Chat Room

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:20 am
I'm a little disappointed that i don't see a chat client here. Correct me if I have missed it but i did look around without success. It might not seem like a big concern to some but over on the philo forum there were quite a few members who didn't post very often but used the chat room a lot. Sure i could go somewhere else if i want a philosophical chat room but that isn't the point, it was the fact that the forum was the focal point. Being familiar with some of the member posts or discussing particular topics floating around or just becoming more familiar with a member without having to post topics of discussion. So if there is no chat room here, i really hope this changes and soon because i know some of those members will abandon the site and that would be a huge loss. Also had i known there wasn't going to be a chat client i probably would have made other arrangements.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:23 am
@Krumple,
Here you go:

Not quite the same but you can put it almost anywhere. We'll probably do a different take on chat eventually though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:26 am
We do have a chat program we can access. It used to be bookmarked on my browser, but has disappeared!

I am sure Robert will be along soon to point it out.

Try here:

http://www.meebo.com/rooms_popout.py?id=qWZxlrGrZb&width=500&height=410
0 Replies

ughaibu

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:31 am
@Krumple,
Apparently there are two replies to the post to which I'm replying, where the hell are they?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:34 am
@Krumple,
ive been meaning to have a word with you Krumple
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:50 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

ive been meaning to have a word with you Krumple

About what?
0 Replies

drillersmum

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 11:35 am
@Krumple,
I'd like to get involved in some sort of chat with someone but never really found anyone who would be bothered chatting back. Used to chat in Yahoo chat rooms but tired of the banal one-liners. Now I post a message in A2K now and again and get good responses which is almost the next best thing to "chat". Whenever there is nothing worth watching on TV and I am not quite ready for bed, that is when I bring up A2K and check out "Popular", "New Topics" and "New Posts". When there is nothing much of interest (to me) in there, that is when I shut down. Big sighs.
0 Replies