I mean you do not believe it the way that non religous scientists do. Just work with me here. I realize you believe in God.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
I can not say I believe there was a trigger because I have no proof of it.

So you don't believe for every action there is an equal and opposing reaction?

Quote:
What was the trigger that caused God to become in existence?
Your trying to change the subject! So by your question you are saying there is a god? Because to ask that question there would have to be one right? or are you justifing a double negative, not very scientific?

Quote:
Where do we stop with the reactions that happen?

We will stop when you answer my scientific question. We are debating about ID in school. And why it ain't Science or scientific in your opinion but you won't elaborate.

Quote:
You take everything I say way to damn literal. I know you believe in God so when I say you do not believe in the Big Bang Theory, I mean you do not believe it the way that non religous scientists do. Just work with me here. I realize you believe in God

I am using the non religious definition of which you use. If most of scienctists believe this theory to be fact, it is good enough for me that there is a higher force, for me that force is God. I didn't come up with the theory, they did. But it does prove my point.
Brent cv

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
So you don't believe for every action there is an equal and opposing reaction?

Your trying to change the subject! So by your question you are saying there is a god? Because to ask that question there would have to be one right? or are you justifing a double negative, not very scientific?

We will stop when you answer my scientific question. We are debating about ID in school. And why it ain't Science or scientific in your opinion but you won't elaborate.

I am using the non religious definition of which you use. If most of scienctists believe this theory to be fact, it is good enough for me that there is a higher force, for me that force is God. I didn't come up with the theory, they did. But it does prove my point.

lol changing the subject eh?

Sounds like you got a question you can not answer to me.

You say there must be a trigger. I ask what was that trigger for god.

Hardly changing the subject.

Something did cause this universe to come into existence. I agree to that.

There was a reaction.

Now tell me what the reaction was for God.

Did another God trigger God to become God?

End the madness
NaterG

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:29 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

There was a reaction.

End the madness

I have an answer, you won't like it nor will you believe it, but
Quote:
We can only partially comprehend the notion of God's existence. To do so, we must use human concepts to speak of God: "without beginning or end"; "eternal"; "infinite", etc. The Bible says that He has always existed: " . . . even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" (Psalm 90:2). And, "Your throne is established from of old; Thou art from everlasting" (Psalm 93:2). Quite simply, God has no beginning and no end. So, where did God come from? He didn't. He always was.
To us, the notion of time is linear. One second follows the next, one minute is after another. We get older, not younger and we cannot repeat the minutes that have passed us by. We have all seen the time lines on charts: early time is on the left and later time is on the right. We see nations, people's lives, and plans mapped out on straight lines from left to right. We see a beginning and an end. But God is "beyond the chart." He has no beginning or end. He simply has always been.
Also, physics has shown that time is a property that is the result of the existence of matter. Time exists when matter exists. Time has even been called the fourth dimension. But God is not matter. In fact, God created matter. He created the universe. So, time began when God created the universe. Before that, God was simply existing and time had no meaning (except conceptually), no relation to Him. Therefore, to ask where God came from is to ask a question that cannot really be applied to God in the first place. Because time has no meaning with God in relation to who He is, eternity is also not something that can be absolutely related to God. God is even beyond eternity.
Eternity is a term that we finite creatures use to express the concept of something that has no end -- and/or no beginning. Since God has no beginning or end, He has no beginning. This is because He is outside of time.

http://www.carm.org/questions/god_origin.htm

http://www.gotquestions.org/who-created-God.html

Psalm 90:2 wrote:
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God

Faith. You may think its silly, but I believe.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:36 am
@Brent cv,
Quote:
So, where did God come from? He didn't. He always was.

So that explains it all :p

Sorry but all I found out of that long paragraph could be summed up as "We can't prove he exists but here is a nice long paragraph that basically says have faith he exists, because we can't even begin to prove it."

I am not knocking anyones faith, just pointing my thoughts on the subject. Believe in what you wish, I have no care in the world what you believe in. Just pointing out why I believe the way I do.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:56 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

There was a reaction.

End the madness
Quote:
Yup, you keep doing it. In your first post you mention fairy tales in school. So my question was is the scienctific theory of the BB a fairytale? Your answer "I don't know" but we can have it because we use it with a scienctific explanation. Therefore that leads me to believe using you explanation that we can include ID if we do the same. You think not so.

Quote:

You cannot answer a question with a question. Caused or uncaused?

Quote:

Can you show me where your opinion on the subject is because every time I ask you, you come up with what you post directly after which is not what we are talking about. "I don't know" is not an scientific answer. I need one because you are using science as a reason to exclude it.

Quote:

Finally we are getting some where. Now , so what do you believe this cause to be? Animal, vegetable, mineral, or none of the above?

Quote:
There was a reaction.

The reaction is our universe and every thing we see and know.

Quote:

So you admit to there being a god, If not there is no point in discussing it. Using your science field to find out we would first have to prove there is one. I have no proof other then the cause of the universe of which you believe there is one to be. But is not fact as of yet.

Quote:

I dought it. But first we need to prove there is one other then faith.
Quote:
End the madness

Your the one running off on tangents. I asked a simple science question.
0 Replies