Yamaha Audio Reciver

rosco

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 09:00 pm
I just purchased a Yamaha HTR-5640. Does anyone know how to set this up properly? The instructions for best sound quality is terrible!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 2
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:04 pm
Quote:
It's All About Connections

This surround sound receiver has 4 video inputs and 1 video output. Two component video inputs and a component video output are HDTV compatible and assure the best possible video signal transmission. You also get two audio-only inputs and one audio-only output. The receiver provides 1 optical and 1 coaxial digital input, which means you can attach digital sources such as DVD and CD. Auto-Priority input selection and auto decoder selection help in making sure you're getting the most out of your sources. When a source is selected, the receiver automatically chooses the best quality input connected (digital audio rather than analog audio, etc.). It also makes the same automatic selection for decoding, down the hierarchy from discrete multi-channel, to matrix, and then stereo.

It looks like maybe this setting is something to check out? Can you disable that perhaps?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 01:34 am
The video input in a receiver is just so you can display audio configurations on screen. Forget it. The LCD readout on the receiver is adequate. Usually, there's a tech number to call to help set a receiver up initially (it is kinda frustrating, I agree). It's not good after about ninety days, so call them now and wait about fifteen minutes to get a real live tech. Very Happy
0 Replies