"Patriotism Is The Virtue Of The Viscious..."

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:25 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

Wouldn't it be fair to say that some people are more prone to seek the group than others?

I consider myself more of a peninsula.

It would be fair, and would it also be fare to say you have adopted that as your identity by contrasting with those who do tend to seek out a group?
chad3006

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:46 pm
@GoshisDead,
yes

Would it also be fare to say that some people are more prone to seek the group than others?
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:53 pm
@chad3006,
yes,
would it also fair to say that almost no-one that isn't clinically diagnosable is comepletely reclusive?
chad3006

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:57 pm
@GoshisDead,
Probably, I've never met anyone who is completely reclusive.
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:19 pm
@chad3006,
lol anyway, just commenting on the species as whole
chad3006

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:42 pm
@GoshisDead,
Understood. Have a good one.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 04:38 pm
@chad3006,
Hi Chad!

If you had met someone who was completely reclusive - They wouldn't be completely reclusive. So I guess nobody ever met anyone who was completely reclusive per se.

What do you think?

Kindest of regards Chad.
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:17 pm
@Transcend,
Hi Mike!

This is crucial to the understanding of this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAHFrLAxzM.

A true genius, this man. Died for it too!

xxx
Mark...
chad3006

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:59 am
@mark noble,
Mark,

Yes, I was aware of the irony of my post. I was a little bored Friday and was just having a some fun. I never take my posts too seriously and others probably shouldn't either.

Kind regards to you as well, Mark
mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:46 am
@chad3006,
Hi Chad!

You have a great weekend, sir!

mark...
0 Replies

Transcend

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:22 am
@mark noble,
Hi Mark.

I have that album on my iPod. I like the words and the music. But the fact he owned properties contrasts with the fact he says 'imagine no posessions', right? Also, he died because of an insane man who gave the above as a reason for his murder (amongst others).

We shouldn't look to teachers, leaders, musicians, friends, family, anyone for change. The only person who can do it is you. Only you. I think that's what Lennon was saying here. Just because he didn't set the example he talked about, does not mean the words are any less vailid.

I'm not spouting theories here Mark, it's all fact, and I hope you'll forgive me if I sound at all hositile, because that is not my intention at all.

Thanks for this thread, my friend.

Mike
mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:33 am
@Transcend,
Hi Mike,

I understand the hypocrisy of JL, But the vision, in the moment and the wisdom to perceive the flaws, whether to act on them or contradict them entirely, is an example to us all.
Even the fact that he had a plethora of possessions, homes, yachts, jewellery, investments, etc. is a fine example of the route to the wisdom of Solomon.
Only in one's fall from worth does one view reality.

Anyway, I don't think you're hostile, Mike. You have a strong opinion of JL that's all, So did Mark Chapman, but he was clinically ill.

Have a fantastic weekend Mike!
mark...
Transcend

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:42 am
@mark noble,
It's not an opinion, Mark. What I am saying is purely observation of fact. As I said in your other thread, opinions cause conflict - a business I'm not into - so I am careful not to give an opinion, because it simply isn't needed.

I intend to have a fantastic weekend, my good friend, ensure you do the same! Smile

Mike
0 Replies

Sowell-Dean

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 04:53 pm
When they wrap themselves in flag and religion: Beware!
The confederate flag is not for public buildings. The water color, by an unknow hand, showing the three confederate flags, reminds me of good men, gone. Most to graves, far from home and family; one died at Vicksburg before the exchange of prisoners, after the cold Ohio prison, after the journey down the river in sweltering heat; the wounds, still, unhealed. The good people of Vicksburg buried these confederate boys and men on a hill, in their own city
Blessed be the mothers; blessed be the mares.
mark noble

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:19 am
@Sowell-Dean,
Flags, badges, team colours, etc, may provide a sense of unification unto those who fly/wear/worship them - But they promote DIVISION to those who don't.
Is humankind that stupid, it doesn't know this?
Thank fck, those akin to me aren't as deluded as the whole.
0 Replies