Coulrophobia

A Lyn Fei

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:25 pm
@chai2,
Alright, I think you're upset about something other than philosophy, but please don't take out your anger on me, sir.
I was giving an opinion on a topic. Philosophy only means "the love of thought" so those were my thoughts on the subject. I personally don't care for the subject. I was trying to placate to a request, and I feel that you are being inconsiderate to my attempt at being nice.

Never my intention to offend, only to discuss as this is a forum.

A Lyn
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:30 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I get the heebee jeebees and chills. It is like a bad dream as you look just like my doll.
I remember once when I was about 5 or 6 years old.
I became ill for a couple of days from eating some sausages
that were semi-circular (almost) in shape; curved.

There was some writing in a curved shape in my environment
whose curvature approximated that of the offensive sausages.

After I recovered my good health, it nauseated me to see that curved writing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:32 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
I'm not upset, I'm not angry, and I'm not a sir.
Also, you don't offend.

You don't need to placate me, and answer on a thread you don't want to.

methinks you put a little bit too much thought into your response.
A Lyn Fei

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:36 pm
@chai2,
Ah, I apologize for the sir comment. Not sure why I put that. Anyhow, thinking is what I do. But I will leave it there. Thank you for the civil response.
chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
A Lyn Fei wrote:

I was giving an opinion on a topic. Philosophy only means "the love of thought" so those were my thoughts on the subject.

So, who else's opinion or thoughts would one give, if not your own? <scratches head>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:57 pm
@chai2,
Once in a while we are scarily alike, Chai. Another ditto to one of your posts on this thread.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:46 pm
@ossobuco,
creepy, huh...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 03:51 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

technically speaking, Howdy Doody is not a ventriloquists dummy, he is a marionette

he has strings and moves independently of those he interacts with

Oh yeah? Who you callin' Marion? Surprised Laughing
djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:00 pm
@Reyn,
if it was good enough for the Duke
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/John_Wayne_in_Wake_of_the_Red_Witch_trailer.jpg
Marion Robert Morrison
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:01 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
I hope that u 'll ENJOY the forum, A Lyn Fei !

David
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:15 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
A Lyn Fei wrote:

Alright, I think you're upset about something other than philosophy, but please don't take out your anger on me, sir.
I was giving an opinion on a topic. Philosophy only means "the love of thought" so those were my thoughts on the subject. I personally don't care for the subject. I was trying to placate to a request, and I feel that you are being inconsiderate to my attempt at being nice.

Never my intention to offend, only to discuss as this is a forum.

Ah, this is very strange. Chai was being very funny in a rather clever way. . Good grief, we do have to laugh, too. It takes talent to say something that makes people laugh, and she was right on cue. There's lots of intelligent humor on these threads. At times I call to my husband to read a post where the humor is intelligently clever (or cleverly intelligent). I think the last time I did that was the thread about the words "ilk & unquent." Too funny, as were the two short poems by the philosophers, that followed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:41 pm
sniff...only.... only you get me pemerson.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:40 pm
@chai2,
what am I, chopped liver?

(do I have to say I'm teasing? no, I don't think so..)
roger

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I'm going to send Chai a PM.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

technically speaking, Howdy Doody is not a ventriloquists dummy, he is a marionette

he has strings and moves independently of those he interacts with
chai2 wrote:

ugugugug....

even worse, he moves on its own.

slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch....
A nice .44 special revolver, loaded with hollowpointed slugs
woud turn it into splinters real quick.

We are in total agreement.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:37 pm
I went to one of the original Howdy Doody shows, that being somehow related to rko pathe where my father worked that year. Clarabelle just seemed stupid (I was judgemental even then, yes.) I was, in my way, saying eh!, though I probably clapped along. I'd have much rather gone to Macy's to look all around; yes, the toy department, but the whole place. Even at nine I like walking the sidewalks of new york.

I think it was Butrfly that mentioned her favorite comedians, and they are, to a man, my unfavorites. (Well, viva la difference, and it's interesting how people differ). I admit to some liking of the three stooges, as in once.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:55 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I went to one of the original Howdy Doody shows, that being somehow related to rko pathe where my father worked that year. Clarabelle just seemed stupid (I was judgemental even then, yes.) I was, in my way, saying eh!, though I probably clapped along. I'd have much rather gone to Macy's to look all around; yes, the toy department, but the whole place. Even at nine I like walking the sidewalks of new york.

I think it was Butrfly that mentioned her favorite comedians, and they are, to a man, my unfavorites. (Well, viva la difference, and it's interesting how people differ). I admit to some liking of the three stooges, as in once.
How is "eh!" defined ?
I 've never used that word, but
I think it'd strain the mouth to pronounce that h.

David
0 Replies