Dish Network Remote

roviper

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:41 am
I had Dish Network installed for 3 weeks with no problems to speak of until I change my old 36" RCA TV, which is TV1 receiver (vip722) to a new Toshiba LCD TV. I programmed the remote, however, it only turns the TV off & on and the vol. , but no other functions work.
After doing everything in the manual I still had no luck. Finally, I called DishNetwork. I'm not going to bore you with that. Needless to say, they scheduled a tech to come out, and he showed up the next day on time. I explained the problem to him and he acted like no big deal, but he had the same problem. He decided that the receiver(ViP 722) was NG so he went to his truck and brought back a new receiver (622) which was the model under the original, because he didn't have a (722) in the truck. He hooked that up and programmed it etc. Then he programmed the remote. At first he could only turn the TV on and off, but nothing else worked except the volume. I left him alone and he called to me saying.."I got it" sorta. What he did was turn the receiver sideways . The remote now worked but the button were sluggish. He declared it cured. I signed his work tablet and he left.
I decided to double check the remote again and turned on the TV no problem
nothing else worked. The service tech was driving away and I still had the same original problem. I called Dish to get him back, and they said he'd be back the same day and he'd call before he came. Well, he hadn't showed or called all day. I called Dish at 6pm and said I hadn't heard nothing from the tech. At about 7:30pm the tech called me. He had all the answers, but they were all wrong. So it looks like this clown has no idea how to fix the problem. Anybody gotta a clue as to how to resolve this problem?
In the Dish Network user manual on page 109 there is something about ……….
"If you're using TV1 in a room away from the receiver, be sure to order the replacement remote control that uses UHF PRO instead of IR"
Could this be something to consider???
Thanks for any info on this....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,646 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:29 am
Did he give any consideration to replacing the remote? If he had to turn it sideways to get the thing to activate, it sounds like there may be a defect in the remote.

Edit:
Just read your last line. Yep, sounds like the solution.
0 Replies