A US public library system censoring the net.

BillRM

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:23 pm
My local Miami Dade library system tries to block me from going to a website to update my P2P software today.

Popping up a block notice that I was trying to access an evil P2P website.

Note this was not running a p2p program and therefore using their bandwidth just accessing a website that contains such software.

In any case after shaking my head I started the good old Tor network and went to that ban website and downloaded the new version of the software within a few minutes.

I then got a complain form and wrote that I am shock they would try to block a legal website that have legal software and that for their information P2P software does have legal and useful uses.

Then I pointed out that their filtering is worthless as it took me all of 30 seconds to get around it using a tool design to get around the censorship of the Chinese government.

Commenting that they should be ashamed of themselves as a US library system as they should be defending people rights to be free of internet censorship not taking part in it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,173 • Replies: 0
No top replies